Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a MMO that plays like Diablo2

kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

IDK why but,im seeking for a mmo that would be close to diablo2. Where monster dies fast but theres loads of them coming. Where you need to farm much to get item. Something like that. IM open to suggestion tough.

Comments

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Darkspore came out fairly recently that's like a Diablo2 clone in space. I wouldn't call it an MMO - I don't know if you wanted more MMO or more Diablo2. This would be more Diablo2. I had fun in beta, but I don't know what the release has been like or how it's doing.

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Mythos would be the closest thing out now , with Torchlight 2 coming in the near future.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

I would suggest the F2P game " The Battle of the Imortals "

It's a asian action rpg/mmo like game.  I actually did find some enjoyment out of it.

A great thing I did enjoy after playing after the game fully launched is you can play the game like action rpg with point and click movement or like your typical mmo with keyboard movements.

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

Originally posted by kimahris

IDK why but,im seeking for a mmo that would be close to diablo2. Where monster dies fast but theres loads of them coming. Where you need to farm much to get item. Something like that. IM open to suggestion tough.

Dungeon Runners was almost exactly what you seem to be looking for. Unfortunately it was shut down by NCSoft because they wanted to put efforts into AAA tier games. They made their revenue off of premium memberships and advertisements. It was easy to see this game was going downhill when the only advertisements they had were of their own games.

Wish some of these companies would attempt to sell the game rights instead of just scrapping it entirely.

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

Mythos is probably the closest to D2 that is out now.  You can play on Frogster's Euro servers now. 

http://www.mythos-europe.com/en/index.html