Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB: Reloaded: Build It & They Will Come

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

According to the latest update on the APB Reloaded blog, open beta players are coming to the game in droves. Over 24,000 concurrent players enjoyed the game at one point late last week. With only six days of open beta, that's an impressive stat. The dev team also lays out some more details for premium holders and the explosion of social media surrounding the game.

Getting a premium account supports the development team, and also ensures updates are rolled out even faster since more support means we can invest more in speeding up the development effort. And - best of all - if you don't want to upgrade, you still don't have to. You can still play the game for free. But I do want to take a moment to THANK all the thousands who have already jumped on board and gotten premium accounts! Your support is invaluable. And therefore, we are of course going to let you "cut in line" when things get into a capacity squeeze.

Having a huge volume of free players means that free players will occasionally have to queue for slots at peak times, since it's important we provide priority access to paying players. Even so, our explicit long-term strategy is actually to make sure that everyone (include all free2play players AND all paid players) get basic game access without major game queues, especially when the game goes "Live" after the current Beta phase is over.

Read more on the APB Reloaded blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,267

its not a bad game few flaws needs more content and the random spikes in lag if they get them iron out it will be an awsome game

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Yep, played it yesterday. Definetly needs more metagame, and it crashed on me every 30 mins, but it was decent to play. Basically GTA MMO.

• SaboterrSaboterr Member Posts: 36

Sounds like GTA, doesn't player like GTA. Driving is absolutely terrible, it takes a whole lot of time to get used to it and even then it's a bit stiff. Combat isn't by any means fun, to me, why? Because about 70% of the missions i've done i had one guy on the other team that could kill everyone, there were rare cases in which i did a solid 1v1 and didn't die in a matter of seconds. I think the game has potential to be seriously good, but honestly to me as a gamer, they have to work harder on those two aspects to get me to play it longer, but hey, i'm one person.

Just looking around... Hoping GW2's community won't suck :)

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

100 players, 250 cards and 1000 NPC's...   and they didnt even mention all the customisation that goes on.

Not hard to see why they struggle with crashes and lag!  when they put it into this context comparing it to typical MMO's..   kinda makes me think that its a miracle I can play for 12 hours straight with no problems :)

loving APB's return,  life = on hold.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,733

The one thing that is lacking, at least for me, is content. While the "idea" behind the missions you get is fine, the number is far too limited. There are other things to do in game but they too are a bit limited. Unless they add content, this game will be just a passing fancy or one to maybe log onto couple of times a month...do everything a couple of times...then put the game away till the next month.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 357

Saboteer the reason the driving is the way it is, is because driving is all done server-side and the reason for that is to keep the driving fluid for everyone, thats why you don't generally see rubberbanding cars around.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Did they fix the matchmaking system or is it as bad as the original?

• johnyjetjohnyjet Member Posts: 24

I ctd every 30 minutes too if i make it that long, many folks with same problem, amazing that they still haven't fixed that. It's a game breaker. Matchmaking seems a little better, lag for me has not been unbearable. Occasional Aimbotters too, but doesn't seem out of control yet.

Right now it's basically the same game it was (warts and all), although mission changes have been promised.

If they fix the crashes I may play it for awhile until SWTOR or Planetside Next show up.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,125

Played it yestarday and today, and I never crash untill I change districts (zones) then i get the usual out of memory bug, sometimes getting it after a Long time in one of the creators but as said mostly when changing district. So i just play in one instead of switching works fine for me.

the mach making is sometimes good, and sometimes plain wrong:P had maches between egual teams (or solo players) and had matchers were our team of 3-5 get utterly destroyed by a single guy, might be out noobism tho since 3-5 vs 1 maches are always against stronger more skilled players whit better guns and game knowidge.

Its very easy to suspect players as cheats but think I only came across one who just had to perfect aim shooting from behind a corner. you see this in fps games sometimes to, they somehow know exsactly were you are and already shoot whit perfect aim before even turning the corner (shooting against the wall to maximize hit rate as soon they clear the corner)

All in all its good fun, and if im tired to doing missions I just go stealing stuff brining up my cash and waiste it on cloths and stuff :P

the cashshop is heavely overprized but thats to be expected from this publisher as they tend to do that whit all thier games gambling on the player whit large sales rather then gambling on lots of small sales what makes it slightly pay2win but not overly so.

• xpanderxpander Member Posts: 13

never had crashes so far. and played many hours in row...today 8 hours in row i think. no crashes.

there are lag spikes from time to time tho... currently it seems many aimbot users or other cheaters in the game..who are incredibly accurate at long distance with short distant guns...but maybe its just me who suck...anyway seems fun game. need little more content tho.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Played it on and off for a couple weeks now and it is growing on me a bit.  I am a HUGE GTA fan, put many hours into all of the games, so this game feels someone like home to me.  There are several problems with it to me at least though.

The missions are just boring as hell.  There is just not enough content and variety here.  Also, like someone already said, 75% of the missions I get there will be like one or two guys that just murder everyone.  Sometimes you get these guys who are so good (skill, hacking or whatever) that they just destroy eveyone before you can even get close to the capture/defend point and I've even been spawn camped from long distances away by these guys.  Good missions where it is back and forth are pretty infrequent.  The missions were it is pretty even are fun, but they get repetetive.  The driving is a little off, but I am not expecting a driving sim here.  The actual combat could use some work, still feels a little stiff.  Cash shop is silly, but I expect this from this publisher.

The customization is pretty awesome though and the music player is nice.  Graphically it looks pretty good, nothing to write home about.  I have not had any crashes really or any technical problems.  If you do try it out, just make sure to uninstall Pando Media Booster and the Gamers First launcher after downloading the game.  Neither is needed to play the game and just steal your bandwidth while playing.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

there are no missions in counter-strike, and yet people dont get bored of that.  or any FPS.

You think people are bored of Capture the flag?... no, dont be daft.  What about real life games?  Think snooker players get bored, what about football, baseball, golf?.. they are all competative games.  people dont say "you know, were getting bored shall we add some missions"?

why?.. noone gives a shit about missions, missions are just a way to generate encounters.  Its the enemy who you want to defeat.

when your apposed in APB no mission is identical,  the only additional content that APB needs is probably more maps, and more acheivments and maybe more upgrades.  but missions?.. no.  while there is someone to shoot in the face, missions dont mean shit

• mackthajackamackthajacka Member Posts: 8

Chaos district plx

• swattersswatters Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by sadeyx

there are no missions in counter-strike, and yet people dont get bored of that.  or any FPS.

You think people are bored of Capture the flag?... no, dont be daft.  What about real life games?  Think snooker players get bored, what about football, baseball, golf?.. they are all competative games.  people dont say "you know, were getting bored shall we add some missions"?

why?.. noone gives a shit about missions, missions are just a way to generate encounters.  Its the enemy who you want to defeat.

when your apposed in APB no mission is identical,  the only additional content that APB needs is probably more maps, and more acheivments and maybe more upgrades.  but missions?.. no.  while there is someone to shoot in the face, missions dont mean shit

Very well said.