Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Started playing again

CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174

It has been about 3 years or so since the last time I logged in. I started new characters on the Atlantic shard. It is highly populated if you go to Haven or Luna, there are alot of people running around. I was a little bent out of shape that Britain Bank is still not the major hangout but, the new cities seem ok.

Hearing the song Stones was excellent. It really got me into the groove of UO again. Though the game has changed alot, it still has that magic about it. I first played it in 1998, and I still get the feeling from it.

I had been playing WoW, and RIFT, but the theme park mmo does nothing for me anymore. It was exciting for a few years to do raids and organized pvp, but it really doesn't mean anything if you are the best, or if you are the worst. It is also almost impossible to have an epic adventure that you create and guide.

I joined a guild and there are atleast 40 active members in this guild. Guild chat is filled with conversation during the day and early eveneing. Everyone comes across as very polite and mature. Sharing, giving advice, and inviting others to do things seems to be the norm.

I know alot of people have been upset by the game becoming much more itemized, but I beleive the magic is still here, and just as strong as ever.

The best part about UO was always the community, your close group of friends, the thrill of danger.... Not so dangerous with Tram, but join a faction, start a guild war, or step foot in Fel... you have danger.

I actually really enjoy the graphic upgrades, and in the settings I noticed I could turn it up to 60fps... It plays soooooo smooth.

For those of you out there that have been waiting on the next mmo, who always have UO in the back of your mind... come back and try it out. Remember what the game felt like back then, and bring it back. You can still be a ruthless pirate, murdering people and earning a reputation for your guild. You can still mine all day and blacksmith all night. You can even still be the crazy guy who RPs in town selling fruits and veggies.

Give it another try, join a guild, hang out with them, do things with them. Come to Atlantic, lets get this population soaring. It is currently the most highly populated and the more bodies the better.

Comments

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

After playing LOTRO, WOW, SWG, Guild Wars, Atlantica and after watching 20 gameplay videos of other MMORPGS (sorry I'm not willing to dl every trial to experience basically the same game over and over), I can say that UO is the only one that stands out from the rest.  It's the only true Sandbox out there where you're not restricted in what you do.  SWG came close.  But you're still required to do quest upon quest in order to advance your character.  Sadly, it seems to be what most people prefer these days.