Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taming-

AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

I saw that there will be taming, but will it be like UO style taming or will it be lame ass WoW style taming?

Just curious. There's a huge difference between the two and Id like to know if itll be worth the time raising that skill.

Comments

• deleriuzwundeleriuzwun Member UncommonPosts: 15

Hopefully its alot like uo's and nothing like darkfalls taming skill wich is a complete joke.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

Originally posted by deleriuzwun

Hopefully its alot like uo's and nothing like darkfalls taming skill wich is a complete joke.

Obviously, you don't know wtf you're talking about cuz there doesn't seem to have"taming" in darkfall. But There is Taming in MO which you probly meant to talk about. And still, MO Taming isn't a complete joke.

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376

Let's hope it is UO style taming since in WoW you basically tame a beast and receive generic lvl XX type beast with the graphical skin you choose and not the actual beast iteself. They'll have to balance it some way though lets just hope it isn't the WoW route. Honestly, guessing it will be close to WoW =/!

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Originally posted by bingo69

Originally posted by deleriuzwun

Obviously, you don't know wtf you're talking about cuz there doesn't seem to have"taming" in darkfall. But There is Taming in MO which you probly meant to talk about. And still, MO Taming isn't a complete joke.

Darkfall has  a taming skill,which is what he said. You need the skill and a whistle+steedgrass

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Would be nice if it was somewhat like the pets in Last Chaos a f2p game from Aeria games.You basically raised it from lvl 1 where it accompanies you in your journey and levels and gets skills as it does.Then at a certain point you can either use it as a mount or continue using it as a fighting companion.

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Ashlura

I saw that there will be taming

Source?

I didn't read anything about this. For as far as I know mounts are gained through quests.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Asheram

Would be nice if it was somewhat like the pets in Last Chaos a f2p game from Aeria games.You basically raised it from lvl 1 where it accompanies you in your journey and levels and gets skills as it does.Then at a certain point you can either use it as a mount or continue using it as a fighting companion.

Sounds exactly like the mount system in AA tbh, though ofc in this game so far it is to be used for both a mount and fighting

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Ye the description i read from a beta poster about the horse was exactly what was Uo horse with bond stuff that had in Uo later (no perma death), this mean you  can level it, the horse can fight, die and have to res at stable. The only difference is that you can actually unsommon/summon it. Now is there more pets i have no clue.

• BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120

Originally posted by Juulpower

Originally posted by Ashlura

I saw that there will be taming

Source?

I didn't read anything about this. For as far as I know mounts are gained through quests.

http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameIntros/11

Wild: Wild represents Tahyan, the warrior of the meadow who tried to defend the alliance with honesty. You can chase and kill your targets through range attacks. You can also tame wild beasts.

Straight from the official AA site.

To the OP: I asked the Admin from AASource and Steparu to look for taming in CBT3, and the Admin from ASource tried but could not find it because it's all in Korean - he will be looking more thoroughly next time. Also - there is no verification yet that taming will be like UO (where you could tame combat pets AND mounts). Although I certainly hope you can tame mounts. I loved taming Nightmares in Ultima Online.