Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wheel of Time MMORPG

angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Hey all,

I love this series by Robert Jordan (and whoever finished it after he passed), and a while ago I read about it being mazde into a game. I googled it and I all found was a crappy looking clip from 2009 (http://wheeloftimeonline.com/) and red eagle games (http://www.red-eagle-games.com/) was working on it. Looked at their site and last update was again in 2009.

Anyone have any more recent information on if this is still being developped?

thanks,

Comments

• ROMVSROMVS Member UncommonPosts: 10

Dunno about the MMO but there was an fps WOT game created, it looked horrible and the balancing was too balanced. If they make an MMO, they better make it as close as possible to the WOT storyline or they should just stay away from it completely rather than ruin it. I can't wait for the last two WOT books to come out, meanwhile, I'll probably read all the books that are already out again... and again... and again.

• lschneiflschneif Member Posts: 43

I really like the story Wheel of Time. But I can't imagine how could it be made into MMO.... I hope the "Neverwinter Online" will come out...

• Hendo0069Hendo0069 Member Posts: 213

I'd play it thats for sure, but I don't see how they could let players be Aes Sedai or Asha'man without them being ridiculously overpowered and leaving no room for other "classes". I suppose you could make them unplayable, but that would just be dissapointing.

Very tricky design decisions to deal with indeed.

Originally posted by ROMVS

Dunno about the MMO but there was an fps WOT game created, it looked horrible and the balancing was too balanced. If they make an MMO, they better make it as close as possible to the WOT storyline or they should just stay away from it completely rather than ruin it. I can't wait for the last two WOT books to come out, meanwhile, I'll probably read all the books that are already out again... and again... and again.

Only 1 book left in the series set to release at the end of the year.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by lschneif

I really like the story Wheel of Time. But I can't imagine how could it be made into MMO.... I hope the "Neverwinter Online" will come out...

+1

(+2 if they used 3.5 ruleset)

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse