Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THQ, the developers behind WARHAMMER 40k, are Big Time WoW Fans

13»

Comments

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

WoW invented dragons,you saw it here first...

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by demolishIX

WoW invented......???

I'm not sure if this is historically accurate, from my book, WoW invented nothing??? :S I thought they used everything that was on the market and made it better, but never invent??

lol :P

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• VoxTrooperVoxTrooper Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by demolishIX

WoW invented......???

I'm not sure if this is historically accurate, from my book, WoW invented nothing??? :S I thought they used everything that was on the market and made it better, but never invent??

lol :P

Thats the game; the IP was jsut Metzen taking ideasfrom other things. The least inventive bit is the story to it; that bit that generates metzens ego.

It is best for the industry the MMO throne remains an dusty empty seat never to be filled.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

i think the OP has no idea on whats happening on the real life, not even a little.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I actually bought Darksider due to interest in this thread and WAR40K

the art style is AMAZING! I loved it, the combat was already, a bit too god of war-esque but at least there weren't any of those real time events to press the buttons......

Story wasn't too amazing, but it was interesting enough.

And anyone else realise the connotations between Darksider and Zelda? the hood, the horse, sword, chest,etc

I say they are Big time Zelda fans more :P

but I honestly don't see any connections with WoW. And frankly, if they can put the darksider's art style into WAR40K it will be amazing. And tehy did mention action combat on their offical website, so it wouldn't be just WoW 2.0

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• SpallieroSpalliero Member Posts: 147
    This thread has more speculation than I've seen in a long time. None of us outside the dev team really know how the game is being designed.

Sic Luceat Lux

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Very Simple:

1) World of Warcraft - Biggest MMO RPG ever to have existed... Brought the MMORPG game to mainstream

2) Warhammer 40k is VERY similar style... Animated orcs/humans and more... Why wouldn't it look similar?

3) Why does it matter if they are fans of WoW?  Might as well claim anyone who is a fan of popular sports team is "bad"

WoW took everything that had existed before it and polished it up to a pretty well rounded game.  Might not be the game you like but numbers prove it's popular.

I personally don't enjoy playing it anymore, but I don't enjoy playing any MMO's anymore.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

we allready have "space wow", do we really need "space wow but a bit grittier"

its WH40K ffs, it should be about WAR!  not about doing fed ex quests and dungeons to get a new set of pants.