Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Link to gamespot interview and E3 trailer

Trailer was nice and the character models are not as bad as people make them out to be. Enjoy all

A new interview with DE has been put up I have posted the link here as well

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316986...ounts-and-more

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6316714/?hd=1

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/star-wars-the-old-republic/video/6316272/star-wars-the-old-republic--raids-and-story-interview?hd=1&tag=stitialclk;gamespace

Credit for these goes to Caanon over on the official forums

Comments

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

This was amazing... 

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

" Players of opposing factions can almost always fight each other out in the open world, so long as they toggle their PVP flag. This flag will automatically be toggled "on" in designated PVP areas on a PVE server and in most areas on a PVP server. Players of opposing factions can also always queue up and find each other inside of matched team-versus-team war zones."

That was just one of the highlights to come from this interview...

• my favorite part of interview was the stuff about crafting on page 2.  my favorite part of the video was the companions part.  oh and loved some of the animations like the jedi's round house kick and the inquistors jump flip into a slam on the ground

• AutorockAutorock Member UncommonPosts: 48

I'm trying not to get too excited as there's been a lot of disappointment lately, but bioware's presentation with these trailers so far has been pretty epic. 

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

I liked this part of the interview

What you'd know as raids in other MMOs, we're calling "operations" in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Operations will be epic, multi-group events with settings and immersive gameplay inspired by scenes in the Star Wars movies. For examples, players will have to navigate the environment as a powerful Force wielder brings down the room around them; they'll have to work together to solve a code and fend off enemies while they're cornered, and so on. Additionally, players will be able to enjoy operations as soon as they hit level 50. There will be varying difficulty modes, much like what is found in other BioWare games.

One thing I hate about current and pasted MMOs, is that once you hit lvl cap you are stuck grinding the same dungeons over and over before you are raid ready. What I took from that paragraph is that, that won't be the case in ToR, but than again I could be wrong.

• sounds like the person who did the voice for Mission Vao in KOTOR does the voice of Vette

edit: at 1:38 looks like a jawa companion.  im guessing its for the BH.  awhile back damion schubert mentioned that the BH gets the cutest companion and im guessing thats it.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by gaou

sounds like the person who did the voice for Mission Vao in KOTOR does the voice of Vette

edit: at 1:38 looks like a jawa companion.  im guessing its for the BH.  awhile back damion schubert mentioned that the BH gets the cutest companion and im guessing thats it.

Im considering a couple of different options for what class I'll play.

If this is true, my choice will be far simplier

Jawas <3

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Not bad for a WOW Clone with cartoon graphics ;)

That was amazing. I think I'll join the antsy fans who want this released now. Looks ready to ship to me. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• DanubusDanubus Member Posts: 169

Such an epic video! I can't wait for this game to come out!

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Not as epic as Skyrim's trailer but good nevertheless. 

I noticed 14 players in the raid part of the video, so it looks like there will be raids bigger than 8 players or shall I say operations bigger than 8 players.

• i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314

Yes. That is about all I can say about this. Release date please?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

*Yawn* moar of the same old crap.  Handholding though quest hub after quest hub, drastic shift gameplay philosophy once you reach level cap, Same ole tiring instanced PvP and Dungeon crawls and last but not least an overly stupid reliance of 'raiding' as the only means of advancement post level cap. *yawn*

WoWRiftEQ in space is all I get out of this game.  No thanks I'll pass and wait on a developer to have the balls to give players freedom. TSW Im counting on you to save the genre!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

*Yawn* moar of the same old crap.  Handholding though quest hub after quest hub, drastic shift gameplay philosophy once you reach level cap, Same ole tiring instanced PvP and Dungeon crawls and last but not least an overly stupid reliance of 'raiding' as the only means of advancement post level cap. *yawn*

WoWRiftEQ in space is all I get out of this game.  No thanks I'll pass and wait on a developer to have the balls to give players freedom. TSW Im counting on you to save the genre!

I have a better idea for you, why don't you try making an MMO and see if you can do better, instead of complaining. That's all I see now days are players whinning and complaining about MMOs, but I don't see any of them stepping up to the plate to try and do better. The devs that do try and do something different gets crapped all over, because players don't know what the hell they want.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Gormok

I have a better idea for you, why don't you try making an MMO and see if you can do better, instead of complaining. That's all I see now days are players whinning and complaining about MMOs, but I don't see any of them stepping up to the plate to try and do better. The devs that do try and do something different gets crapped all over, because players don't know what the hell they want.

Very well said.  Two points for Gormok.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Gormok

Yea let me get right on that with my millions of dollars in disposable income.  LOL!

Trust me though, my MMO would freaking rock if I had the money to hire a batch of grade A designers to see my vision though to completion.  An MMO designed and built with a heavy sandbox theme based on Asherons Call, but with a few twists such as no leveling but an XP based skill system with progressively harder and harder to reach threasholds, basically a form of Alternate Advancement but starting from character creation and a goal that is reachable and anything higher then that is basically softcap due to time constraints.  Imagine if you will after a certain threshold it costs a billion or more XP to raise 1 point of Strength you've basically reached a softcap at some point but the difference between that softcap and anything above is realistically so minute one need not worry about any ramifications between a few DPS or HPS or whatever combat stat.  Add in to this a Story Driven monthly content update akin to Asherons Call with some of the finer Crafting methods of old SWG and absolutely no relaince on having to gather 10 or 20 other players to tackle content, unless you wanted to.  This to me is the beauty of a Sandbox world and IMO shatter any other themepark game such as WoW or ToR.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• xxantiheroxxxxantiheroxx Member UncommonPosts: 68

So in other words, you want a game that takes up every single tiny bit of free time you can ever have so that you would have absolutely no life outside of the game. You're right, content would have to be made so that it didn't take 20 people to tackle it, because you wouldn't even have that many people playing it. Not saying that everything should be easymode, but huge grind doesn't equal difficult. It just equals time sink.
  • MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Trust me though, my MMO would freaking rock if I had the money to hire a batch of grade A designers to see my vision though to completion.  An MMO designed and built with a heavy sandbox theme based on Asherons Call, (snips)  Add in to this a Story Driven monthly content update akin to Asherons Call with some of the finer Crafting methods of old SWG (snips).  This to me is the beauty of a Sandbox world and IMO shatter any other themepark game such as WoW or ToR.

? It seems to me you made a wrong turn, you went right when you should have taken the left hallway.

SWTOR is a themepark MMORPG, if you dislike themepark MMO's and only like sandbox MMO's, then SWTOR is clearly not a game for you that you can enjoy.

Like said,  go to the left hallway for sandbox MMO's, tags on the doors should show 'ArcheAge', 'EVE Online', 'Xsyon' or whatever the one is for your choice. Hf image

I have to disappoint you, it seems that TSW is either on the right hallway or a third one that went straight ahead. Not the left hallway. The TSW guys said that TSW would be different, but more of a themepark MMO (admittedly, with different kind of rules to it) than a sandbox MMO.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yea let me get right on that with my millions of dollars in disposable income.  LOL!

Trust me though, my MMO would freaking rock if I had the money to hire a batch of grade A designers to see my vision though to completion.  An MMO designed and built with a heavy sandbox theme based on Asherons Call, but with a few twists such as no leveling but an XP based skill system with progressively harder and harder to reach threasholds, basically a form of Alternate Advancement but starting from character creation and a goal that is reachable and anything higher then that is basically softcap due to time constraints.  Imagine if you will after a certain threshold it costs a billion or more XP to raise 1 point of Strength you've basically reached a softcap at some point but the difference between that softcap and anything above is realistically so minute one need not worry about any ramifications between a few DPS or HPS or whatever combat stat.  Add in to this a Story Driven monthly content update akin to Asherons Call with some of the finer Crafting methods of old SWG and absolutely no relaince on having to gather 10 or 20 other players to tackle content, unless you wanted to.  This to me is the beauty of a Sandbox world and IMO shatter any other themepark game such as WoW or ToR.

SO, instead of making something new, you again copy old models that we've all played before. As you so eloquently said it earlier *yawn*.

I love this tbh we have so many complaining about the MMO model that started in '04, which has been "copied to much". Yet all they can offer up as an alternative, is an even older model that got left to the wayside by the industry. Even those who made games like that before, have no interest in doing so again.

As themparks and FPS's have taught us, adding a new coat of paint and a few extras; doesn't change the fundamental elements of something we've all played over and over. On the other hand giving it a new focus such as story can change things up enough to at least have fun for as long as that story lasts.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• gamespot added a video interview with daniel erickson: http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6316272/

nothing really new but personally i enjoy interviews with him

every time you hit spacebar, you make daniel erickson cry. ;)

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

Seem good , but then again AoC , WAR , Aion , Rift all looked great . Im not trying to bash the game jusy saying ive been hyped before and it was a deception everytime .

Ill be the bigges fanboy if the game hold me for more than 1 month .

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

TBH The trailer is really well made, thanks OP.

However seeing the spiky Sith and the Blood Elve stills kills me.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Simply in the name of not splitting discussion of the same new material in several places, I'm going to lock this since this thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/317554/0603-Friday-update-New-Advanced-Class-page-Lost-Suns-comic-interview-and-E3-Preview.html has the same info and videos and more, and is being frequently updated. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.