Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM corruption?

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by Boomer_dood

Originally posted by Tailz2k7

If the highway robbery that took place during the "Pre-Order 90$ year later beta" didn't get your attention...

followed by the gold duping....

followed by the hacking....

followed by GM interfearence in player sieges...

followed by interfearence by Henrick in clan wars...

I doubt this will do anything for you.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/298106/GM-interferes-with-player-siege.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/298204/Were-worried-about-GM-conduct-What-about-the-CEO-himself-.html

Nuff said.

So much crap, so little quality.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Originally posted by Hodo

Originally posted by Boomer_dood

Originally posted by Tailz2k7

If the highway robbery that took place during the "Pre-Order 90$ year later beta" didn't get your attention...

followed by the gold duping....

followed by the hacking....

followed by GM interfearence in player sieges...

followed by interfearence by Henrick in clan wars...

I doubt this will do anything for you.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/298106/GM-interferes-with-player-siege.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/298204/Were-worried-about-GM-conduct-What-about-the-CEO-himself-.html

Nuff said.

Good point... these new allegations need to be taken in the context of the prior issues of abuse as well.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

Holy shit, he was telling the truth he released an new Video of the Mods Exposed Part 4!

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Why does Henrik keep Discord on as a GM if he "false banned" someone multiple times??? 

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Originally posted by Anubisan

Originally posted by ShortyBible

Why would anyone continue to do business with this company is beyond me. I spent $75.00 USD to preorder the Limited Edition and have never received a working client on DVD/CD what I payed for. I refused to download 10 to 12 gigs seeing that I payed for the client on media.  They also took away my 30 days play time I payed for.

This has been a corrupt outfit from the inception and will continue to be. Nothing that they do would surprise me.

Too bad their behavior has impact on other Indy companies as I would never preorder another game.

This is a ridiculous argument. Pretty much every MMO requires you to download huge patches after installing the game from the CD/DVD. The only thing different about MO is the fact that the game that was shipped on their CD/DVD did not properly patch itself to the working version of the game. I admit that this is a pretty poor show for a gaming company, but you have to remember that this is a group of indy developers with extremely limited resources. It does not indicate corruption...

You obviously did not even read what this person said.  I also paid 75 dollars and recieved NOTHING in return, when I purchased the pre-order limited edition.  I was supposed to recieve a box with a bunch of goodies inside, also the cd/dvd media with the game client on it.  I agree with this person.  This company was two-faced from the get go, and that is why I didn't play longer than a couple weeks.  Well, that and the fact that the game was not even alpha worthy in my opinion.  I purchased a service from them, they never delivered.

People aren't attempting to just discredit a game, they are trying to discredit an entire gaming development company because of their backhanded practices.  And well deserved.

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

Sad day Mortal Online, sad day indeed.

What has Happened? Im banned from IRC

Originally posted by DreCat11

What has Happened? Im banned from IRC

Is your forum or IRC handle the same as the one you used here?  If so... I'd guess they didn't like the fact that you posted the link to the video that exposed the CEO with his own Private Message to the hacker confirming that they were giving him boatloads of books/items and gold...

Feel free to discuss in the other thread on the Censorship

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/315710/CM-declares-even-tighter-moderation-on-the-official-forums.html

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

link please

Holy shit, he was telling the truth he released an new Video of the Mods Exposed Part 4!

I believe the PM shown from Henrik really is the ultimate proof that the situation is pretty much as described in the OP video.  The GM was giving this "permabanned" hacker a ton of gold and items on an alt account to bring him up to where his "banned" account was, but they didn't want the public to know.  It's all right there to read, from the head honcho himself.

It's simply amazing that not only was this "permabanned" guy allowed to publicly use other accounts and sign his "Russian" tag to his posts for months, but the CEO and moderation team was plainly aware of it.. then the icing is actually passing the "permabanned" hacker tons of gold and items.

That stinks so bad I can smell it from across the Atlantic.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I believe the PM shown from Henrik really is the ultimate proof that the situation is pretty much as described in the OP video.  The GM was giving this "permabanned" hacker a ton of gold and items on an alt account to bring him up to where his "banned" account was, but they didn't want the public to know.  It's all right there to read, from the head honcho himself.

It's simply amazing that not only was this "permabanned" guy allowed to publicly use other accounts and sign his "Russian" tag to his posts for months, but the CEO and moderation team was plainly aware of it.. then the icing is actually passing the "permabanned" hacker tons of gold and items.

That stinks so bad I can smell it from across the Atlantic.

I agree the last Russian Video shows that Henrik knew about the items being forked over and whanted it to be hush hush.  Even if he was perma banned multiple times on accident ( How the hell does that happen and the gm doing it not fired?) You should not be let back in the game and given tons of gold and books. 

If I were the person in charge I would of just gave him a fully skilled character (if the false perma banning were true) Not thousands of gold and thousands of gold in books. 

This really shows that the game is corrupt at a high level. 

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

I dont know why anyone is suprised about this. I was saying this ~6-8 months ago. Nobody can be permabanned in MO - it is enough to send a PM to Henrik/Sebastian/Discord, get a good story together, threaten a bit, and youre unbanned.

Russian is probably the one cheater in Mortal who holds no.1 on the list of "how many times have you been permabanned". It's now in double-digits, closing on triple-digits.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Sadly, I've watched this episode of The Dead Zone before (or Medium or countless other shows)  This is the one where a bomb gets planted / deadly virus released, etc. and at the end we find out that person doing it is just concerned about everyone's safety and is trying to point out the flaws in the system.

Seriously though, it rings a bit hollow that  Russian goes on about how great Sebastian and Henrick are, and he just wants to reveal how corrupt Discord is. If he is so concerned about Henrick's privacy that he blocks out some of this provate message, why reveal the PM at all?

At this point, what Russian has showed / told us is 1) That numerous other players accuse him of cheating  2) That he has been banned multiple times and that on review it was decided that the ban was not justified [most likely because of  #1  3) He got a PM from Henrick noting that at some  time in the past (at least two months ago and probably closer to launch) he MAY HAVE (note the "?" at the end of the first sentence in Henrick's PM) been given some items in compensation for things getting deleted when he was banned 4) he was able to make an account with a different name and "unknown" handed him a bunch of stuff.

Now he has video up where he is using this thread as evidence of some of his complaints, so it strikes me that the logic supporting some of his complaints is getting circular.

Originally posted by osmunda

Sadly, I've watched this episode of The Dead Zone before (or Medium or countless other shows)  This is the one where a bomb gets planted / deadly virus released, etc. and at the end we find out that person doing it is just concerned about everyone's safety and is trying to point out the flaws in the system.

Seriously though, it rings a bit hollow that  Russian goes on about how great Sebastian and Henrick are, and he just wants to reveal how corrupt Discord is. If he is so concerned about Henrick's privacy that he blocks out some of this provate message, why reveal the PM at all?

At this point, what Russian has showed / told us is 1) That numerous other players accuse him of cheating  2) That he has been banned multiple times and that on review it was decided that the ban was not justified [most likely because of  #1  3) He got a PM from Henrick noting that at some  time in the past (at least two months ago and probably closer to launch) he MAY HAVE (note the "?" at the end of the first sentence in Henrick's PM) been given some items in compensation for things getting deleted when he was banned 4) he was able to make an account with a different name and "unknown" handed him a bunch of stuff.

Now he has video up where he is using this thread as evidence of some of his complaints, so it strikes me that the logic supporting some of his complaints is getting circular.

#1, #2, #3, #4 - If he was "permabanned"... multiple times...  why was he allowed to blatantly have other accounts?  For the record.. the account that he got the PM from (and you would assume the character transfer) was named Airbender..  and was an active account as of a few days ago (probably still is).   Then apparently the "bunch of stuff" was carte-blanche to be given whatever he wanted as he is seen telling  the GM to give him other stuff.. and of course the 7,000 gold (7K!!! HOLY CRAP BATMAN.  CAN I HAS 7K gold and all skillbooks plz!?!?)

Just look at the conversation.  Henrik is going to let him back into the game (because he needs the subs), and pay the guy off (because he needs the subs), But it needs to be on a new account because, in Henrik's words "people outside this would wounder why and how you could get back in the game again when you were banned"  (AKA.. he needs THEIR subs too so let's hide what we are doing)

Apparently there are further conversations coming in part 5...  should be a good read.

PS: The video focused on the chatlog from IRC with the GM in question...

Not only do the videos show corruption, but also favortism.  If I were playing a game and the CEO himself pulled special people (Basshunter) and told him info, and then said "don't tell anyone".  I would stop playing that game.  And then that person went and told his guild even tho the CEO said "don't tell anyone".   Like I said it seems Henrik is u8sing this game as his school yard and certian people are the cool kids and get the info and everyone else has to wait.

@ slapshot:

The private message I was referring to was the one on the MO office forum from Henrick @ 4:09 in "Russian's Story (Mortal Online Mods Exposed Update) Part 4"

From the reference to Maerlyn, he is obviously referring to events at least 2 months ago, and I suspect from "it was a bit chaotic at that time" that Henrick is referring to just after launch. 

@ slapshot:

The private message I was referring to was the one on the MO office forum from Henrick @ 4:09 in "Russian's Story (Mortal Online Mods Exposed Update) Part 4"

From the reference to Maerlyn, he is obviously referring to events at least 2 months ago, and I suspect from "it was a bit chaotic at that time" that Henrick is referring to just after launch. 

Russian started playing again at the free trial, and that happened a couple months ago.  Henrik could of meant that was "a bit chaotic" (starting of the Free Trial).  From all the reading Russian was not perma banned at release but a couple months after.    I believe that the free trial is about the same time the old CM left as well right?  

@ slapshot:

And this means absolutely ZERO... as his account was still active as of a few days ago when he was posting on their forum.  This guy was supposed to have been permabanned.. multiple times... yet was freely posting on the forums under different account stating who he was.   Simply scroll back up to where I link a few of his 'Hi I'm Russian" posts.

So they KNEW that a guy who was "permabanned" was playing on other accounts... and then the icing on the cake is giving him 7,000 GOLD and all those items.. and Henrik stating they were doing it this way because other customers would be mad to find out he was still playing.   THAT is the coverup.  This is so shady on multiple levels:

1.  Perma-Banned player allowed to continue playing on other accounts with the full knowledge of the staff

2.  GM handing 7,000 gold and a ton of items to said player

3.  Henrik clearly stating that they were doing it this way because other players would be mad to know he was back in game and/or receiving free stuff. (AKA the coverup)

4.  This is NOT an isolated incident.  Taken in the context of all the previously documented issues (including an Email to a former GMfrom the former CM  that specifically addressed this player) it's an obvious pattern.

This is simply indefensible

Completely agree. And it is quite a load of bull that of people don't support MO, there wont be any groundbreaking games. MO is not groundbreaking, it is a copy/cut of a game that was released 10 years ago packed in Unreal engine for shiny graphics.

Woo-hoo, big groundbreaking deal.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647
    Originally posted by cirsyndic

Completely agree. And it is quite a load of bull that of people don't support MO, there wont be any groundbreaking games. MO is not groundbreaking, it is a copy/cut of a game that was released 10 years ago packed in Unreal engine for shiny graphics.
    Woo-hoo, big groundbreaking deal.

"there is nothing new under the sun."

Edit:ok, maybe I'm being disingenuous... Then again, so are you if you don't see the fundamental differences in gameplay and setting between UO and MO.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by funkmastaD

"there is nothing new under the sun." Edit:ok, maybe I'm being disingenuous... Then again, so are you if you don't see the fundamental differences in gameplay and setting between UO and MO.

Yeh, the fundamental difference is that UO is more fun ;P

@ slapshot

I think two events (or one event and somehting that may not have happened) are being conflated. 

1)  Part 2 (in which unknown hands him 7k gold) ---  recorded  may 24 2011 

" I envision that discord answer back to Henrick will be 'Gradius did this all'  'he will tell Henrick it was all Gradius' "

Part 1 (apparently same events) "Henrick doesn't know about this"

He claims that Henrick has no knowledge of the GMs behavior

2) Part 4:  Henrick 's private message May 26th : "Ok, so there is a char Russian with a lot of stuff on that got [wiped], and this was recreated on your new char?"

Henrick is not ackowledging that Russian had been given 7k gold, he is trying to clarify what Russian is claiming happened. So we can't take Henrick's statement as admission of giving 7k gold to Russian.

Russian is apparently claiming that he was given things in compensation for his account being banned at least 2 months ago (Maerlyn being involved in the discussion) and most likely long before that since he didn't play from October through the end of February) http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/59451-russian-looking-place-settle-down.html The fledgeling flag was only added in November http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55622-patch-notes-version-1-31-01-09-a.html ,so the video can't be from before that period when he wasn't playing.  For the "compensation" and the 7k gold  to be the same thing, they would have been compensating him currently for events that happened 6 months ago (at least)

I have to say, I find it much more likely that Russian recently started playing again http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/62147-russian-back.html,  got himself banned, and then rage quit with his other account.

As to getting back in the game, it's simple enough to get 2 credit cards with different names (John Public, John Q. Public, Johnathan Public) The "Airbender" account was registered in June 2009, so detecting the second account would require combing through old accounts, not just screening new ones.

Further, while he may have been "permabanned", I don't recall it ever being said whether banning was per account or per user.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@cirsyndic

A bit off-topic, but I'll bite. The argument that you cite is not specifically about MO, but about independent developers in general. Independent developers are more likely to take chances instead of making retreads of the games that already are out there. They are also more prone to mis-steps (e.g. easily exploited insurance)  If you choose to support Perpetuum instead, I have no objection to that. I do have to wonder though, If you are playing Perpetuum, why do you exclusively post negative things about MO and never post anything on the Perpetuum forums?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russian is clearly following this forum. He could always post on here to clarify things whenever he decides to.  When Henrick refers to "compensation" exactly does that mean ?  When was Russian banned and how many times? Of course, he could already be posting on here for all we know.

Should be kept in mind that he's a bit egocentric, and that he sees everything through that lens. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOFdxMXVzoQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

@cirsyndic

A bit off-topic, but I'll bite. The argument that you cite is not specifically about MO, but about independent developers in general. Independent developers are more likely to take chances instead of making retreads of the games that already are out there. They are also more prone to mis-steps (e.g. easily exploited insurance)  If you choose to support Perpetuum instead, I have no objection to that. I do have to wonder though, If you are playing Perpetuum, why do you exclusively post negative things about MO and never post anything on the Perpetuum forums?

There's a big difference between Mortal devs, and Perpetuum devs. For one, Perpetuum is a released game that actually works. Mortal is a released game that doesn't is still busy with "implementing pickables" as a major feature. Take this for example; Perpetuum devs sanctioned, named and shamed the exploiters. Can you say the same for Mortal?

I'm posting my opinion about MO here because my forum account on their official forums is banned obviously. You can find plenty of my posts on Perpetuum's official forums, quite critical and negative ones and behold! Tis a forum where constructive criticism vanishes.

Perpetuum vs Mortal is no competition. Perpetuum is a polished functional game, Mortal and "polished" in the same sentence is an insult to all MMO's out there.

ROFL.  I have heard that they let Russian back into the game again.. under a new alias.. as long as he stopped making the videos.

Unbelieveable!

Well.. actually.. very believeable... but still amazing.

Can anyone confirm?

Some kind of deal had to be brokered because all the videos are now private.  I hope someone recoreded them.

This discussion has been closed.