Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few new screenshots

MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Facebook showed some new screenshots, here they are:

The house in the last picture is Innsmouth Academy by daylight.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Thanks for sharing and careing MMO.Maverick

Besites the nice backdrop scene's going on,I like how every character has its own style going, wish there were a few pictures like this whit faces instead of butts tho ;)

Be intresting to see how tsw will do the social aspect of the game, whitout the forced grind for xp and only 3 known fractions hubs I wonder how they think about RP and general players socializing more importandly how they implent it, games these days all lack the most basic simple things, like some freaking chairs to in it. or leaning against a car/wall whatever.  flavor makes a game great in my humble view ;)

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

The game does look amazing though unsurprising as AoC is also breath taking. Definately a game i'l be keeping an eye on.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

wow very nice thanks!

Joined - July 2004

• Brunte81Brunte81 Member Posts: 28

Removed my pre-order on SWTOR, now waiting on this one. SWTOR look too much like a sci-fi version of WoW. Cartoonish and  too pritty and nice.

This game look cool, I hope Funcom don't fail.

Edit: And thanks for the new screenshots! =D

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Brunte81

Removed my pre-order on SWTOR, now waiting on this one. SWTOR look too much like a sci-fi version of WoW. Cartoonish and  too pritty and nice.

This game look cool, I hope Funcom don't fail.

Edit: And thanks for the new screenshots! =D

Chances are this one wont be out until spring/summer next year, plus bear in mind that Funcom have a habit of delaying. That being said, i can see this game pulling me away from TOR or whatever i end up playing if they get it right.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Hmm I was  under the impression that it may come out around the end of this year.  We will have to see.  Looks great and I love the AoC engine at work here.

With AoC we had a brand new engine.  With TSW we get an engine that has been in a live environment for years.  Hopefully that goes a long way.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Awesome details in that first Screenshot! Thanks for sharing :)

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Even if this game has essentially "standard MMO combat" gameplay?  I'll be really excited to play it because its so visually spectacular and the overall story/setting? Shit, its absolutely original.

Majorly looking forward to this game.... But I know its a ways off.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I fear the faces yet do not live up to the standard TSW set by the overal quality.
    Some pics show "dead" eyes and somewhat "dead" faces.
    They should try to get them "alive".

The best alive faces so far has "Second Life" if one invests some care into customizing the avatar.
    Btw it is the perfect Sandbox mmo, sadly its much to clumsy and unresponsive, lagging to have a smooth experience, not to speak of fast paced action.

PS: And if i remember right i have read the blonde ponytail girl is the avi of Thornquist himself.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• FigureFigure Member Posts: 128

None of these screenshots have any eyes.  Sort of curious where the 'dead eyes' reference is coming from, unless you're talking about some other screenshots.

Currently Watching: TSW. << Very Eager for a Beta invite. Have experience with Beta Testing.
    Not personally a big fan of raiding or current pve endgame mmo philosophy. Nothing wrong with it, I just sort of burnt out on it.
    Hardcore raider in wow from Launch to.. about 7 months ago.
    Currently Playing: Champions Online.

• Brunte81Brunte81 Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Blutmaul

I fear the faces yet do not live up to the standard TSW set by the overal quality.

Some pics show "dead" eyes and somewhat "dead" faces.

They should try to get them "alive".

The best alive faces so far has "Second Life" if one invests some care into customizing the avatar.

Btw it is the perfect Sandbox mmo, sadly its much to clumsy and unresponsive, lagging to have a smooth experience, not to speak of fast paced action.

PS: And if i remember right i have read the blonde ponytail girl is the avi of Thornquist himself.

Most of the time they don't focus much on the body/face/animations of the character until later in production. Now they just need to have something that moves to test things ingame.

I'm sure the characters body and face will change before the game is out.

• CoffeeOfDoomCoffeeOfDoom Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by Figure

None of these screenshots have any eyes.  Sort of curious where the 'dead eyes' reference is coming from, unless you're talking about some other screenshots.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/view/videos/play/1971/The-Secret-World-Story-amp-Missions.html

Pause it at 2:52

Hopefully the character models will get updated before release, they look a little... off.