Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(MMOExposing) WoW CAT's downfall

124»

Comments

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,392

Originally posted by Unreal024

Originally posted by Golelorn

Apparently, every game on the market right now is bleeding subs. Where are they going?

Outside for the first time in years would be my guess. image

There is going to be a massive demand for sunblock.

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by Unreal024

Apparently, every game on the market right now is bleeding subs. Where are they going?

Outside for the first time in years would be my guess. image

There is going to be a massive demand for sunblock.

Shh.  Blizard will try to put it in the item store.

Kotick will buy some.  Not much sun under that bridge of his.

I just wait til the sun goes down. 

• BillyJimBobBillyJimBob Member Posts: 35

If Blizzard does open a cash store, do you think they'll sell monocles?

Originally posted by BillyJimBob

You mean like the one they already have that sells companion pets and mounts?

Originally posted by byson123

Originally posted by paroxysm

Originally posted by BillyJimBob

You mean like the one they already have that sells companion pets and mounts?

Fail xD blizzard is already selling pets and mounts that you can sell ingame for insane prices and that barely touched the game since most people that whine about it are just forum users. Even so right now i have a sub just to chat ingame i could care less about pve or any of that crap tbh. WoW wont die till they release there new mmo. And now with the new patch alot are returning again.

I think you missed the point of my post.  I just pointed out that they already have a cash shop that sells mounts and pets.  The sticking point of cash shops has always been social items versus items that impact the game or offer things you can't get in game.  WoW already made that mistake once, but later corrected it.  The whole scaling mount issue. 

And honestly, I don't see the point of yours.   You pay to not actually play a game and use it as a glorified chat channel.  But you defend WoW and add that it won't be surpassed by anything but another Blizzard game.  Not sure where you were going with that.  Lastly, the patch for US dropped today.  Today.  Little early to start claiming subscriber come backs.  That also doesn't encompass european subs.  Premature.

• PorlekPorlek Member Posts: 9

It seems to me that the vast majority of people prefer PvE to PvP anyway and I doubt that WoW's PvP was in any way responsible for it's success.  Look at the amount of PvP servers being turned into PvE servers - there's a reason people like to quest and not creep around being ganked every 5 minutes.

Resilience seems a perfectly good idea to me and hasn't ruined PvP at all.  The more you play PvP then the more high resilience gear you can buy with honor points.  Anyone going into BG's for the first time can gear up first by either crafting themselves PvP gear or by buying some in the auction house.  The reward for doing PvP is being able to save for better high resilience gear.  I see nothing wrong with that.

If I could suggest one idea to improve PvP in the wider WoW world then it would be to actually have reputation with the factions reduced each time a player kills an opposing faction player that is more than two levels below him.  This would perhaps allow better questing on PvP servers, knowing that if you are questing then you won't be stalked by some psycho rogue level 85 who gets his kicks from repeatedly wiping out lone level 20's.  It is a dishonourable act and losing rep would be perfectly logical.

• Cataclysm ruined pvp, pve, raiding and everything else.  It brought alot of great inovations but ruined more then it fixed.  R.I.P. WoW  you will be missed.

• ShazkneeShazknee Member Posts: 81

WoW's lack of success atm is pretty obvious.

You're doing exactly the same thing now that you did ever since they released vanilla.

There havent been a single content addition of quality added to the game ever since it launched (I'm not talking a new raid or w/e, but actual new content)

WoW is about 1 thing, get the gear to advance, and that's all there ever was to the game, they've had YEARS to throw in player housing, guild housing, update their crafting model so it's harder than what a trained monkey can do, create exploration worthy sized zones, etc etc etc.

They lack creativity, bigtime, "oi look, you get to kill Ragnaros! again!!" wupdifeckindoo, laughable...

Add how they complete killed the small amount of "depth" when they reduced the talent tree's to fool proof, they were lazy, heck they did it to keep things simple and make balancing easier, but there are still people who couldnt give a rats ass about their dps output, and the classes are still balanced like shit, next up is an autopilot, watch while your computer plays the game the way Blizzard want players to experience it.

Bottom line is, raids is what you're going to get, and that's it, farm firelands for 6 months, then farm the next raid and then wait for the next expansion to do more linear quests a'la Cata and do it all over again.

WoW really turned into the mcdonalds of mmo's, now go and buy some ingame pet's and mounts from their online store, you know you want them!

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Originally posted by mrcalhou

... the FACT is that WoW DOES control the great majority of subscriptions to the point that it can be like saying that the sun has more mass than all the other objects in the solar system put together.

What is this so-called "sun" you speak of?

PS: WoW was never  a good game, it was a great Virtual Skinner Box though, apparently Blizzard added too much cheese.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

Originally posted by fallonfallon

This hating on WoW has gotten so old ! If your unhappy with the changes and the direction wow is going than dont play the damn game. Its as simple as that! You want to express your opinion about WoW , but guess what? Its nothing we havent heard time in time again over and over! Maybe you secretly want blizzard to see how upset you are and hope they change things.. idfk.

Im not happy with plenty of games , but i dont go rant and troll on every forum about it. I just dont play it..

I know i cant control the trolls and whiney a$$es from doing it..It will happen regardless of what i type or say , but man cmon!

dont you guys ever get tired of making discussions about how wow sux? at least 2 times a day somebody is trolling the WoW forums. Discussing how bad it sux or how bad the game is becoming.

Its like ...you either love WoW, or you love to hate WoW!

So heres my opinion....MOVE ON ! NOBODY REALLY CARES IF YOU LOVE OR HATE WOW !

I promise we will not lose any sleep over it !

1.  Realise that you answered your own question on why people make these posts.  People complain because they want change.

2.  Realise your epiphany for others should have told you how you should best handle all these "whiny" posts you despise so but can't seem to stop reading.  "MOVE ON ! NOBODY REALLY CARES IF YOU LOVE OR HATE" those posts.  If you don't like them, quit reading and responding to them.  "I promise we will not lose any sleep over it !"

3.  Realise your opinion is of no greater importance than theirs to Blizzard no matter what TV and social media tells you as otherwise.

4.  Have a nice day.

[edit]  Took out all the wasted space of your post that I quoted. [/edit]

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I went back to try Cataclysm and leveled up a new character . I was disapointed with the revamp of the old world . To me it did'nt live upto the hype . Leveling had been made far too easy and the game seamed to lack any challenge anymore . I still enjoyed the battlegrounds though but they were the one part of the game that had any semblance of the game I enjoyed playing 6 years ago . I got the impression WoW had become essential a raid based mmo and because it was so easy to level by doing them now that very few people actually bothered to quest anymore . This made the game seam unpopulated outside of the citys .Also I think instant teleporting to dungeons ,raids and battlegrounds pretty much killed world pvp . Such things would have been good had they been confined to pve servers as it destroyed pvp ones . I did'nt like restrictions placed on customisation either . I would love to return to WoW if Blizzard ever offered advanced difficulty servers removing a lot of the content that has watered it down so badly . I've found myself in RIFT these past few months which while not exactly what I'm looking for (because it copies many of the things I don't like about WoW these days) is a more enjoyable game .

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

For me the final straw was once I got to 85 it just sort of hit me that the only end game they really put any effort into is raiding and frankly that is one feature in mmos I have never been able to stand just by what it turns into. The same people you level with and have a great time with turn into pricks worthy of sterilization as soon as they start raiding.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I still wonder how Blizz could fail that bad with Cata...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2