Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online - Great score at MMOCrunch!

wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

http://www.mmocrunch.com/mmorpg-game-list/?sort=game_overall_score&order=desc

For comparison:

Same score as WoW: 7.25

Darkfall scored 5.94

Yay!!!

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

You realize that is a money generating site full of ad's and that they have ratings for games that are not even out yet.  You can tell something is wrong when WOW, MO and Earthrise all score the same.  Not a very credible source and shows the desperation of MO fans to try and generate some positive news about the game.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by Talonsin

You realize that is a money generating site full of ad's and that they have ratings for games that are not even out yet.  You can tell something is wrong when WOW, MO and Earthrise all score the same.  Not a very credible source and shows the desperation of MO fans to try and generate some positive news about the game.

Lol!?

Hmm, most sites out there have loads of ADs (how to make money if they wouldn't?)!

Only on this view I se ads for: Dungeons and Dragons and 2 ads for Rift. And I do not even care to count how many there is on the start page! =)

Edit: After a Quick look I saw 5 ads on mmorpg first site, and 3 on mmocrunch. FYI

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Talonsin

Which would be totally different from the desperation of the critics mining every resource they can to generate negative news, and ONLY negative news, about the game, right?  Credibility of sources not required, apparently.

LOL

Cries for credibility ring hollow when only one side is ever expected to have it, while the other side is accepted at face value according to personal agendas and biases.

MO didn't get the top spot from that site - it's actually a fairly middling spot.  This is probably fair - the game has some great concepts, is a rare sandbox-style game, and has some issues and shortcomings.  What a surprise - it's like many, many other games in that regard.  The score seems to reflect that.  MMORPG.com gave it a 6.9 - not too terribly different.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

I cannot find the actual review for that link.  Can someone please link it directly for me.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Originally posted by wmada2k

http://www.mmocrunch.com/mmorpg-game-list/?sort=game_overall_score&order=desc

For comparison:

Same score as WoW: 7.25

Darkfall scored 5.94

Yay!!!

Really? and what criteria is the score based on? I wonder where the score comes from given there is no review yet on the mmocrunch site.

Therefore I doubt this score has any relevance.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Seeing as Allods Online and Runes of Magic are what this site sees as the top of the crop when it comes to MMOs I'm not sure having a great score on this site is such a meaningfull thing.

Even if you think those games are fun and well-made it's ridicilious to think they're, from a professional point of view, better made then games like WoW, EvE and Guild Wars.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

I still cannot find the link to the review for the score.   Can someone provide?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

with all respect but according to that page  "Allods" is the best game ever (with higher score than Rift, WoW, Aion).....

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

my problem with MO

first person, it kills it for me

• kinikukiniku Member Posts: 53

MMO Crunch?  LOL.  Runes of Magic rated highest for F2P?

All these ratings are a joke.  So is the site.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I'd give MO a 0, but if we're going by MMOCrunch.com's way I don't even have to tell you why!

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

MMOcrunch is a kiddy site, so it's not strange that Allods stands above Rift/WoW etc..

Kids can't afford p2p MMORPGS....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

I played the game on two trials I will give it one more after the glorified patch Dawn come out.  the content was so lacking I would give the game a 5 out of 10 and reccomend it a F2P.  There was not enough for me to pay a subscription.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

They also state Mortal Online got item mall (as in item shop), I guess that alone tells a lot about their credibility. Nice try :P

Haha... I love all the comments. "Darn, MO got scored ok, what can we blame this time"... "Ahhh, the site. The site is obvious for kiddies and has lots of AD's - the site and has no relevance... yes lets go for that one!"

Just suck it in will ya. The game scored 7.25. There are other people with a wider look for it and likes the game. How hard is it to understand that everyone that plays the game are not that narrow minded! And when scoring a game, it should be unbiased and not your own thought. Great score!

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Just suck it in will ya. The game scored 7.25. There are other people with a wider look for it and likes the game. How hard is it to understand that everyone that plays the game are not that narrow minded! And when scoring a game, it should be unbiased and not your own thought. Great score!

Haha, I just love your comments and ability to ignore facts. As I previosly said, the site claims MO got an item shop, that alone says a lot about its credibility. Then they got no score policy anywhere, nor is there any real review on MO. As I said, nice try.

Ignore facts? Wonder who ignores the fact?? Yes, it has a icon for mall. So what? I say it is as credible as every other site around. And the score is unbiased from that sites point of view!

The End

Haha... I love all the comments. "Darn, MO got scored ok, what can we blame this time"... "Ahhh, the site. The site is obvious for kiddies and has lots of AD's - the site and has no relevance... yes lets go for that one!"

Once again, where does the score come from? Usually, in order to have a score, a game is supposed to have been reviewed.

I look at MO and find nothing about it on the mmocrunch. In the "review" tab, it says there are no reviews for this game.

How can they come with a score without reviewing it?

There is no explaination for the rating either. graphics, design, story, gameplay, sounds...nothing at all.

So I assume you were desperate to find something to brag about and bait the people who are hating on this game.

Also, speaking of biased/unbiased, I wouldn't trust so much the scoring/rating when it gives the highest scores to Runes of Magic or Allods online, or DC comics universe.

Ok, i'll pick another recent review and claim its significant, its from May 20th so up to date

http://www.rpg411.com/2011/05/mortal-online-the-10-second-impression/

Haha. That is indeed up to date! And I rofl'd at the dork! lol

Since you are talking so much about valid reviews. How valid is a review after 1 min of game time, with a guy that obviously is too stupid to even walk in game? =)

But nice try!

I'm not ignoring any facts, I just states the score of 7.25 for Mortal Online, comparing it to WoW (who now has 7.75 ;() and Darkfall at 5.94! Thats the only thing I state, and I ignore nothing.

Thank you ;)

I have repeatedly asked for a link to the actual review that the score was based on.  You have made claims in this very thread that the score was "unbiased" so I would just like ot know how you know that.  If we could read the actual review and see why a game was scored like that it would make understanding your comments a bit easier.

TBH though, just look at the scores of the games that are "rated" higher:

Allods

RoM

Eve

GW2 (not even out)

AoC

WoW

Champions Online

RIFT

Star Trek

Globa Agenda

DCU

Aion

LoTRO

Mythos

WAR

City of HEroes

Vindictus

Fallen Earth

Tera (not even out?!?!)

APB (Game was cancelled.. and now back  in beta testing)

D&D

Maplestory

Honestly... Mortal is the only game I have ever seen where people would claim that a score of 7.25 was a "great score".... image

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Never heard of the site.

And at the first glance, they put unreleased games (Guild Wars 2) in the same ratings list with released ones. And... GW2 is 3rd place on FREE (since when is GW2 gonna be free?) MMOs, behind Allods and Runes of Magic.

Yeah, I trust their insight :D

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Toferio

Wonder who ignores the fact?? 

You :)  Also, remember that Brighthub review (an actualy review, not just a score)? I can recall arguments of MO fans: "The site is just ad farming", "The author reviewed lots of themeparks games so he cant be taken seriously" ect ect. But a site which got Allods as top game and says MO got cash shop can be taken seriously, eh? You are good at twisting things to fit your point of view, i give you that :P

I was probably one of the primary people making those critiques of the brighthub review.  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/274803/page/1

As such, I will point out that I've not said one word about this score and wmada2k (the  OP of this thread) did not participate in that discussion.

There are reasons to consider the MMOcrunch score to be of questionable significance: 1) the lack of any description of the methodology (is this a review score, voting from long term forum members or an averaging of scores from other sites),  2) the fact that they list MO as having an item shop, and the fact that they give score that are not even in beta (Guild wars2)

As such it probably should be considered about as meaningful as the hype meter on this site.

There were more reasons to consider the brighthub review unreliable: 1) the fact that the review didn't note that the game was in beta 2) the same review got a new date slapped on it when MO was actually released 3) the author released 21 game reviews in 30 days 4) brighthub is not a gaming site, it's a linkfarm that will pay for anything if it gets pageviews

http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/03/16/lost-in-mortal-online/  --- MMO crunch's preview of mortal online

Update: I was not offline or desynced, after around 2 hrs I finally ran into a group of people and they pointed me in the direction of  a city.  This is also not a review, we do not review games in beta.

Haha. That is indeed up to date! And I rofl'd at the dork! lol

Since you are talking so much about valid reviews. How valid is a review after 1 min of game time, with a guy that obviously is too stupid to even walk in game? =)

But nice try!

and how valid is a game score without any review at all? just as good as a review after playing 1 minute...see my point now?

You need to learn to see sarcasm mate...

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I'm not ignoring any facts, I just states the score of 7.25 for Mortal Online, comparing it to WoW (who now has 7.75 ;() and Darkfall at 5.94! Thats the only thing I state, and I ignore nothing.

Thank you ;)

I have repeatedly asked for a link to the actual review that the score was based on.  You have made claims in this very thread that the score was "unbiased" so I would just like ot know how you know that.  If we could read the actual review and see why a game was scored like that it would make understanding your comments a bit easier.

TBH though, just look at the scores of the games that are "rated" higher:

Allods

RoM

Eve

GW2 (not even out)

AoC

WoW

Champions Online

RIFT

Star Trek

Globa Agenda

DCU

Aion

LoTRO

Mythos

WAR

City of HEroes

Vindictus

Fallen Earth

Tera (not even out?!?!)

APB (Game was cancelled.. and now back  in beta testing)

D&D

Maplestory

Honestly... Mortal is the only game I have ever seen where people would claim that a score of 7.25 was a "great score".... image

Don't bother, the OP simply made a google search for any potential rating of MO and as soon as he saw this one he posted it and tried rubbing it in people's face without even caring to look if it had any real review behind it...