Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free reactivation week June 3rd-13th

ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Welcome+Back+-+Reactivation+Celebration

"Aion's latest Reactivation Celebration lasts for ten days, beginning at 8:00 AM PDT on Friday, June 3rd, 2011 and running until 8:00 AM PDT on Monday, June 13th , 2011."

Just spreading the word :) 

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Oh, good.  Now I can try out the new patch and see if the game flow has changed.  If I can play it and get to 25 without getting bored, that will be a major improvement.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

I was wondering when Aion was going to do a welcome back promo. Unfortunately I'm basicly going to be in the middle of the woods for that entire week so I guess I won't be checking it out

:(

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

It will be free of charge to reactivate your old acc?

Will this affect EU players too?

• Sorrows101Sorrows101 Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

It will be free of charge to reactivate your old acc?

Will this affect EU players too?

You will get to play for free for the 10 days june 3rd - 13th..yes it would be for NA and EU

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

.. and there's a bunch of free stuff given out across the week for each day you login. Looking forward to more free goodies! :)

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

playing the 10 day trial myself atm. WOndering if I should get back or not.

IF I chosed to subscribe back, would I still get the benefits from june 3rd?

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

playing the 10 day trial myself atm. WOndering if I should get back or not.

IF I chosed to subscribe back, would I still get the benefits from june 3rd?

I'm on the same boat as you. I'm curious to see what my old characters are capable of.

Someone said something about lvl 25. You'll get there easily now, especially if you're taking advantage of the bonus XP this next week.

I'm told by several people that the leveling and droprates have all been increased dramatically. The thing that still worries me is the seemingly lack of endgame content.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by elocke

Oh, good.  Now I can try out the new patch and see if the game flow has changed.  If I can play it and get to 25 without getting bored, that will be a major improvement.

i think you will be surprised, you can get the first soloinstance (there are 3) at L17-19 (dont remember), and its quite enjoyable, and the quests give much more xp , leveling right now its too fast, and theres a new mentor system , so if you get trouble someone with a great level difference could help you easily,(the mentor dont get xp or drops but they have a daily to help lowers)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I already have the game downloaded and did a free trial just to see how the game would run on my pc with the new graphic update. The game looks amazing and ran well so I will be starting a new toon June 3rd and give another go. Now I have to decide between a Gladiator or Assassin. Any advice?

Originally posted by Mannish

I already have the game downloaded and did a free trial just to see how the game would run on my pc with the new graphic update. The game looks amazing and ran well so I will be starting a new toon June 3rd and give another go. Now I have to decide between a Gladiator or Assassin. Any advice?

gladiator, you can dps and tank, as sin you need top gear to do dps

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Mannish

Gladiators are "hella fun".

Assassins seem to be hard to play at the lower levels. Though, if you become the archer class (forget what that is ) then they can be quite formidible.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Gladiator end game owns and are fairly easy to play , Geared ones own everything in the right hands. 

Assassins are a lot better than they used to be , I Advise playing Elyos sin though due to the silence ( better for pvp than asmo version ) 

Geared rangers can be a Blast and are very very good for pvp but the early levels and gear grind can be a pain but that speaks for any class really. I've just never been able to stay focused long enough on my ranger to get him geared right. 

and to confirm above posts , Drop rates are 100x better than they used to be , Its not hard to earn money now days and crafting is easier and better than ever before, Making it easier and practical to craft yourself weapons or armor. 

Asmodians also get a bigger leveling and pvp Reward bonus on Siel and Zikel as well if your returning and or restarting thats something to keep in mind if you want to level faster .. 

• MetzaMetza Member Posts: 160

I'm there, Actually just created a new account to do the free trial, but starting tommorow I actually  have time to give it a go and will feel better about my play time because if I decide to resub with my real account I get to keep whatever progress I make with a new character, because i have other characters already over 25 but want to see how the new lvl progression is and plus I wanted to play a glad or assasin instead of cleric for now.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Does anyone know what the qualifications for reactivation are?  I can't find the requirements on the official website.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Rohn

Does anyone know what the qualifications for reactivation are?  I can't find the requirements on the official website.

Here you go. Good luck.

Originally posted by nblitz

Originally posted by Rohn

Here you go. Good luck.

Thanks for the link.  I'd read that one, where it says:

Please Note:

If your account qualifies to be reactivated, you should be able to log into Aion from the game client. Your main account status page will not reflect your reactivation status. If you feel you qualify for reactivation and and cannot enter Aion through the game client, please contact Customer Service.

Unfortunately, it doesn't state what the qualifications for reactivation are.

I bought the game at launch and subscribed for 3 months thereafter, and have not subbed since then.  Apparently, my account does not qualify, but I can't find the exact requirements for qualification.  So far, customer service has not responded.

Thanks again for the assistance.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

That sucks a bit. I hope the customer support can sort this out for you pronto.

The EU community manager or some such had this to say.

"All accounts that we're inactive and good standing prior to a set point were reactivated. It looks like your friend was still active past the cut off point. Get him to submit a support ticket and see if they can help :)"

Vague much? So much hate.

You had bad luck cause i stoped in october 2010 and got mine  qualified to be reactivated,

and the game its superb and i find more pretty and more faster, and right now we have so much to do its completely diferent

Originally posted by pedrostrik

You had bad luck cause i stoped in october 2010 and got mine  qualified to be reactivated,

and the game its superb and i find more pretty and more faster, and right now we have so much to do its completely diferent

Yeah, not sure what the issue is.  My sub ran out in January 2010.  I did get a canned response from NCSoft saying they're investigating and would respond again within 24 hours.  All I asked was what the qualifications were.

No big deal - I was just thinking I'd take advantage of some free time if it was available.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

My account had been blocked since someone tried to log into my account while I hadn't been active.

Due to this I was not eligible for the reactivation, but having called NC Soft Support I got some lovely girl to unblock my account and got her supervisor to credit me 10 days game time for a make-shift reactivation period. Pretty solid stuff if you ask me.

Game is great so far. The new Ninja and Levitation motion upgrades are pretty damn cool lol. The ninja one is my motivation to level.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Reactivation was a good thing even though I only logged in for an hour.

Aion still looks great but the game is basically not for me in its current form. Seems like the game still has a lot of loyal and dedicated players who like the gameplay as it is.  (AP grind for "way too powerful" PVP-gear simply kills this game for me.)

I doubt my own probles with Aion will disappear (and rightfully so, since many seem to enjoy it as it is) but I might give it another look, if the next major patch introduce new, varied content for different playerpreferences. (No, not interested in or impressed by a bunch of new ingame store items)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)