Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Clan Wars?

mpozmpoz Member UncommonPosts: 22

I played WOT through Beta for a few months and really enjoyed it, although the grind started getting to me so I gave it a break. 

I had a look recently and noticed they impletemented Clan Wars.  The whole territorial capture thing appeals to me so I'm slowly getting back into it, but I had a couple of questions.

How exclusive are the better clans?  I noticed there are 100 player limits to the clans so is that all that clans accept, or is that just for the territorial chips?

Are the battles scheduled at a certain time, or does the defending clan have ~1 hour to respond to the attack?

And finally, are the battles restricted to top tier tanks only?  I currently have a tier 3 tank, and I remember the long grind to get to tier 7/8 tanks.  I wouldn't really want to go through that again.

Comments

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

They are restricted to top tier. However, you are free to try T7 or lower tiers (or even T8 medium), it wont be fun though, trying to scratch T10 heavies while being bombarded by top SPGs. So it will take a while to get to T8 non medium tank without free gold, just to enjoy clan wars...
    ...Which arent very fun anyway. The only thing that seems appealing is that you have a coordinated team (or not, depends on clan, lol). Other than that its the same old "random map 15v15 battle" with even more SPGs and heavies (or T-54 roflcopters).

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• iBlasphemeiBlaspheme Member UncommonPosts: 9

Here is a quick primer on Clan Wars: http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Clan_Wars

Here is a video that explains it also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ_Yca2XLBE

Vesper is right though, you usually need a good complement of T9-T10 tanks or T7+ arty.

The metagame aspects of Clan Wars is very intriguing, with its diplomacy and strategic moves. 

But the individual battles are just like a Tank Company battle, just without the 90 point limit.  The most coordinated team usually wins.  My clan has been out-tiered and won lots of times.

• mpozmpoz Member UncommonPosts: 22

Thanks for the responses guys.

I think I will definately get bored before I reach tier 9-10 tanks, so I'll probably just take it easy and pop in from time to time.