Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony... nintendo... makers of fallout, and now CCP of eve online HACKED

whats with this latest trend of people hacking all these people?!

Its got to stop and these people need to be held accountable..

Lastest victim is EVE onlines CCP according to twitter..

lulzsec..

'we just hacked / taken down eve online login server, and took out all their websites at same time'

Reports suggest that eveonline.com and  evegate.com are down, and no-one can access the game..

Who do these hackers think they are? just seem like some attention seeker little shits?!

about time the police MI5 and CIA whooped these guys so bad and banged them up in jail, so the only hacking that goes on is when they drop the soap!!

shhh... you might wake the trolls

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by G_Ravenor

whats with this latest trend of people hacking all these people?!

Its got to stop and these people need to be held accountable..

Lastest victim is EVE onlines CCP according to twitter..

lulzsec..

'we just hacked / taken down eve online login server, and took out all their websites at same time'

Reports suggest that eveonline.com and  evegate.com are down, and no-one can access the game..

Who do these hackers think they are? just seem like some attention seeker little shits?!

about time the police MI5 and CIA whooped these guys so bad and banged them up in jail, so the only hacking that goes on is when they drop the soap!!

I'm wondering if we'll here that they "deserved it" like we read so many people say about sony.  Somehow I doubt it.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Epic games too.

• G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

where do you draw the line with this stuff though?

I mean at the moment you could say its not doing too much harm, but what about when companies fold due to this type of action? Its not just the lives of the people who run the company that are effected, but the workers and their families.

It needs to stop and it needs to stop now, I do not care of their reasons, or if some companies deserve it, its not funny, its not clever, and it needs to stop before someone does get hurt

shhh... you might wake the trolls

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Hacked and Taken down are two very different states, anyone can take down a site/server with a strategic DDOS and similar methods, its if data has been compromised that matters.

• Cactus201Cactus201 Member Posts: 160

If anything that guy was quick to report this "Hacking".

Twice.

Existence is a paradox. It just is.

• jado818jado818 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 356

Should just make some new laws making penalties for doing these types of attacks more stringent.

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

I know if I had kids and ended up having to pay 10K dollars because they were dicking around on the internet doing DDoS on some random stupid company... they'd lose their computer pretty fast.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

While i feel sorry for the people who can't play EvE, i do kinda wonder now if this debunks the theory that these people were going after sony because of their bad business practices and weak security.

This no longer seems to be about secruity or how they treat their customers, but more along the lines of just seeing who they can get and how often.

Edit: heres hoping Bioware and Anet got some kind of measure in place to reduce the chances of this happening to them. *crosses fingers*

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Originally posted by jado818

Should just make some new laws making penalties for doing these types of attacks more stringent.

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

I know if I had kids and ended up having to pay 10K dollars because they were dicking around on the internet doing DDoS on some random stupid company... they'd lose their computer pretty fast.

I'm pretty sure 5 - 10 years in prison would be a better deterrent.

• jado818jado818 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 356

Originally posted by Psychow

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

That would work for older people.. but some countries don't send minors to prison..

Like the USA where i live.. minors usually end up doing something dumb like 50 hours community service..

steal a car>>> go clean trash for 3 weekends..

If there was a fine that made the parents of the young troublemakers like this actually do their job and monitor their children a little bit... then maybe things like this would be less common.

• GerethGereth Member Posts: 20

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

That would work for older people.. but some countries don't send minors to prison..

Like the USA where i live.. minors usually end up doing something dumb like 50 hours community service..

steal a car>>> go clean trash for 3 weekends..

If there was a fine that made the parents of the young troublemakers like this actually do their job and monitor their children a little bit... then maybe things like this would be less common.

this would be a little differnt then taking a joy ride ... Hacking like this falls under Federal law you would do serious time in a serious place not just some community service. Anything done out of the state the comapny is automaticly gets you federal heat.

That said there should be public caning lets start whooping asses in public i bet that stops it fast !

Honor, Valor, Truth are in the heart of the true and the one.

- Gereth Deepdale

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

Damn right.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

you forgot codemasters as well

Codemasters, makers of Dirt 2, hacked

• preston326preston326 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

Thats disproportional for the crime and you know it.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

that is if they live on your country and or find the dude doing it, problem is where is the official note about it? trolling and fake info over teh net is common so till you can point a official source I think its a lie

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Cactus201Cactus201 Member Posts: 160

I think what they're trying to say is this situation is out of control. That person does everything it wants and nothing out there seems to be stopping it.

What it is it wants it to harm companies and disturb the peace of milions of people by now.

This is a criminal.

Existence is a paradox. It just is.

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

like i said in the other thread

THEY DID CHANGE THE LAWS

hacking is now considered an act of war by the department of justice.

all of these hacks are the response to that decision.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43224451/ns/us_news-security/

look at the timing.  at first it was just sony and that was its own thing.  but things have really ramped up after the 31st of last month.

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Originally posted by preston326

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

No. No its not. These recent hacks have cost hundreds of millions in damages because stupid kids want to screw around on the internet and be viral crusaders. It ridiculous, and it needs to stop.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by cerebrix

THEY DID CHANGE THE LAWS

look at the timing.  at first it was just sony and that was its own thing.  but things have really ramped up after the 31st of last month.

hey, if that means they can line them against the wall and shoot them.. then it gets my vote.. image

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I have to wonder if this hacking is essential contrived. Japan has an earthquake and then Sony is hacked and we see a pattern increasing in this criminal activity across the boardgrid of any compnay that has $$$$,  in Spain suspects were arrested then let go who are part of a known hacking ring on this issue. Personally I blame Skynet. Nothing to think about here folks, move along. 

• ducesettutamducesettutam Member UncommonPosts: 85

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

Maybe if every punishment was disporportionally larger than the crime and we actually made criminals serve their time, then they would stop and think before making a dumb choice.

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237

All in all, the threat these actions are causing is getting very serious, but, its pretty obvious that, not only must the threat be dealt with seriously, and, must be done fast, but, on the other hand, these companies must take a serious stand over thier hardware, and, security also, ie, a new type of security system must be established so that security, even in icloud form can be established.

2 wrongs don't make a right, but, considering that ramifications of the entire hacking potentials that have happened, and, are likely to continue, there must be better security.

Originally posted by jadedlevir

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

No. No its not. These recent hacks have cost hundreds of millions in damages because stupid kids want to screw around on the internet and be viral crusaders. It ridiculous, and it needs to stop.

I dont know the laws in your country, but here you go to jail  for about 5 years for killing someone. Now taking someones life cannot be equal to stealing data, besides the guy would come out of prison someday and he would be sereously messed up. So I believe its disproportional. However, I would fully agree with *harsh* fines, PW and ban from the Internet.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by cerebrix

THEY DID CHANGE THE LAWS

hey, if that means they can line them against the wall and shoot them.. then it gets my vote.. image

and hope no one can blame you for doing it, with is easy and simple, face it internet was not made to be secure, just a way to share data, people just find a way to make money out of it and complain about the security, I still wonder one thing though, if the defense plans are so important and all techs, why the hell are they plugged on the internet? crappy security with stupid it team, they are just asking for it

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by jadedlevir

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

I dont know the laws in your country, but here you go to jail  for about 5 years for killing someone. Now taking someones life cannot be equal to stealing data, besides the guy would come out of prison someday and he would be sereously messed up. So I believe its disproportional. However, I would fully agree with *harsh* fines, PW and ban from the Internet.

I dunno about your country, but in the US, killing someone typically is followed by life imprisonment except under rare circumstances of obvious jury corruption (which is then usually appealed anyway). IIRC, 'Life" means 25 years minimum and then you're up for parol, but whether you get that or not is debateable (it happens so rarely that when it does, it gets news coverage). And you can't ban someone from the internet, not without restricting them to their home for the rest of their lives, otherwise they can hack from another person's computer. And if you're restricting them to their home then...I don't know...sounds like life imprisonment, don't you think?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by ducesettutam

Maybe a 5~10K$ fine?

Maybe if every punishment was disporportionally larger than the crime and we actually made criminals serve their time, then they would stop and think before making a dumb choice.

The reason why people commit retarded crimes is that they think they will never get caught. Hacking a game is pretty retarded. And by the way, in the medieval times you got your arm cut off for stealing. That is as disproportional as it can be, however there were still people who were stealing.