Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC servers jammed PACKED this past week!

13»

Comments

  • KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

    Public Enemies PvP server had it's 8th successful community world event this past week.

    Check out some of the screenshots at one of the street battles.

    Around 100+ players showed up for the event in Chinatown.

     

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2005380.jpg

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2009260.jpg

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2057570.jpg

     

    Me getting some love from 20+ heroes in front of Chinatown PD

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2058170.jpg

     

    Video and screenshots of the event brought to you by HAUNT League.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdSoZVzW0Eo

     

    I have some other screenshots and vids of daily world meetings @ Superman statue on PE.

    We had a nice little impromtu brawl of about 40+ people from PE League and Righteous on Wednesday.

     

    I've also been noticing a lot of new 30s joining the various leagues on the server which is good to see.

    I'll toss out some more once mergers hit in ~2 weeks.

     

    Not going to argue the validity of this Post...Just going to pass on my personal experience...I logged in a couple weekends ago and V and V was well beyond dead...It was a complete Ghost Town...I mean ZERO players in a Gotham Cop Station at or around Noon on a weekend...After playing LOTRO and Rift daily it was actually quite sobering...Have not logged back on since...It's too depressing...image

  • TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

    Originally posted by KyngBills

    Not going to argue the validity of this Post...Just going to pass on my personal experience...I logged in a couple weekends ago and V and V was well beyond dead...It was a complete Ghost Town...I mean ZERO players in a Gotham Cop Station at or around Noon on a weekend...After playing LOTRO and Rift daily it was actually quite sobering...Have not logged back on since...It's too depressing...image

    I've never played on V&V before but there are some servers out there that are dead. No question about that.

    Even the populated ones will only be "busy" during certain hours.

    However that being said the populated servers were DEAD the first week of April.

     

    They have picked up some since then during the usual playing hours, especially on the weekends.

    The events also have helped but the mergers are going to be the only thing that can help it recover.

    Sony needs to also step up to the plate and fix the exploiting, one major one in particular which they "fixed" previously.

  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

    Theninjaboy,

    You have twisted facts and statements beyond repair.  I never said I couldn't count the names.  I said there are no screen shots with more than a couple dozen people in them.  Same for the video.  None of those images present a game that is jam packed.  It looks like a typical raid in any other mmo with the distinction that you are displaying almost the entire servers worth of activity in DCU.

     

    Lets just say there are 100 people in total spread out over the event.  Fine.  Do you think that qualifies you to make statements that, and I quote your own words here, "PC Servers jammed PACKED this past week!". 

     

    I was in the game last night and the city was so empty it makes Vanguard look booming in comparison.  Of course you will claim there were all these people in places that can't be seen, just like you claimed the games technology limits how many people can be seen in screen shots and other displays. 

    How many people do you think would label a game that at best gets 100 people as being jam packed?  Does 1-2 hours out of 168 hours in a week really constitute jam packed servers?   The screen shots and video you offered honestly look like the area around a bank or guild hall in most games and they look like that 24 hours a day, not 1 hour on saturday night.

     

    In the end your entire argument has unwraveled into debating if there was +/- 50 people at one location for a hour or two on 1 night as if that will somehow convince people that DCU servers are thriving and bulging with player activity. 

    I'm sorry, but anyone can log in right now and see how completely deserted the servers are.  Even "the more popular" servers are empty. 

     

     

    My offer to you still stands.  Lets log on tonight at 8 and you show me where all these players are hiding and why I can't find them.  Hero or villain side and tell me your character name.    You made a challenge and I am accepting.

  • D_KitlorD_Kitlor Member Posts: 16
    When a game is actually doing well, people dont neet to post threads like this trying to convince themselves and others that "everything is alright". All you have to do is take a look a the number of threads talking about how empty the game is to see that more people seem to think the game isnt doing well than otherwise.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,604

    I was on "Last Laugh", playing on my 45 days.  Population, as dictated by SOE itself, was always "low".  And I played for quite a while.

    There was ONE instance where I saw an actual group; some 4-5 folks hanging out at The Watchtower.  The rest of the time, if I saw anyone, was just 1 or 2 people at a time.

    Sure, many were holed up in instances, still others in the Event.  But as SOE judged Last Laugh, and yes every other NA server as "low" every time I created a character(I think I'm up to 5, now) or logged in, I think it's safe to say the PC servers aren't "packed".

  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 11,344

    Originally posted by Robsolf

    I was on "Last Laugh", playing on my 45 days.  Population, as dictated by SOE itself, was always "low".  And I played for quite a while.

    There was ONE instance where I saw an actual group; some 4-5 folks hanging out at The Watchtower.  The rest of the time, if I saw anyone, was just 1 or 2 people at a time.

    Sure, many were holed up in instances, still others in the Event.  But as SOE judged Last Laugh, and yes every other NA server as "low" every time I created a character(I think I'm up to 5, now) or logged in, I think it's safe to say the PC servers aren't "packed".

    They aren't.  PE and D&G, the most heavily populated I'd say of all the servers in the US are pretty dead save for the off hand grouping for duels or what have you.  Everyone else is either trying to level, and you'll see one or two of them if you go by the major leveling hubs, or they're trying to form groups for raids or hard alerts.  Even at peak times, if you aren't aware a group is forming, DCUO can be a very lonely place.



  • GravezGravez Member Posts: 249

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

    Originally posted by Daffid011  You made a challenge and I am accepting.

    You're getting off topic to the original subject matter of the fact that the server was booming on 5/28 @ 8pm EST - 10pm EST. during the event.

    During the events the server still is "low pop" but it is populated, PACKED in the event areas, and would be considered acceptable by most.

    Obviously this isn't the case @ 4am on a Tuesday night. There are population issues on many servers but that's not the topic of discussion here.

     

    Stay on topic.

    You thread title is "PC servers jammed PACKED this past week!" which would make people assume that the servers were packed during the week. So is your thread title purposely misleading or are the servers JAMMED PACKED during the week?

  • HomergdogHomergdog Member UncommonPosts: 95

    LOL, the thread title is a magnet for trolls. The event probably drawed in a hundred or so peeps over the course of the day, maybe more. The game itself, everyone knows its dying. I paid 60 bucks for it, enjoyed my 30 days of playtime, and left with a lvl 30 character. Was a fun short MMO, that can't sustain a population due to the P2P model. Its obvious that this game will die out from lack of content. Everyone knows this, move on, nothing to see here...

  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

    Debating the actual topic is fine, but let's step away from the baiting and responding to baiting if the thread is going to remain open. Thanks guys.

    To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

    Just as another poster stated- if the game's population wasn't an issue, then posts like these would have to be created, right?

    image
    image

  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

    @Ninjaboy

    Well here are some videos of prime time EST public enemy servers.   Bonus points if you can actually spot live players in the open world. 

    Metropolis 

    Watchtower

    If I have time I will upload the Gotham video tonight, but it is more of the same empty world. 

     

     

    I completely understand why you have not managed to meet up with me and show me where all the players are.  It was really hard to believe that I was in a major DC comic mmo that had just released a few months ago.  It really is unbelievable how empty the servers are.

  • MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

    Originally posted by Daffid011

    @Ninjaboy

    Well here are some videos of prime time EST public enemy servers.   Bonus points if you can actually spot live players in the open world. 

    Metropolis 

    Watchtower

    If I have time I will upload the Gotham video tonight, but it is more of the same empty world. 

    The environments actually look pretty cool. A real shame if it has a low player population.

     

    MMO developers should really find smarter ways to provide more content or variety in content, a great looking world and interesting and engaging combat mechanics isn't enough. Content to enjoy, no matter if it's player provided or dev provided, is what keeps players around and a world feeling alive because of other players around.

     

    edit: wow, some of you really go overboard to smash the OP's enthusiasm to pieces. image The OP exaggerated, there was a fun event that he enjoyed and after the event the places are emptier again, we get it, you've proven your points. Get over it, it's almost as sad as the OP stating the servers are packed after 1 fun event, continuing to bash upon him or his apparent audacity to have fun in DCUO and have posted about it on these forums.

    The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

    The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

    Yeah, the game world does look really slick.   I really enjoyed running around, climbing and leaping on buildings. 

    For whatever reason, some areas of the city have non-player cars and characters walking around which adds a lot of life to the feeling of the city. 

    However about half of the city is devoid of anything.  No cars, no npcs to fight or even for atmosphere.  That only servered to really emphasize how dead the game has become.   It made me feel like I was in the first few moments of the movie 28 days later where there is litterally almost no one left alive on the planet.

  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 11,344

    <mod edit>

    I'm going to have to agree with Daffid011 in this one.  The population on PE is dead, simply put.  Trying to show a small 1 hour window where you may get 100 people in a single area will not change that, hell 500 people in one area won't change that...  If anything it shows that, even when theres a planned event you still have a lackluster population show up.

     

    I still enjoy DCUO... and I'm sorry SOE is just a terrible company when it comes to fixing and updating their game.  That will not change,  and the servers aren't suddenly "jam packed" because of one single event per week.



  • MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

    Originally posted by Daffid011

    Yeah, the game world does look really slick.   I really enjoyed running around, climbing and leaping on buildings. 

    For whatever reason, some areas of the city have non-player cars and characters walking around which adds a lot of life to the feeling of the city. 

    However about half of the city is devoid of anything.  No cars, no npcs to fight or even for atmosphere.  That only servered to really emphasize how dead the game has become.   It made me feel like I was in the first few moments of the movie 28 days later where there is litterally almost no one left alive on the planet.

    ? there aren't NPC's and cars in half of the city? Even CO managed to have that ( which contrary to apparently a lot of other MMO gamers, I found to be a nice little superhero MMO).

    Meh, it sounds to me like they ran out of time to provide more content and world design and just launched with whatever they had, maybe with the idea to build over the months with that as a base.

     

    I'm curious, DCUO seems to have fared even less than FFXIV or STO or maybe even CO: what went wrong, I heard good stories about the combat and the world from what I see of it look actually appealing, also the character models look pretty good (catwoman looks like catwoman should look). What was it that caused such a fast decline that was even faster than other struggling MMO's, was it the lack of content, there was simply too little to do in the world after the first month?

    The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

    The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

    Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

     

    I'm curious, DCUO seems to have fared even less than FFXIV or STO or maybe even CO: what went wrong, I heard good stories about the combat and the world from what I see of it look actually appealing, also the character models look pretty good (catwoman looks like catwoman should look). What was it that caused such a fast decline that was even faster than other struggling MMO's, was it the lack of content, there was simply too little to do in the world after the first month?

    This is just my opinion, but I think they didn't have enough content in the world for max level characters.  They focused too much on instanced content causing the world to seem dead once most people reached max level.  This probably discouraged a lot of newer players. 

    Another major reason for the fast decline is the way SOE has handled the game.  They took too long to fix major issues with people glitching/cheating/hacking (whatever you want to call it), and just about any other bug/problem.  They also did not communicate with their playerbase. 

    This game has potential, but anything they do now is too late IMO.  They should have bit the bullet and merged servers ASAP while working on the Mega Servers.  Better to merge servers and hear about how the game is dying, than to not do shit and have the game actually die.  They should have also spent all that time creating shitty ass holiday events to make better world content instead. 

This discussion has been closed.