Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW site down

www.worldofwarcraft.com is down for the moment...

Comments

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621
    Huh? WoW's server down? Shocker.

• everun1everun1 Member Posts: 37

All the servers are down, is this usual for WOW?

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Jodokai

Can you do something besides sit there like a broken dam record and ping about the wow servers? I don't even play wow and its just getting old. Why don't you come up with something original and accurate? You over dramatize one friggin point beyond belief.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ScratchScratch Member Posts: 14

Hey on a more positive note and to change the topic some...

I was watching that raid boss video on another thread here and I really like the Custom UI they got going.   Is that the cosmos UI?

• Shai'tanShai'tan Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by everun1

All the servers are down, is this usual for WOW?

I think this is the first time (so: no it's not usual)

• RadmuzRadmuz Member Posts: 85

This was a scheduled upgrade in hardware for several servers and maintaince for others. And I hope by now everyone knows their website is tied into the rest of the game servers.

I will agree that there have been some server problems, but the board trolls get a bit thick at times.

So Blizzard takes the servers down to do a hardware upgrade and the trolls still complain image

• Shai'tanShai'tan Member Posts: 78
    Still down.

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

are yall dumb or havent played in a few days?

everytime you started the game up the past few days it had a notice saying that the usual maintenance that happens on tuesday is goin to happen thursday at 4am PST.....most of the servers will be down for 16hrs but some will return in 4hrs

they're just doing big maitenance or some shit.

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Originally posted by Radmuz

This was a scheduled upgrade in hardware for several servers and maintaince for others. And I hope by now everyone knows their website is tied into the rest of the game servers.

Doesn't it seem odd for the website to be tied to the game servers? Seems like they would have at least had a message when you tried to link to the site.  Its almost like closing the doors to your store during regular business hours.

• epic_ilsepic_ils Member Posts: 8

Is all the servers down too still b/c i can't log in anyone else get in

Originally posted by epic_ils

Is all the servers down too still b/c i can't log in anyone else get in

What did the server alert message say when you started the game?

• DurkaDurka Member Posts: 6
    Actualy it's been 5 hours since the server shut downs and at least some of them were scheduled to be back up by now

it did not say anything

I've never seen them all come back up together. Seems like they make a group available at a time until they are all back up.

• rhymosrhymos Member Posts: 18
    i'm crossing my fingers that all the servers will not be down for 16 hours.Tryed to log on but the realm select screen is blank hope some of you are having better luck then me

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

I had the server screen for a minute or two ,showing some servers like Argent etc but then it blanked eventually.

Werent the ones that WERENT down for 26 hours supposed to be back up like nearly 2 hours ago? Not that fussed but would have been better to tell us all that downtime was 10 hours and then return some early :)

i am getting the same thing so u arn't alone hope it comes on soon it seems like every time i get a day off and want to play WoW this kind of stuff happens

• NasManNasMan Member Posts: 7

Wouldn't you know...the servers are down the day after I buy the game...MFL

• Phoenix22Phoenix22 Member Posts: 81

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa*sob**sob*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAimage

-Open your mind for a different view-

Win XP Home
    Athalon 64 3400+
    1024 DDR 400MHz RAM
    Duel 120 GiG HDs W/Raid 0
    GeForce 6800 GT 256MB

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    It will be down till 8pm they are doing it and supposedly fixing the stabalization and ya notice if alot of places are sold out of the game its because blizzard has put a hold on the shipment untill they fix the servers.Other words they are screwing up big time a great game and all but if they keep this downtime crap up i dont see this game goin anywhere ive seen over a dozen people leave for eq2 not for the funfactor just the simple fact WoW has been crashing like almost on a daily basis.And it more annoying than it is fun.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Originally posted by Fadeus
    Originally posted by Jodokai

Can you do something besides sit there like a broken dam record and ping about the wow servers? I don't even play wow and its just getting old. Why don't you come up with something original and accurate? You over dramatize one friggin point beyond belief.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

First of all, you can't over dramatize, just like you can't over exaggerate.
    Second of all, you've read two posts where I've complained about the servers, and one was on an EQ2 board, so why don't you stop dramatizing things (with the exception of disputing the people who tried to say WoW's launch went perfectly)
    Third, I'm not the one that started this thread.
    Fourth, I can't think of a single day, at least one server hasn't gone down, so yes it does happen a lot. Sometimes the Log In server goes down, which means it doesn't matter what server you play on you can't log in. Don't believe me, check the forums yourself
    Fifth, what I said was VERY accurate, see point four.
    Sixth, again it was 2 posts by your standards, you're halfway to browbeating me about this "Beyond Belief"
    Seventh, welcome of OPEN FORUM.