Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft-like mmos.

muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

Hey all, Im looking for mmos like minecraft where you can build and shape the world.  Found a couple good minecraft like mmos where you can build your surroundings  if you guys have any other to share feel free to post it here!

Dawntide - Darkfall + minecraft Open world build your own town w/ guards.  buggy but a good concept free currently in beta and the game I'm playing atm

Wurm - free trial but severly limited

Archeage - currently in closed beta

Xyson - monthly fee

Comments

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

Haven and Hearth - free

Salem - F2P, under development

Terraria - B2P, not sure if that is an mmo

Hype train -> Reality

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by VowOfSilence

Haven and Hearth - free

Salem - F2P, under development

Terrania - B2P, not sure if that is an mmo

Thanks!  Been looking for a few more to try out.  Have you tested any of those games?  reccomend any?  

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

Love

Generation P

bump for more games.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Love is the closest you'll get with about 400-500 players at the same time.

Theres no such thing as a mmo like Minecraft.

Games like Salem and haven&Hearth really wont have the terrain modification minecraft has, they're really nothing like minecraft at all.

Terraria comes pretty close, but its 2D, more based on adventure and NOT a MMO.

I'm aware of that,  I should have rephrased the question.  I'm looking for MMOs where you can build your own town.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by CNUChavez

I'm aware of that,  I should have rephrased the question.  I'm looking for MMOs where you can build your own town.

Wait for ArcheAge I guess.

• SabbathSMCSabbathSMC Member Posts: 226

the only thing your restricted on in wurm is skill,you can do everything possible up to that skill whish i think is 20.

Haven and hearth is also a good game but its a 2d that sorta looks like a gameboy game?

I dont think salem is out yet but its being made by the same guys that made Haven and Hearth.

Xyson is just not ready,while you can do alot inside 30 days your prolly going to grow bored.

Wurm was also created by the same guy that made minecraft or he was one of the orginal devs..

played M59,UO,lineage,EQ,Daoc,Entropia,SWG,Horizons,Lineage2.EQ2,Vangaurd,Irth online, DarkFall,Star Trek
    and many others that did not make the cut or i just plain forgetting about.

• NoriSarelNoriSarel Member Posts: 14

How is the Dawntide skill cap? I noticed they changed it to hae 700 SP be the cap. I haven't played it yet, thus the question. I really don't like having to create several characters and spend a  lot of time on them, one for crafting, one for fighting, one for magic... I know one character shouldn't be able to do everything, but a person who wants to do crafting and fighting shouldn't be limited to one or the other IMO. So just wondering what it's like.