Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this mmo politcal?

Exnor009Exnor009 Member Posts: 154

How is SB poltical...do the guild leaders chat about how are they going to invade this guild or how is this guild going to invade them?

And can they cancel war agianst the other guild...this game is getting interesting to me

Comments

• Exnor009Exnor009 Member Posts: 154
    And also how do the guilds have citys? ... do they try invading the citys or build them?

and in the city do the guild mebers get to have their own house?

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

Guilds do not have to have thier own tree but good luck finding someone to sub your guild.  They severly limitted the amount of guilds that can sub under one.  As for "invasions" it's not what you think.  Most of the "invasions" are just roaming bands of "l337 d3wdz" who attack you unsuspected and brag about how awesome thier PvP skills are.  It is EXTREMELY difficult for new players to start out unless they have a friend already playing.  Prices on items needed to be competitive are outrageous.  Getting a city is darn near impossible with the latest expansion. 

Not scared away yet?  Large scale PvP battles lag you to death even with turning all your settings down.  The game is still extremely buggy.  My friend reactivated his account, log'd on, played.  Log'd on the next day and all his toons were deleted.  Response from Cust. Ser.....Too bad nothing we can do.  I gave a friend almost 50 millions gold to help with his city.  It disappeared.  Again response was too bad nothing we can do. 

Are you still here?  OK this game had unlimitted potential and is helluh fun to play.  The PvP is by far the best if you don't lag out.  The problem is TOO MANY THINGS ARE CONTROLLED BY PLAYERS.  Which brings us the fact that people in large gatherings are idiots.  While lag and bugs did this game in pretty good....It will ultimately be the players who kill it completely.  Give it a try and have fun.  Talk to everyone you meet and try to get hooked up ina  good guold that can hook you up and show you the ropes.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• HerbalHerbal Member Posts: 11
    i have a ball ....and i dont lagg atall really no more than is to be expected when loading 200 other players ...give the free trial a shot  , its free :)

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412
    For all its downfalls, shadowbane is still one of the best mmos out thier. And now with the new server coming up, and the new server rules for this server, its gonna be better than ever. Just do your self a favor and NEVER join the test server, it sucks you in, and ruins shadowbane for you.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

I cant do the free trail...cause then I have to put a credit card...I just dont wannaput one for some reason

I will just buy the game and see how it is

And I just wanna know the answer to the question not how laggy it is

Originally posted by Zerocyde
    For all its downfalls, shadowbane is still one of the best mmos out thier. And now with the new server coming up, and the new server rules for this server, its gonna be better than ever. Just do your self a favor and NEVER join the test server, it sucks you in, and ruins shadowbane for you.

Uhh what new rulesets on the new server?  The SLIGHT increase to xp and gold?  That's about it. 

The realm system they implmented is a joke.  It's all about who can get the resources the quickest.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    I have been playing on the new server (wrath), and the lag is non-existant to me so far.  Now bear in mind there are no player cities atm, but due to the restriction on the number of possible player cities I doubt there will be much lag, if any in the near future.  Only time can tell on that one.  The rules on the new server concerning guilds and realms is pretty interesting.  I am not sure how much conflict it will cause in the future, mines didnt really do much, and I doubt that city limits in realms will help out.  The one thing that hopefully will happen due to the city limit is the end of ghost towns with one or two buildings.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• JoshFatalJoshFatal Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Exnor009

I cant do the free trail...cause then I have to put a credit card...I just dont wannaput one for some reason
    I will just buy the game and see how it is
    And I just wanna know the answer to the question not how laggy it is

For some reason?

Uh, if you buy the game you're gonna have to put a credit card number in anyway to "see how it is."

I know that already im just not a adult you know my parents dont wanna put their credit card while their saying its only for age verfecation I tryed convinceing them but they still wouldt do it. So I have to do it the other way if my grades are good

• CarraraCarrara Member UncommonPosts: 111

Exnor009,

Even if you buy the game for $9.99 you still have to put a credit card number. You CANNOT play without this. As for the free trial, you don't pay for the client download, but can just activate the account with the credit card number without actualy buying the game. They allow you to simply start making the monthly payment.

So, if your grades are good, just make sure you don't go spending $9.99 for nothing. You get the client for free through the 15 day trial offer and then when ready just activate the account if you like it. 15 days free then if you like it you activate and pay for your first month $12.99 saving yourself $9.99.

Yes, you better believe I'm frugal. I like making my money working for me. It's hard to make $$$ these days and it's better that way.

Carrara.

I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere if you're still a "kid" living at home. 

• BeornwulfBeornwulf Member Posts: 19

Potliticaly its hard to say you would have to look at each guild oe at a time. Some are very well built and cotroled, other are unogernized and work on sheer numbers. You will have to look and talk to them and their adversarys.

City are built and run completly by the learders of the guild . You put up the walls, banks, tree, guard houses, training halls, and venders you self or let you members controle them. Hard to start but if you have good leadership abilties and have enough folllowers well it become a profit if ran well.

War well its up to u and well any one else in the server. Well ya u can stop a siege or tell you members to stop attacking them but them; well, they will do what thay want or is told. Sure stop the battale but you need to talk to the other guild leaders or even pay them off buti if you want to stop the war. Thats up to you and them.

Houses ya u can buy your own houses is it protected? well probly not i have never felt the neeed for one.

• KniteFluxKniteFlux Member Posts: 4

It is political because it had the ability to have politics in the game with their ownership with risk model... but it only had the ability for players to pick up politics. I think most politics died away shortly after release. But that could just be perspective, I did cancel my subscription shortly there after.

• CarraraCarrara Member UncommonPosts: 111

Hello All,

If you're interested in politics of Shadowbane, you absolutly need to get involved in the upper echelon of the power structure. If you're not in a position of authority and control in a guild, chances are you will completely miss the "political" boat.

In my almost 3 years experience playing Shadowbane, I've never taken a back seat in the political arena. I was always part of a guild. I even went as far as run a small band of players that PK'ed for political postering.

It's important to note that the politics of the game are simple. There are only enough resources in game to make them worth fighting for. From the PL Spawn Camps to the new Mines. It's a good blast fest everytime I log in.

Carrara