Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moment of your time, please.

motig34motig34 Member Posts: 10

Can anyone confirm what I just read?

Enchanted dice are going to be a weaponin TSW?

Comments

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Apparently they will. See here:

Ten Ton Hammer: You also seem to be covering a wide range of equipment for characters to use. What type of arsenal will be in the game?

Ragnar Tornquist: In terms of weapons, you’ll be seeing everything from automatic rifles and shotguns to voodoo dolls, demon familiars and arcane katanas. And dice. Those square things with dots on them? Yes. Dice.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

This game feels like a pencil/paper RPG I used to play in High School so many many many years ago.

Nice to see an MMORPG go back to it's core roots.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Apparently they will. See here:

Ten Ton Hammer: You also seem to be covering a wide range of equipment for characters to use. What type of arsenal will be in the game?

Ragnar Tornquist: In terms of weapons, you’ll be seeing everything from automatic rifles and shotguns to voodoo dolls, demon familiars and arcane katanas. And dice. Those square things with dots on them? Yes. Dice.

The red is relevant to my interests. I have reservations about all new MMOs now but this one does show promise. I just hope it delivers more than prior MMOs with promise have.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I just hope they improve the combat animations and mechanics, it may feel really good to play for all I know but in the preview videos it looks very dull compared to SWTOR's heroic/sword/cover mechanics, and GW2's dynamic aprouch, not to mention TERA's action controls.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Some good advice for funcom would be to consider starting TSW off as a freemium game or even better as a well planned F2P instead of letting it almost die before going that route..

Simply put the monthly sub route in and of itself is going to become a thing of the past sooner rather than later as the quality of f2p games is quickly closing the gap on traditional monthly subbed games..

Funcom has managed to survive by being creative and changing their business model over the years as they needed to but times they are a changin and even freemium in which funcom is the father of may fall out of favor with the likes of GW2 coming out..

I say this because to me and im sure to many, many others GW2 is already as good as bought if both TSW and GW2 released today the choice would be a no brainer..

And this is even considering the fact that i like the potentially fresh concepts of TSW better overall but i cant lose with GW2 however i would take my time and likely at least 6 months of wait and see before i will consider rather TSW is worth the investment versus timesink as a traditional funcom sub game.

If both were pay once play forever or even if funcom offered up a buy once freemium type model i would break the bank and buy both of these games at once with no hesitation..

Playing GW2..

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by dageeza

Some good advice for funcom would be to consider starting TSW off as a freemium game or even better as a well planned F2P instead of letting it almost die before going that route..

Simply put the monthly sub route in and of itself is going to become a thing of the past sooner rather than later as the quality of f2p games is quickly closing the gap on traditional monthly subbed games..

Funcom has managed to survive by being creative and changing their business model over the years as they needed to but times they are a changin and even freemium in which funcom is the father of may fall out of favor with the likes of GW2 coming out..

I say this because to me and im sure to many, many others GW2 is already as good as bought if both TSW and GW2 released today the choice would be a no brainer..

And this is even considering the fact that i like the potentially fresh concepts of TSW better overall but i cant lose with GW2 and i will take my time and at least 6 months of wait and see before i will consider rather TSW is worth the investment versus timesink.

Well it seems their game design is "no endgame", the journey quality is what matters... would back a B2P model as you ref GW2, rightly so.

GW2 would be more of a "safe" bet I feel not because the pricing or at least ignoring pricing, but because the info on that game esp. the core game systems is already revealed in detail and appears to be good choices and demos appear good implementation. I think TSW still needs to do all of that? Although their announced features sound v well chosen.

I don't entirely agree P2P is no longer viable, just less viable for most future mmorpg's that don't differentiate themselves from the rest/west of the market. : )

• Pest138Pest138 Member UncommonPosts: 114

Worried less about the business model and more intrigued about the wide range of variety it seems they are shooting for gameplaywise.

As with all games will have to wait to see how it turns out but definitely interested and if things are looking and sounding good 30-60 days after launch will give it a try.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

If this deliver what it promises.... it may be a rare hit, compared to all the new horrible MMORPGs of last year.

The only New MMO Game I seen do very well is Rift.

I like to see this game join that rank... but alas it may be FFXIV all over again...

• Brunte81Brunte81 Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by zevni78

I just hope they improve the combat animations and mechanics, it may feel really good to play for all I know but in the preview videos it looks very dull compared to SWTOR's heroic/sword/cover mechanics, and GW2's dynamic aprouch, not to mention TERA's action controls.

AoC have one of the best looking combat animations and also very nice looking graphics. I'm sure this game will have something close to that in the end.

Most of the time animations comes later in developing of the game.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Brunte81

AoC have one of the best looking combat animations and also very nice looking graphics. I'm sure this game will have something close to that in the end.

Most of the time animations comes later in developing of the game.

If TSW won't have at least the level of combat animation that AoC had, I'll be very surprised (and annoyedimage), I mean, TSW uses the same engine but there's 3-4 years between the 2 games.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."