Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game devs do you think really listen to their audience?

2»

Comments

• vicettvicett Member Posts: 11

I've played quite a few MMO's in my 10+ years of MMOgaming, and by a country mile CCP works best with it's community.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Although SWTOR isn't actually out yet, I'd have to say Bioware.

They have already made changes to the game in response to community feedback, and included features that they had not initially planned on.

They are coming across as Devs who really care about their community, and about their product.

Now, I also have to echo a poster above me who mentioned CD Project Red. Although they don't make MMORPGs, theor dedication to their customers is a model for game developers everywhere.

Not only do we have their stunning customer service actions after the Witcher was released, but they have continued the trend with the Witcher 2.

Shortly after discovering the horrid performance hits that their DRM was causing, they removed it entirely in the first game patch, so as to not cause their legitimate customers to be inconvenienced.

“Our goal is to make our fans and customers happy and to reward them for buying our game and DRM schemes does not support our philosophy as they might create obstacles for users of legally bought copies. Our approach to countering piracy is to incorporate superior value in the legal version. This means it has to be superior in every respect: less troublesome to use and install, with full support, and with access to additional content and services. So, we felt keeping the DRM would mainly hurt our legitimate users. This is completely in line with what we said before the release of The Witcher 2. We felt DRM was necessary to prevent the game being pirated and leaked before release. This purpose has been served, so we are pleased to let our users enjoy the full freedom of game usage they deserve.”

MAJOR KUDOS to CD Project Red for understanding the truth about DRM, and for making the right choice. Hopefully other developers take notice and see that this is how customers should be treated.

I dont like the game to much console for me, but ive bought the game becouse i wanne support every developer who dont have DRM and i realy hope that all those bastards who DL games illegally stop doing that its stealing and they start buying instead so companys can make better games.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by Boge

Which game devs do you think really listen to their audience?

The ones that don't make any money.  Ha ha ha!  I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't care anymore.  It seems like all the suggestions players give Blizzard, they find some excuse to not implement it into their game.  They've gotten so cocky that they KNOW what the gamer wants more than the gamer does.

Not realy i dont buy any blizzard game:P

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I dont feel SOE isnt listening to their players. The Vanguard devs surely did. And about SWG + NGE, never forget that it was Lucas Arts that forced SOE to NGE, because they felt SWG wasnt successful enough.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Arenanet, The patches are so fast and so quick... little and big and the fact that the game is still being balanced even though they stated the live team is shrinking. That and GW doesnt have to shutdown to put patches in

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

ArenaNet's already blogging so much info and building up a good working relationship with potential players it certainly feels like they want players to feel informed/listened to. It probably will pay off later on when the game launches and players have questions that have already been set-up pre release and explained in part and just need to be built on. IE players have a good idea what context their questions should usefully be put? Eg that amabassador vid contest was probably good motivation for ArenaNet aside from free publicity.

Spacetime Studios for mmobiles: >200 updates and average fixes x1.7 daily in first 12 months of their Pocket Legends game and actively posting on forums is very impressive and one of the best features of this game. Awesome stats and very active communication especially about pricing using MT's freemium model.

CCP are always on the radar it seems (EvE is not a game I've tried).