Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Rifts

2»

Comments

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

I think the key difference for GW2 relative to Rift is that the major quest events for GW2 are scaled to difficulty based upon the number of people actively participating in the major quest fight, whereas Rift it is scaled in difficulty depending upon how many are in the zone.  So, if a lot of people in the Rift zone don't participate, then basically you're screwed. 

You could see this as a positive or a negative.  Since I mentioned the negative, the positve aspect is that it does force you to try to socialize and group up to push back the Rift.  If the majority of people don't want to defend then the world changes, which is probably how it should be in a realistic setting. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Xasapis

Originally posted by rojo6934

i think the problem with Rift's "dynamic events" is that instead of being actually dynamic, they are more repetitive. That makes them kind of boring after some time.   just my opinion based on the experience i had

Dynamic in anything without AI is impossible. Everything is scripted, it all depends on how elaborate that scripting is so it fools you to believe that it is "random". Eventually however, no matter how elaborate the coding is, the human mind will see through the pattern.

Expect to have the same experience in GW2 or any other MMO for that matter. Only players can do totally random stuff and even then the majority is not smart or fast enough to adapt and improvise.

this is very true and as much as we dont want to it will happen with GW2 eventually, but Rift made it to obvious your mind stops being fooled after lets say,  doing a couple of hours of "different" events