Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC servers jammed PACKED this past week!

Public Enemies PvP server had it's 8th successful community world event this past week.

Check out some of the screenshots at one of the street battles.

Around 100+ players showed up for the event in Chinatown.

 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2005380.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2009260.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2057570.jpg

 

Me getting some love from 20+ heroes in front of Chinatown PD

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2058170.jpg

 

Video and screenshots of the event brought to you by HAUNT League.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdSoZVzW0Eo

 

I have some other screenshots and vids of daily world meetings @ Superman statue on PE.

We had a nice little impromtu brawl of about 40+ people from PE League and Righteous on Wednesday.

 

I've also been noticing a lot of new 30s joining the various leagues on the server which is good to see.

I'll toss out some more once mergers hit in ~2 weeks.

«13

Comments

  • SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

    i just got on D&G its pretty dead.

     

    this game needs a APB style open world missions so bad.

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

    Since it's an event, that's probably the WHOLE server. lol

    image
    image

  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

    Looks like about 15-20 people tops.  Hardly what I would consider jam packed servers, especially considering that is an organized event.

     

    Saw some rainbow pot of gold content in the video background.  St Patricks day was almost 3 months ago...

  • TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

    Around 100+ players showed up for the event in Chinatown.

    I wish you would have included screenshots or video of this. Can I ask why you didn't?

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156


    Originally posted by Daffid011

    Saw some rainbow pot of gold content in the video background.  St Patricks day was almost 3 months ago...

    HA! nice eye.

    image
    image

  • TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

    Originally posted by Daffid011

    Looks like about 15-20 people tops.  Hardly what I would consider jam packed servers, especially considering that is an organized event.

     

    Saw some rainbow pot of gold content in the video background.  St Patricks day was almost 3 months ago...

    There were 20 people just from our league alone LOL

     


    Originally posted by TUX426

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy



    Around 100+ players showed up for the event in Chinatown.

    I wish you would have included screenshots or video of this. Can I ask why you didn't?

     

    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but in case you're not, re-read the post.

  • TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

    ?Originally posted by TheNinjaboy


    Originally posted by TUX426


    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy



    Around 100+ players showed up for the event in Chinatown.

    I wish you would have included screenshots or video of this. Can I ask why you didn't?

     

    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but in case you're not, re-read the post.

    Quite serious. I wish you'd have posted a shot (or video) of the 100+ people. What am I missing in your post that would make my question irrelevant? I assumed you were at the event right? I'm confused...?!

  • MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

    Based on the video I'd say it's 30-50 max, 100+ seems to be creative counting or math with imaginary numbers.

    Unless it's 100+ total in the zone, or 100+ people that showed up over the course of time of the event, but that there were never more than 40-50 ppl simultaneously around?

     

    Not trying to put your count down or so, I've no positive or negative feelings towards DCUO, I'm completely neutral. Just saying what I saw in the pics and video. In any case, events are always great to have on a server so if a lot of people showed up and you all had fun, all the better to you image

     

    On a sidenote, I'm curious what a population count on a healthy DCUO server on peak times would say. Anybody done that recently perhaps?

    The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

    The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

    Anyone that bought the game previously had a 45 free days added from SOE, of course people are going to take advantage of the free time to come see if/what has changed since.

    Whether they stay or not is an entirely different story.

    The SWG forums and a few select servers have been extremely active lately due to vets returning on the free time, many openly admit they are just around till time is up, and then its back to whatever other games they play.

    Right now isn't the greatest time to try and judge server populations for certain SOE games, you are guaranteed to be innacurate.

  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

    Originally posted by Daffid011

    Looks like about 15-20 people tops.  Hardly what I would consider jam packed servers, especially considering that is an organized event.

     

    Saw some rainbow pot of gold content in the video background.  St Patricks day was almost 3 months ago...

    There were 20 people just from our league alone LOL

    I can't find more than 12 people in any of your screenshots and you can tell by the minimap that you are standing right in the thick of the population you are claiming that has the server jam packed. 

    It is nothing more than a handful of people on a small piece of ingame real estate. 

     

    You want to squabble about 10 more people there, fine I'll accept that even though you can't see it.  I'll just say this. 

    What you are trying to show as enough people to make an entire server jam packed wouldn't be enough people to field a full sized raid in most mmos.

     

  • GravezGravez Member Posts: 249

    Originally posted by Daffid011

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy


    Originally posted by Daffid011

    Looks like about 15-20 people tops.  Hardly what I would consider jam packed servers, especially considering that is an organized event.

     

    Saw some rainbow pot of gold content in the video background.  St Patricks day was almost 3 months ago...

    There were 20 people just from our league alone LOL

    I can't find more than 12 people in any of your screenshots and you can tell by the minimap that you are standing right in the thick of the population you are claiming that has the server jam packed. 

    It is nothing more than a handful of people on a small piece of ingame real estate. 

     

    You want to squabble about 10 more people there, fine I'll accept that even though you can't see it.  I'll just say this. 

    What you are trying to show as enough people to make an entire server jam packed wouldn't be enough people to field a full sized raid in most mmos.

     

    Maybe his superpower is to create imaginary people.

  • TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

    Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

    Based on the video I'd say it's 30-50 max, 100+ seems to be creative counting or math with imaginary numbers.

    There were three fights going on at the same time.

    You primarily watched the fight @ the hero PD.

    Fight 1. 60-70 people. Hard to get an exact number but our numbers aren't too far off.

     

    Fight 2 was between both the Chinatown nightclub and the Metro PD (20ish)

     

    Fight 3 was at Chinatown nightclub (only about 20 people there total)

     

    People were constantly flanking and pushing both points.

    Either way it was really populated and happens often on PE.

     

    Keep in mind this is just one small area of Metro as well.

  • odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

    also keep in mind that 90% of those people are the ones that probly have the 45 days of free play and wont be there when their time is up

    image

  • odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

    thumbs up for useing mudvayne in the video tho!  with the pics and video i see nowhere the amount of people your talking about ..see about 20 tops

    image

  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

    Watch the video then remove your foot.  :)

    Rather obvious to see that you couldn't be more wrong and are just trolling.

    Ok.  Take any screen shot you want.  Circle the players in the picture.  Let me know if you get past 15.

    I just don't see what you are claiming is there and by the looks of it, no one else does either.

  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,696

    No matter how you slice it, this game is on the downward spiral. Other than graphics, DCU could never hold up to its older brother CoH.

  • TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

    Originally posted by Daffid011

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy



    {mod edit}

    Ok.  Take any screen shot you want.  Circle the players in the picture.  Let me know if you get past 15.

    I just don't see what you are claiming is there and by the looks of it, no one else does either.

    You're already proven wrong. Watch the video. It's very easy to see.

    I can't imagine someone even trying to argue this... lol

  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

    You're already proven wrong. Watch the video. It's very easy to see.

    I can't imagine someone even trying to argue this... lol

    You say the servers, plural, were JAM PACKED! over the weekend and reference 100+ players, but no one seems to see what you are trying to show.   I watched the video and looked at the screen shots you presented and honestly I doubt at any point I saw more than a couple dozen people in the area at any one time.

    I look at the minimap on the UI in the video and see a very small cluster of people in one tiny area and zero activity beyond that.  This is an organized player event, so I doubt it represents the condition of all the servers, all weekend and action like that can be found all over the server.

    Sorry friend, but just do not think you are acurately representing anything.  There really doesn't look like anymore action from a typical battelground or raid in other mmos.  I'm not sure I would try to sell that as evidence that servers (again plural) were jam packed with this type of action all weekend.

     

  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,590

    The European PC Servers are completely dead since a long time. Especially since the 2 weeks downtime no one really bothered coming back.

  • ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

    anyone know when the mega server is coming?

    image

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

    You know how old City of Heroes is right? For being a 7 year old game, the last event last October during Halloween had tons of people in Cap Au Diablo (villain) and Atlas Park (hero). But the Rikti raid less than 2 years ago was huge that it lagged so bad with that many people in one spot (I figured 70+ from each faction). Also there's a way to search how many are logged on per side, last time I did this on Freedom server there were 1100+ heroes and 800+ villains, that's still good for an old game.


    Just saying, that event you attended was probably the whole server. People has been complaining about how dead the game is even with the 45 day free time.

    image
    image

  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

    Originally posted by Shari

    anyone know when the mega server is coming?

    Sometime that is way too late. The day servers went back up would have been a good date.

  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

    Originally posted by sookster54

    You know how old City of Heroes is right? For being a 7 year old game, the last event last October during Halloween had tons of people in Cap Au Diablo (villain) and Atlas Park (hero). But the Rikti raid less than 2 years ago was huge that it lagged so bad with that many people in one spot (I figured 70+ from each faction). Also there's a way to search how many are logged on per side, last time I did this on Freedom server there were 1100+ heroes and 800+ villains, that's still good for an old game.



    Just saying, that event you attended was probably the whole server. People has been complaining about how dead the game is even with the 45 day free time.

    That was during one of my resubbing while bored of everything else periods, surprisingly i still do that even now 6 years or so down the line with CoH which i dont even come close to in any other game.

     

    Even the Hallow'een spawns on the hill beside the Tram in Talos from that event would have 50+ there and i say that number erring on the low side. DCU has everyone playing for free right now due to all the sony problems and the few that gather together under those circumstances is really quite low when you compare it to a game that came out in 2004. Gotta love CoX.

  • kefkahkefkah Member Posts: 832

    Was bored this morning, downloaded the youtube video with YoutubeDownloader. Ran the video frame by frame with AVS Video editor. At the highest point, the area population is about 30 (the npcs sometimes make it hard to tell after a certain distance as does all the screen spam so it could be + or - 5).

    If 100 people were at this event, I would have to say that they came in and out of battle at various moments over a period of time with the population never rising above the 30 mark. The dialogue boxes and minimap occasionally give clues as well that. People logged, joined teams because their teams logged or quit, and there was even a question as to where some people were - the theory being that they were back at the base.

    If the average total present held at around mid-twenties and you claim 100 people were there at that moment, then there had to be around 4 to 5 battles going on - each being about what 3 to 4 blocks from each other?  This would mean that your opinion was based on assumption or word of mouth as your video seems to be concentrated on that one area meaning you either stayed put or if you did roam, that video didn't make the cut.

    If you had fun at this event, which it seems like you did - good for you. You are getting what you paid for. Just don't sell it for something it isn't.

  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

    Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

    Public Enemies PvP server had it's 8th successful community world event this past week.

    Check out some of the screenshots at one of the street battles.

    Around 100+ players showed up for the event in Chinatown.

     

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2005380.jpg

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2009260.jpg

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2057570.jpg

     

    Me getting some love from 20+ heroes in front of Chinatown PD

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/LaylynLafae/MMET101_AUDIO-PC-28-2058170.jpg

     

    Video and screenshots of the event brought to you by HAUNT League.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdSoZVzW0Eo

     

    I have some other screenshots and vids of daily world meetings @ Superman statue on PE.

    We had a nice little impromtu brawl of about 40+ people from PE League and Righteous on Wednesday.

     

    I've also been noticing a lot of new 30s joining the various leagues on the server which is good to see.

    I'll toss out some more once mergers hit in ~2 weeks.

    your screenshots make it look like you were playing the game on a mobile

This discussion has been closed.