Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is happening with TERA in Korea?!

13»

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

With leveling being so fast, what do you do when you have hit the cap?

And please dont say raiding for gear so you can raid for more gear... 

In any case, this again shows that pretty gfx and innovative combat system is not enough to become a successful MMORPG (AoC anyone?).

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

i lol`d

you say because leveling ist fast , the game is shit ? thats phatetic u don t have a clue...

go and play your linage 2 where u can grind 1mio times to max lvl ..

if you are interested in a game go and read about it, there are no raids , and there probably never will be raids.

end game is the politics system what is connectet with pvp.

after the new patch and with the next big patch tera has more to offer than any mmo released in the last years.

there is massive pve instances and open world bosses.

lots of pvp and a very good politics system , there are guild rankings and arena / bg rankings for the one who likes competion.

you can get your items from pve and the pvp items from open world pvp / arena / bg ...

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Nepulas, thanks for the info. I am watching this game for sure. How good is the mature content? I noticed it's m-rated for blood, but did not really see much.

On a side note, while 12 to 16 hours of play isn't much in Korea, I would personaally consider it beyond extreme.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Nepulas, thanks for the info. I am watching this game for sure. How good is the mature content? I noticed it's m-rated for blood, but did not really see much. On a side note, while 12 to 16 hours of play isn't much in Korea, I would personaally consider it beyond extreme.

mature content , mh .. yeah there is blood and there a big tits etc but know if its enough to be m-rated , its ok , don t need more blood or something else.

for me 12-16 hours is hardcore ;)

how many hours korean people play , i don t know , but playing more then 16hours a day for a few weeks is just stupid.

if koreans do that , jeah think u understand why they like games where u need many weeks / month to get max lvl oder the best item ingame , and u understand why leveling is way to fast for korean play style.

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

I played the game some month or two ago, i found it to be quite a good game actually... Only thing i disliked was the lack of grind, making it a bit to easy but to the western market it could turn out just good since western people really are casual players.

When im saying its too low amounts of grind i compare it to L2 mainly.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

If something I have learned so far is that Koreans think far different from we, therefore we shouldn't try to find answers to such things...

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• quickshotzquickshotz Member Posts: 215

Originally posted by nepulas

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

I'm curious, do you have a rough number of gameplay hours it takes to reach level cap?

Something like 100 hours, or 150 hours maybe?

can t really see , i hit lvl 50 after a month playing , i didn t play hardcore ( 12-16 hours a day ) had several days where i was not playing.

i only wrote down how much it takes from 1-20 and from 20-30.

cause this is the level range where u need to power to get a good distance between u and the rest of the server so that u can play without any problems the higher levels.

first time i lvld my sorc to 20 it took my 9 hours.

from 20 to 30 i took 26 hours.

so about 1 and a half day you can except to hit 30 if your are new to the game , maybe a bit faster when its in english.

2nd time i lvld my mythic together with a friend he played zerker.

i knew every quest by heart and where to go , we killed monster fast and completed quests faster.

after 5 1/2 hours we hit lvl 20 , and after 19 hours we hit 30.

Either you are a very slow grinder or your using Korean times and perhaps there grind is longer? After playing every class to level 20 or higher, when I rolled my warrior (last class to try) I did 1-20 in 2ish hours. Your times seem about right for a average player. But really you can hit level 30 in a good days play (Sleep,eating,RL included). BUT then again my warrior sat at level 1 for 2 weeks, so she had a fair ammount of double xp. Overall Leveling does not seem to long, and felt less grindy then WoW

Just kill a BAM and bang there is a bar or 2 of xp lol, Very rewarding. I could be wrong but after many test I feel grinding BAMS on averages levels you faster then quests. But it all depends on your level range. 20-30 I felt was DEFF faster grinding BAMs then questing

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Yamota

With leveling being so fast, what do you do when you have hit the cap?

And please dont say raiding for gear so you can raid for more gear... 

In any case, this again shows that pretty gfx and innovative combat system is not enough to become a successful MMORPG (AoC anyone?).

Well the combat system is it for me...every class plays so differently and I am an alt whore and this really makes me want to level at least a lancer, warrior, slayer and mystic to 60...they are all so tempting.

Plus i'd like to see how each fares in PvP.

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by quickshotz

Originally posted by nepulas

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

I'm curious, do you have a rough number of gameplay hours it takes to reach level cap?

Something like 100 hours, or 150 hours maybe?

can t really see , i hit lvl 50 after a month playing , i didn t play hardcore ( 12-16 hours a day ) had several days where i was not playing.

i only wrote down how much it takes from 1-20 and from 20-30.

cause this is the level range where u need to power to get a good distance between u and the rest of the server so that u can play without any problems the higher levels.

first time i lvld my sorc to 20 it took my 9 hours.

from 20 to 30 i took 26 hours.

so about 1 and a half day you can except to hit 30 if your are new to the game , maybe a bit faster when its in english.

2nd time i lvld my mythic together with a friend he played zerker.

i knew every quest by heart and where to go , we killed monster fast and completed quests faster.

after 5 1/2 hours we hit lvl 20 , and after 19 hours we hit 30.

Either you are a very slow grinder or your using Korean times and perhaps there grind is longer? After playing every class to level 20 or higher, when I rolled my warrior (last class to try) I did 1-20 in 2ish hours. Your times seem about right for a average player. But really you can hit level 30 in a good days play (Sleep,eating,RL included). BUT then again my warrior sat at level 1 for 2 weeks, so she had a fair ammount of double xp. Overall Leveling does not seem to long, and felt less grindy then WoW

Just kill a BAM and bang there is a bar or 2 of xp lol, Very rewarding. I could be wrong but after many test I feel grinding BAMS on averages levels you faster then quests. But it all depends on your level range. 20-30 I felt was DEFF faster grinding BAMs then questing

First of... Necropost... This thread was 10 months old and buried. With that in mind, you are comparing the Korean time to level to the US version. Leveling times have been lowered.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Sephastus

First of... Necropost... This thread was 10 months old and buried. With that in mind, you are comparing the Korean time to level to the US version. Leveling times have been lowered.

Same in Korea as it is in NA, on release KTERA might have been slower, but NA TERA and current KTERA will be the same, it's fast on both.