Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We'll beat our competitors price or its FREE!!!

VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I've heard this sales pitch for a long time, recently hearing it quite a bit on this local car dealersip advertisement.

At what point does the dealer throw his hands up and say "ya know what?  I just cant beat that price.  Here, its free.  The fricken car is free"

I mean, the whole pitch is just ridiculous and it makes me laugh every time I hear it.  "ya sorry, we cant come down another $1,000 so it makes more sense just to give the thing away"

Comments

• C-B-MC-B-M Member Posts: 2,659

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

I've heard this sales pitch for a long time, recently hearing it quite a bit on this local car dealersip advertisement.

At what point does the dealer throw his hands up and say "ya know what?  I just cant beat that price.  Here, its free.  The fricken car is free"

I mean, the whole pitch is just ridiculous and it makes me laugh every time I hear it.  "ya sorry, we cant come down another $1,000 so it makes more sense just to give the thing away"

You're approaching this wrong.  First of all, realize that most people are lazy and don't actually price shop.  They just assume that if someone makes that claim they are the lowest price.  Secondly, auto dealers are constrained by the manufacturer's cost.  In other words, it's a pretty safe bet that the competitor price won't be less than cost.  Therefore, at worst you lose $1 on the sale, or something like that.  Realize that they aren't ALL simultaneously trying to price compete with that offer.  Usually it's just one dealer.  Notice that?