Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame similar to UO

ChokolotiChokoloti Member Posts: 9

I dont want to get to specific as to make it easier for you guys to help me.

things im looking for:

- Lot of room to run around

- lots of different items (edit* - kinda like diablos item randomization)

- graphics dont matter. im looking for gameplay so i dont mind 2d.

- good PvP. Preferably large faction battles but it doesnt matter.

thanks in advance

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

City of Heroes was the only game I recall playing recently where I felt everybody looked unique. That is more of a charcter customization thing though. You get to run around the whole city while super jumping or running with superspeed!

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Check out EQ2 or the its F2P version.

• ChokolotiChokoloti Member Posts: 9

Mu Online has the Item Variety im looking for but theres no Character customization. Are there any games like Mu that  have Diablo style item randomization?

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146

Theres not a whole hell of a lot out there like UO atm.

A few to try, though none are nearly as open world:

1.Battle of the Immortals- kind of like diablo, but i got bored of it pretty quickly

2.MU - the main client is dead, most ppl play private servers

3.Tibia - closest I can think of, they kinda ripped a lot of stuff from UO. Limitless levels, skill progression, players own houses   in a continuous world, when you die you lose objects, exp, and skills. War is mostly between high level guilds, though open world pvp is available depending on the server.

4. Runescape - yea... you probably already know

Also watch for:

1. Google "Immortal Games." I don't know the name of the game itself, thats the company's site. Progress is slow, so don't expect too much

2. Phobos - I'm not sure if this will ever see the light of day, they've been working on it forever.

3. Path of Exile - What I'm eagerly waiting for, much like diablo, f2p mmo with diablo-style combat, dodging projectiles, etc, from a top-down view. Players gather in towns, but wilderness zones are limited to something like 8-10 people. Done using shards. Definitely check it out. 

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

Originally posted by Deathage

Theres not a whole hell of a lot out there like UO atm.

A few to try, though none are nearly as open world:

1.Forsaken World - kind of like diablo, but i got bored of it pretty quickly

You mean Battle of the Immortals

is there any crafting or pvp in BoI?

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

dont be mistaken, BoI is a chinese grinder, yes there is crafting and pvp

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

a small population however, linkrealms is very much like UO. Only in closed beta atm but still a good mmorpg.

Battle of the Immortals seems like it would be too much of a grind but Linkrealms looks cool. I think ill wait till its out of closed beta to check it out