Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date?

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Just asking here for the earliest possible release date of the game by the publishers etc?

I googled it but most of the info i had found was from 2010...

Thx

Comments

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Basically it was stated that it would not be released prior to July 1st, 2011 and possibly into the 1st quarter of 2012 (calendar, not fiscal).  They are definately aiming for a 2011 release though.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Noone has an answer for you. As it has not been announced. However public opinion is end of 2011 to very early 2012. That by no means guarantees it however.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• OdhelmOdhelm Member Posts: 40

The release is 15th of september 2011.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I'm sticking with May 22nd, 2011.  And if the world didn't end that date, October 22nd, 2011.  And if the world didn't end on THAT date, December 22, 2012.  The game WILL release by that date, I promise!

• OdhelmOdhelm Member Posts: 40

Seriously, it will be in stock in stores the 15th of september.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Never. This game is doomed. Doomed I tell ya. DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMED!!!!!

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Wow another thread to this , seriously, if they had a release date set, it be on here right when you clicked on the game, it be on a 1000 threads, it be on the main website and all over the interweb.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Odhelm

Seriously, it will be in stock in stores the 15th of september.

Hopefully, buit wouldn't surprise me if they moved it back another 2 months, MMOs are usually deleayed.

I do believe it will release this year, EA wont let the game get moved back forever.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Originally posted by Tardcore

Never. This game is doomed. Doomed I tell ya. DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMED!!!!!

Sir, I have to say, your most recent signature is an Epic win, ...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I heard September as well.

But as much as I want to play the game NOW!!!! NOW!!!, I would rather they took their time and delivered the best, most polished product possible.

• this is the last thing we have heard:

http://darthhater.com/2011/05/04/electronic-arts-4q-earnings-live-blog/

"While we fully anticipate launching Star Wars: The Old Republic in Q2 or Q3, the low end of our guidance range assumes the outside possibility of a January launch."

1 These forward-looking statements are valid as of May 4, 2011 only. The Packaged Goods title release schedule excludes Star Wars: The Old Republic, which is expected to launch in either Q2 FY12 or Q3 FY12.

Q2 FY12 is July through September 2011, and Q3 FY12 is October through December 2011.

FY stands for fiscal year, which for EA runs from april 1st, 2011 - march 31, 2012

and just to put into perspective of how little time could come between a release date announcement and the actual date.  WoW's date was announced november 4th, 2004 and released november 23rd, 2004

i doubt we will see that little amount of time between them, but its always a possibility

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft/563565p1.html

http://www.gamershell.com/news_18371.html