Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera's full list of E3 2011 press coverage

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

TERA's E3 2011 Press Coverage

AbleGamers

At E3 | Tera Preview with Chris Hager

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbleGamers

Tera is an innovative Action MMO game where there is far more to the combat sequences than your average MMO. Combat involves positioning, timing, aim and determination to be successful. Tera was designed to truly involve the player; this is not an MMO where you can play the game, watch TV and make food all at the same time. “Tera seamlessly integrates elements such as questing, PvP combat and crafting into its all action, no faction approach.”

The graphics for the game are extremely attractive and enticing. In many respects the creatures and landscape remind me of the movie Avatar. The landscaping is very lush with beautiful vistas and dark, scary dungeons.

ButtonMasher

Hands-on: Tera

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButtonMasher

Tera has been in development for a remarkable amount of time, but they haven’t been whistling the-Korean-equivalent-of-Dixie over there. The game world is absolutely massive, but even more impressive is the sense of incredible exploration and wonder in said world. A quick Google search can show you some of the breadth and beauty of some of the hundreds of unique, almost alien landscapes found throughout Tera. A representative on-hand mentioned that over two hundred individual artists were working on the title, a staggering number, and it shows.

Examiner

E3 2011: TERA Hands-On Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Examiner

TERA, The Exiled Realm of Arborea, is an upcoming MMO developed by Bluehole Studio. TERA is receiving much buzz because they’re eschewing the traditional auto attack that a majority of MMO’s use. Instead, TERA is action based, meaning that you must dodge and weave and hit the attack button like you would in any action adventure console game.

E3 2011: TERA screens

Quote:

Originally Posted by Examiner

En Masse Entertainment has released a big batch of new screens for their upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game, TERA (also known as TERA Online and The Exiled Realm of Arborea), during this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. The latest images showcase a few of the environment and cinematic scenes. The real-time combat from the massively multiplayer online role-playing game was also shown off.

G4TV

TERA E3 2011 Chris Hager Interview -- Nothing Is Certain But Death & Taxes

Quote:

Originally Posted by G4TV

TERA, the action combat MMO, wants to change the way you play. Used to standing still, cycling spell macros while you microwave a bag of chicken tenders? Not gonna cut it here. Used to reaching endgame content, wishing your character could somehow become more of an influence on the world? Or maybe you just want to exist within the fantasy universe, living out a peaceful, swords-as-big-as-your-horse-less life? Then TERA Producer Chris Hager has some good news for you...

Casey's E3 2011 MMO Predictions - The MMO Report

Quote:

Originally Posted by G4TV

Even through we're all in the middle of E3 madness, it's still Thursday, which means we have to give you a new MMO Report. Since Casey's busy gracing the Los Angeles Convention Center with his presence, we've got an episode we shot last week where he tried to predict what MMOs we'll be seeing at E3 2011. Did he get them all right? Find out through G4tv.com's intensive E3 coverage and let us know how he did.

Game Informer

Tera: Tight Gameplay And Ambitious Politics

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Informer

Don’t write Tera off as another rush-job mediocre Korean import because of its art style. This action-oriented MMO is doing a lot more than your standard issue trans-Pacific title.

Tera’s gameplay is closer to Monster Hunter than World of Warcraft. You don’t lock onto targets and there’s little auto-aim. Whether your attacks connect is determined by where you swing your sword or launch a fireball, not whether the dice rolling under the hood came up in your favor. You’re still activating abilities off of hotkeys, managing cooldowns, and following branching skill chains as you fight, but manual dodging and targeting add a lot of tension to battle. The five-player boss fight I participated in on the E3 show floor was an absolute blast.

GameFront

E3 2011 – TERA Hands-On Preview

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameFront

Let’s get one thing out in the open: I don’t play MMO’s. Besides the monthly fees, I have nothing against them. That style of buffing-stats, charging (and cooling) attacks, and endless slaughtering of rats just never really appealed to me. Not to mention massive dedication to real-world players that’s required to succeed on any moderate scale.

But oh man would I play TERA.

Well, technically I already did, but I mean on a regular basis. Originally a Korean title this action-heavy MMORPG has been getting tweaked, rewritten, upgraded, and all around improved for upcoming Western audiences.

GameRant

E3 2011: ‘TERA’ Preview – Politics and Power

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameRant

With everything that has been shown so far, including its beautiful cinematic trailer and a hands-on look at one of the game’s epic Vanarch missions, TERA is shaping up to be a serious contender in the MMO market.

GamerTell

E3 2011: En Masse plans for more action and politics in MMOs

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerTell

I have to admit, I’m more than a little jaded when it comes to massively multiplayer online (MMO) games, especially when it comes to combat, which lately just seems to be cycling through my skills as their timers go off.

This is why I’m plenty excited about Tera, an action role playing game (RPG) from En Masse Entertainment. Yes, there are skills with timers, but the monsters move around much more than in most other games, and this is a big deal, since you need to actually target your attacks if you want to hit them, getting bonuses as you strike from the side or rear. If you miss, it’s your own fault, there’s no underlying mechanic that determines whether your blows land or not, it’s all you. Battles play out much more like Diablo than World of Warcraft, and I approve. The E3 demo pitted a party of half a dozen characters against a gigantic dragon, and it was pretty epic, I died at least three times, thanks to my deep lack of combat skills (which I attribute to playing too many of the ‘old’ type MMOs). I can see a highly skilled player taking on monsters far above his level.

GamersBook

Tera E3 2011 Trailers

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamersBook

En Masse Entertainment has released two new trailer for their upcoming massively multiplayer game TERA. First trailer is a cinematic and reveals a bit of TERA's story and lore then it continues showing a battle between TERA's playable classes while second trailer reveals more of an in-game experience.

GameSpot

E3 2011: We Just Played TERA (And Got New Details)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameSpot

In TERA, once your character reaches the game's experience level limit, you'll be eligible for the office of "vanarch," which is the ruler of one of the game's numerous provinces. There will be two different paths to power, based either on popular votes or on ranking in the game's player-versus-player arenas. If your character is well liked enough (or has deep enough pockets to bribe a significant population of voters), you can be voted into office; otherwise, you can seize the title if your character reaches the absolute paragon peak of PVP.

E3 2011 Atari Booth Tour (PC)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameSpot

Homer stumbles upon some awesome games over at the Atari Booth at E3 2011.

TERA Images

GameSpy

The Interrogation Room: Tera

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameSpy

...your skills and powers shoot wherever your targeting cursor happens to be pointed at the time, as opposed to the genre's traditional lock-on combat mechanic. It's less methodical and more twitch-based, which might (if executed properly) appeal to people who find typical MMO combat boring.

GameTrailers

E3 2011: Political System Walkthrough (Cam) HD

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameTrailers

Players' rise to power and reign of power explained at E3 2011!

E3 2011: Sabrnak Vanarch Quest Walkthrough (Cam) Part I

Quote:

Take on some smaller bosses with a guild and level up!

E3 2011: Sabrnak Vanarch Quest Walkthrough (Cam) Part II

Quote:

Take on a BAM in this raid walkthrough, and get yourself out of the danger zone!

GameZone

2011 E3: TERA ‘Politcal System’ Interview Video Game Trailer

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameZone

Interview with Brian, the senior producer of upcoming MMORPG Tera. Brian goes into depth about the innovative political system Tera features in the game.

Game Preview for TERA E3 2011 Preview - MMORPG

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameZone

Many of today’s MMORPGs are clones of each other. The genre has been saturated with games that feature boring combat and repetitive quests. Thankfully, TERA takes a different approach and tries to distinguish itself from the general market. Through an invigorating combat system and a groundbreaking political system, it looks to break free from the mold.

TERA is not your typical “click a button and watch the combat take place” type of game. Instead, you control the action in this real-time combat system. You must aim and click for each individual spell cast or swing of the sword. The game’s combat leaves nothing to chance. Your aim will be the difference between successfully healing your ally or missing and inflicting death on your entire party. This system is a breathtaking change to a genre where combat has become stale.

IGN

E3 2011: The Politics of Tera

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGN

I've said a lot of stuff about Tera in the past. I'm a pretty huge advocate of the action-MMO which requires a lot of skill to play successfully. The combat for melee characters feels like a really hard hack-n-slash, and like a third-person-shooter for ranged characters. But as it turns out, playing Tera skillfully requires more than just fast reactions.

There's an aspect to the MMO that was mentioned only in passing when it was first announced, specifically Tera's Political System. MMOs have had player housing before, and turf-wars aren't anything new, but the Political System is something else entirely. There are two tiers to the political system -- the Vanarchs, who are like the lords of a section of the world map, and the Exarch, who is the ruler of an entire continent.

E3 2011: The Big Games List

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGN

IGN's E3 Big Games List compiles all the titles confirmed by publishers or developers. There are plenty more games we know or expect -- this list isn't for those. These are the things that have been promised publicly or told to us on the record.

Kotaku

Here’s That Action-Packed TERA Online Combat I Was Telling You About

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotaku

Remember back in our big role-playing games of E3 2011 article, when I called out Bluehole Studios' TERA Online for its fast-paced combat and larger-than-life enemies? Here's a video that explains what I was talking about.

It's not quite a massively multiplayer online action game, but it comes pretty close. I know it's easy to write-off an MMO because of that trademark Asian art style, but damn, would you look at that beast they're fighting? Who wouldn't want a piece of that?

Machinima.com

E3 2011 Machinima Coverage: TERA interview w/ producer Chris Hager

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinima.com

Hundar of Realm interviews Chris Hager about the highly anticipated game from Bluehole Studios and En Masse Entertainment. From combat to classes, we have all your questions covered!

Massively

E3 2011: En Masse interview delves into TERA's political system

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massively

First and foremost, it's important to note that TERA's political system is entirely player-driven. There is no script and no plan, and it's entirely up to the game's populace to decide how the politics on each server will play out. The player's overarching goal within the political system is to become a Vanarch, the leader of a province. The benefits of becoming a Vanarch are many, and in the words of Mr. Ramirez, Vanarchs "have a shit-ton of power, a shit-ton of money, and a shit-ton of fame."

MMOCulture

E3 2011 - TERA shows off duo of trailers

MMOsite

Tera To Utilize Player-driven Politics

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMOsite

Mandifesto and myself were given a real treat when we stopped by En Masse's booth at E3 today: Being able to get a sneak peek at Tera, the new MMORPG that seeks to break the point-and-click mold that games in the same genre have fallen into, we were actually given some never-before-released info on one of the more intriguing player-driven systems set in place within the game: politics.

TERA - E3 2011 Cinematic Trailer

Quote:

En Masse Entertainment has released the newest trailer at E3 2011 for TERA, their upcoming fantasy action-MMOG. Showcasing intense and brutal combat in the Valley of the Titans, the trailer shows heroes fighting against desperate odds to save the gods. For if the gods should die, then the world of TERA will perish as well.

TERA - E3 2011 Boss Raid Trailer

Quote:

En Masse Entertainment has released two trailers at E3 2011 for TERA, their upcoming fantasy action-MMOG. Showcasing intense and brutal combat in the Valley of the Titans, the trailer shows heroes fighting against desperate odds to save the gods. For if the gods should die, then the world of TERA will perish as well.

N4G

Tera E3 2011 Trailers

Quote:

Originally Posted by N4G

En Mass Entertainment released a cinematic trailer together with an action packed gameplay movie

Nerd Reactor

E3 2011: TERA Online Impressions and Gallery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerd Reactor

Last year, Nerd Reactor had a taste of “True Action” MMO, TERA Online. It left a huge impression on us and was certainly a game we were keeping tabs on. This year, En Masse Entertainment is back at E3 and the game is shaping up to be even better than the last preview. For the uninformed, TERA is a developing MMORPG whose single biggest drawing point is “Action”. What do I mean by that? It means instead of just targeting on a mob and being locked into combat with it, you have free reign control over your character at all times. Instead of passively slapping on the attack key, you must maneuver through enemies, chain together awesome combos through your regular attacks and your skills. That’s right! It’s as if you’re were playing an action game inside and MMORPG. So how is TERA doing now? En Masse gave NR a new firsthand demo to run through in the form of giant boss however that’s not all. En Masse also teased at a new Political system to be implemented in TERA.

OnRPG

E3: Details released regarding TERA Online's Political System!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnRPG

Enmasse just released details of the new political system in TERA Online. The lands of TERA are divided up into territories that elected players called Vanarchs can control. In order for a player to be elected into the Vanark position is through an election system held ever so often. The players in the territory have the right to vote on whether or not a certain player gets the opportunity to assume the position. However diplomacy is not the only way to achieve rulership, players can also become Vanark through domination and arena combat in each region. Tournaments are held and if a players team is victorious then the team leader is elected as Vanarch.

E3 2011: TERA: Interview with Producer Chris Hager: Online Basic Combat Part 1

Quote:

An interview with producer Chris Hager of TERA Online, explaining the dynamic combat system within the game. Make sure to watch our other videos with Chris Hager because these videos cover other aspects of the soon-to-be-released TERA Online game!

E3 2011: TERA: Combo System Interview w/ Producer Chris Hager: Part 2

Quote:

An interview with producer Chris Hanger of TERA Online, explaining the new combat combo system within the game. Check out part 3 of this series as Chris goes into details about the TERA's political system which adds a whole new dynamic to the game!

E3 2011: TERA: Political System Interview w/ Producer Chris Hager Part 3

Quote:

An interview with producer Chris Hanger of TERA Online, explaining the new political system within the game.

pnosker.com

E3 2011: Hands on with TERA

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnosker.com

TERA promises to have hundreds of skills at your fingertips across seven races and eight classes to choose from. Beautiful graphics and fairly intuitive and customizable controls make TERA solid in the game play aspect. In the small taste that we got of the game, TERA appears to have a lot of potential. Provided that En Masse can keep a good balance in the single player aspect and provide for a solid storyline, TERA will be one game to keep an eye out for.

RPGamer

TERA Impression and Video Demo - E3 2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPGamer

Since everyone can experience the combat, we were given a demonstration on the political system of TERA. The world is divided up into regions and there will be a single player in charge of all of the rules and taxes for that region. There are two ways to rise to power: take it by force with PvP victories or garner enough votes to win an election. Either way, once in power, the player will need to earn points to stay in power, with two ways to earn these points. Those elected into power simply need to keep the votes coming, while those who take it by force need to slay large monsters in order to earn points to stay in power. As it turns out, someone needed our help to do just that, so our little party of five headed out to find a dragon.

TERA Second Impression and Trailer - E3 2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPGamer

On the show floor, Mikel and I tried our hand at the game. I was impressed with how easy it was to control your character. The game's camera was excellent, and the lack of camera issues really helped me navigate. The town we were in was very fantasy-like and vibrantly colored. The leaves on the trees were a lovely purple color fading to a bright blue. As we left town, we wondered into a forest with many greens and browns, walking along on what looked like an old cobblestone road that had moss and grass slowly growing over it. There were many little creatures scurrying around, we even came across some more hostile creatures and larger animals that looked like deer or antelope the further we wandered in.

Ten Ton Hammer

Hands-On with TERA’s Memorable Melee Classes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ten Ton Hammer

Overall, our group encounter was one of the most satisfying I’ve had in ages. The fight itself was pretty intense from start to finish, but I was having so much fun the entire time that it seemed to pass by in a flash. By the time our appointment came to its inevitable conclusion, I was already trying to figure out when I would have room in my schedule to go back and play the game again on one of the show floor demo stations.

And as soon as I had a small block of free time, that’s exactly what I did.

E3 2011: En Masse Entertainment Reveals New TERA Trailer

Quote:

En Masse Entertainment has released the newest trailer at E3 2011 for TERA, their upcoming fantasy action-MMOG. Showcasing intense and brutal combat in the Valley of the Titans, the trailer shows heroes fighting against desperate odds to save the gods. For if the gods should die, then the world of TERA will perish as well. If this trailer doesn’t get your blood pumping, there’s something wrong with you!

E3 2011: New TERA Screenshots Get Political

Quote:

En Masse Entertainment is showing off more of their action MMORPG TERA at E3 2011. Last year we got the chance to play an impressive demo of the game and this year our ground team had the chance to sample the game's latest content and political system. While you wait for that juicy bit of content, cut your teeth on a new batch of E3 2011 TERA screenshots complete with a look at the game's impressive environments and political system.

TERA Plays a Game of Thrones at E3 2011

Quote:

“If the skill-based combat system makes TERA fun and engaging, the political system offers a whole new level of player engagment,” Stefan Ramirez commented during our E3 demo. Producer Sam Kim continued the thought, noting that while MMOG must-haves such as chat, forums, friend lists, guilds, and parties will be included with TERA, the political system will add new depth to player interaction. “When we say that the political system adds a whole new depth to player engagement, we’re really talking about players influencing the world around them.

“That means getting votes, buying votes, raising taxes, making tons of money, opening shops, running your own events, and imprisoning players – jerks, enemies, it’s about doing whatever you want.”

Top Tier Tactics

E3 2011: TERA Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Tier Tactics

So for our demo, we had a rep from En Masse playing our tank and healer. I was playing the ranged spell caster, and two other media type people were playing the melee DPS and archer classes. Our quest? TO FIND THE GRAIL! Or to kill the dragon so this asshole Vanarch wouldn't get thrown out of office for not having enough policy points.

TERA controls a little bit differently than most MMOs. Your mouse controls the camera, and you have two main attacks bound to left and right mouse button as well as a additional spells bound to 1-6 and f1-f6. Holding down alt brings up an interface overlay for things like spell books and maps and actually being able to see what our spells do.

VE3D

E3 2011: Tons of Tera Shots

ZAM

TERA's E3 Trailer is Worth Watching

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAM

It's an indisputable fact that TERA is a gorgeous game, which is demonstrated in the action MMO's new E3 trailer. Watch it below to see a group of heroes battle enemies in the Valley of Titans in an effort to keep the gods alive.

We got the chance to visit TERA's booth at E3, so be sure to check back soon for our impressions!

TERA at E3: Tout Videos and Community Q&A

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAM

E3 officially kicks off tomorrow, and you can get behind-the-scenes access with En Masse Entertainment as they show off TERA. The team will be posting short videos on Tout, so keep checking the TERA Tout page regularly to see the convention from their vantage point. You can also follow along with Senior Producer Brian Knox on his personal Tout page.

Brian Knox Answers Questions in TERA E3 Chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAM

En Masse Entertainment held an E3 developer chat yesterday with Senior Producer Brian Knox to give TERA fans a chance to ask their questions regarding the development of the game. To get the main questions out of the way first, he stated that the game will launch when it's ready and they'll be evaluating their test event schedule after E3.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

I'm guessing you work for Tera in some fashion, or you are really a die-hard fan. Either way, can you tell us when this is coming out in NA?

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Dang! nice job with all the links.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Sigilaea

I'm guessing you work for Tera in some fashion, or you are really a die-hard fan. Either way, can you tell us when this is coming out in NA?

No I just got sick of everyone complaining that tera does not get any media exposure,  As you can see it does.  Maybe not as much as the big gaming companies but so what.

Besides I just copy/pasted from the offical tera forum site :D   http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19044

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

List updated 6/15/11

• rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Sounds very good. I have to say, with all the links you posted, made  me more hyped  to play this game.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

Originally posted by rudbar

Sounds very good. I have to say, with all the links you posted, made  me more hyped  to play this game.

Yeah it should be fun,  At least all the westerners playing on the Korean servers say that its fun.  I played on the NA client for the 2 day event back in march and I had a blast, the starting area was kinda so so.  But once you leave the island it really starts to pick up.

• dleveldlevel Member UncommonPosts: 88

Nice job with the aio links and info.

One question, Will tera have some kind of Sieges or any other meaningful pvp ? I m dying for a game that is like lineage 2 pvp system ( castles - fortresses etc )

Originally posted by dlevel

Nice job with the aio links and info.

One question, Will tera have some kind of Sieges or any other meaningful pvp ? I m dying for a game that is like lineage 2 pvp system ( castles - fortresses etc )

Server vs server warfare mostly and that will be at end game,  No Sieges that I know of.  A list of the added content can be found here:  http://www.terafans.com/topic/8803-k-tera-press-conference-demon-beast-of-destruction/?s=566ef1a826d968f34c17f85d5ae61963