Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turbine don't seem to need any money

Trying to reactivate my VIP account after the move to Turbine. UK HSBC Visa card, paid for two dozen game subs with it in the last few years with no problems but now Turbine doesn't accept it, tried about 10 times with different browsers but I get the same error telling me that I need to contact my bank. I'm currently paying subs for two other games with the card and it's not a problem for them to clear it. Great business model not wanting money, good luck with that Turbine. 

I asked in general on Snowbourne and got a lot of tells from people with the same problem some of whom were silly enough to call to helpline in the states and were on hold for up to 40 minutes at their own expense which is a disgrace and frankly a bit suspect. All in all it doesn't bode well for the new relationship. 

Let me know if you're found a resolution to the credit card thing or if you have had a similar experience.

Comments

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

I've had a similar problem with two mmo companys. I honestly dont remember which companies atm, but I do remember the error page said to contact my bank. Instead I tried my wifes identical VISA card (except its hers ofc, lol) and it worked instantly. I couldnt find a single reason why hers would work and mine wouldnt, but thats how it was. Weird.

Perhaps someone could shed some light?

• scabbedangelscabbedangel Member UncommonPosts: 117

Ive had this happen to me with turbine as well. The trick here is to enter the card's owners name exactly as your bank has it recorded in their authentification details. Turbine's billing system does not allow for any leeway at all.

Good luck getting things sorted out.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

I had a similar problem with one of my CC aswell a couple years back, can't remember which company either though ...

Thing is, you really should contact your bank. I mean the whole point of a VISA or Mastercard is them being accepted worldwide. Also its not as if Turbine turnes down your card, the bank accepting CC payments on Turbines behalf turnes down your card which makes it a bank2bank problem or something.

Also the person above is right, make sure you get the name, dates and security number exactly right. Also ... make a fire under your banks ass about how your card is not accepted and ask them what kind of sorry excuse for a CC you got from them.

I mean i get it, your card worked for plenty of vendors. But its not working for all Vendors. My card is working for ALL vendors, why would you settle for less?

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by scabbedangel

Ive had this happen to me with turbine as well. The trick here is to enter the card's owners name exactly as your bank has it recorded in their authentification details. Turbine's billing system does not allow for any leeway at all.

Good luck getting things sorted out.

Thanks for the info, called my bank and verified I was using the exact details and I am so it's not that. I guess they want me to stay premium :-)

Originally posted by Rocketeer

I had a similar problem with one of my CC aswell a couple years back, can't remember which company either though ...

Thing is, you really should contact your bank. I mean the whole point of a VISA or Mastercard is them being accepted worldwide. Also its not as if Turbine turnes down your card, the bank accepting CC payments on Turbines behalf turnes down your card which makes it a bank2bank problem or something.

Also the person above is right, make sure you get the name, dates and security number exactly right. Also ... make a fire under your banks ass about how your card is not accepted and ask them what kind of sorry excuse for a CC you got from them.

I mean i get it, your card worked for plenty of vendors. But its not working for all Vendors. My card is working for ALL vendors, why would you settle for less?

Very true. The bank said it's not even registering a decline of the card from Turbine so it's not even getting to the point of trying to verify the card with the bank which is very odd. Might be some problem with the site perhaps :-S

• philparry80philparry80 Member UncommonPosts: 27

I had a problem entering my card details when i created a account to play on the US servers. I am from the UK and have a VIsa through Halifax. I don't know why but the thing which made it go through was when i changed my County on the billing adddress in the list from what it should be which in my case is 'Herefordshire' to 'Unknown/Not Applicable'. Never quite understood why but that is what did it for me.

Originally posted by Pjay80

I had a problem entering my card details when i created a account to play on the US servers. I am from the UK and have a VIsa through Halifax. I don't know why but the thing which made it go through was when i changed my County on the billing adddress in the list from what it should be which in my case is 'Herefordshire' to 'Unknown/Not Applicable'. Never quite understood why but that is what did it for me.

Nope tried that mate, no joy

Hmm Tried a few of the above suggestions again and it suddenly worked. Why do they have to make it so difficult!? 

Anyway thanks for the help and advices lads ;-)

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I just recently had this happen.  Tried with a card I had used previously with Turbine and kept getting the 30005 error (or something like that)  I even tried my partners card, to no avail.  I finally called Turbine support.  They asked if I wanted to use the card already on file, I said yes...Took like 3 minutes (between waiting for tech to answer and the fix)  Saved me a lot of time.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Happened to me as well when I just resubbed after taking a small break from the game for a bit.  I had to call cs as well.  When I asked what the deal was the rep said they recently upgraded their service and their new program wasn't registering some people's addresses properly if they were longer ones.  It created an error in the system so they had to reedit people's addresses when they called and it would rectify the problem

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

I had similar problems, when i tried to purchase turbine points it showed the message: authetication failed, but I could use that same card to go VIP... 

• TawartafleTawartafle Member Posts: 11

You have to type the card holder's name as it appears on the plastic, that's how your credit card company have stored it and is different from the data your bank has.