Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deatils on interaction between Eve and DUst514

LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

From Massively.com Source It is worth the read.

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

That is a lot of awesome information; Dust 514 definitely one of the best things at E3 I've seen.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Holy cutting edge innovation batman! 0_0

I never expected they went to such great lengths combining both games. Amazing. This might just tempt hardcore EVE players to end up sitting behind PS3's in addition to their PC's.

CCP is aiming very high with this. Mad props.

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Some company is going to make a MINT if they can finally perfect the keyboard and mouse converter for the PS3. No way I am playing this one with a thumbstick. That and Sony is going to have to do a heck of a lot of damage control before anyone trusts their network again.

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

Now they just gotta make PI worth peoples time instead of just being a passive side income.

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

This in addition to the PC avatars they will be introducing in later expasion will make the game rise to the best MMOs currently out.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Originally posted by Lateris

If this were true I'd rather play Dust then that sleeping pill Eve Online.  Oh dang I don't have a playstation, nevermind.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Unfortunately I just stopped reading after seeing PS3 only.  I'm never supporting Sony again after this year's fiasco.  It could be the most amazing game ever, but I won't think twice about it.

Also it just adds further evidence to CCP's micro-transaction plans.

Steam: Neph

• IfcwhuffesIfcwhuffes Member UncommonPosts: 35

Wow this game sounds amazing. Me and my brother both play eve but im the only one with a ps3. I love the idea of me battlin on land and him fighting up above for "space control".  Would be kinda cool to have my brother let me know.. "hey.. we're losin the battle up here, take cover, they're about to Orbital Strike you." or vice-versa.

Major props to CCP if they can pull they off this smoothly.

... Plus no monthly sub for dust? Epic win.

Currently Playing: LoL,EVE, Rift

Future Games: WH40K:DM, Tera Planetside2

Past Games Ive tried:
    WoW, FE, AoC, WAR, LotRO, Tabula Rasa,GW, and Many F2P games.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Nerf09

If this were true I'd rather play Dust then that sleeping pill Eve Online.  Oh dang I don't have a playstation, nevermind.

Don't worry, the PS3 is now 250!!!

ALso: ITS FACKING WORKING!!!!

This is not a game.

• BonsRinbBonsRinb Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Zeroxin

Don't worry, the PS3 is now 250!!!

ALso: ITS FACKING WORKING!!!!

good point i just got one just for Dust514 (my first console too EVER)

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Unfortunately I just stopped reading after seeing PS3 only.  I'm never supporting Sony again after this year's fiasco.  It could be the most amazing game ever, but I won't think twice about it.

Actually, they are probably the safest place to put your money.  All of the companies are open to being hacked.  The company that just got hacked has spent a whole lot of money and resources upgrading their security to state of the art.  Those that haven't been hit YET.  Thats right, I stress the word YET.  Think that they weren't hacked so their security won't be as solid as what Sony has now.  

This basic philosophy applies to just about anything.  When a 'just as an example' a Virgin Air crashes, its the best time to fly Virgin air because you know that they have relooked, retooled and otherwise made damn sure it doesn't happen again.

I self identify as a monkey.

• BonsRinbBonsRinb Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Actually, they are probably the safest place to put your money.  All of the companies are open to being hacked.  The company that just got hacked has spent a whole lot of money and resources upgrading their security to state of the art.  Those that haven't been hit YET.  Thats right, I stress the word YET.  Think that they weren't hacked so their security won't be as solid as what Sony has now.  

This basic philosophy applies to just about anything.  When a 'just as an example' a Virgin Air crashes, its the best time to fly Virgin air because you know that they have relooked, retooled and otherwise made damn sure it doesn't happen again.

so true... 

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

And microsoft have had their servers hacked many times,  I don't know how people just forget this just because it was smaller scale.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Ditto. I do have an XBox, but I don't have a paid XBox Live account, and probably never will. It's kind of a shame that Microsoft is such a pain to work with.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.