Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Race choice: Why isn't there a Droid option?

2»

Comments

• apollobsg75apollobsg75 Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by GMan3

Originally posted by apollobsg75

Well since Bioware thinks everyone in Star Wars has to wear armor, theres no need for a droid to wear armor or clothes which would make character progression pretty bland.

This just makes no sense except as a bad attempt to insult BioWare.  ANYTHING can wear armor AND benefit from it.  So far the best reasoning I have seen in this thread is that robots have no true emotions / are just tools AND can not be made into a true "hero" type character.

Actually it makes perfect sense, and it's fact. i wouldn't have said it otherwise. This is not any attempt to insult Bioware. there are these 6 movies created by a guy named George Lucas. they are called  Star Wars. they have individual titles, but if you go into a vido store and ask, someone will be able to help you find the movies.

If you watch ther movies you will see the bad guys, Darth Vader, and the white armored guys called stormtroopers wear armor. A couple bounty hunters here and there wear armor too. Theres a really cool one named Boba Fett. (he even has a jet pack!)

Nobody else of significance wears armor, yet everyone in ST TOR wears armor.

Now, would it not stand to a reason that the skin of the droid would be armored? Or, would someone create a combat effective droid but decide it would have to go around picking up armor pieces?

I said nothing about emotions.

Perfect sense.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

I know driods in Kotor could wear armor plating and got guns as weapons so it "could" work however that would have to add an additional loot table for that class/race combo.

Not to mention i'm not sure how that would work with the 8 classes thus far.

I guess you "could" squeeze in the ability for them to use lightsabers but would they really be able to tap into the force like the 4 forces user could?

Bounty hunter and smuggler could work rather well i suppose so that could be an option.

Not sure what the physcology behind troopers would have to have a driod trooper, though it could work if they allowed it.

Imperial Agent could work if the sith empire allowed it.

As far as driods go as i understand them, they couldn't be any of the force users as i'm not sure they can tap into the force. The others you can do in you tweak it that way.

The biggest reason would be, would people want to play them enough to reconfigure all the conversations to them, as i understand it unless your like HK-47, most of the bots have bleeps and twerps that would make having your character having a voice pretty moot. Provide new drops for those people, then you have the weirdness of having a driod wearing jedi armor as such.  Then you would have to explain how a driod is able to make decisions based on their own agenda. Then you would have to create a whole new storyline for them as to the reason they are doing such things.

It would create some extra work for driods to be in game. Could they do it? sure. Will they do it? Not at launch. Possible expansion sure.  But things like races have to be put in near the start of the game.  You can just (especially in this case) say oh lets put a driod race in here because that will be cool.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Would be cool, future patch / expansion.  we can only hope.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...