Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Started Today

Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I didnt receive a beta invite but signed up for a general account on Gamers First, downloaded the client and am playing. I noticed that others are also.  Guess the open beta that was scheduled to begin tomorrow, has begun.

Comments

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

ok, trying to sign up, but what is the difference between "Gamer ID" and "Nickname"?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Where did you find the client?

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

their "create an account" (Gamersfirst) website is FUBAR!.

It won't even let me see that web page anymore...keep getting the error "unhandled error" and an empty white page.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Yep same problem here... the screen will not load up.

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

So i create an account, download their game manager, run it... when i click to download APB, it crashes.

Not sure why it prompts me to create an account directly after creating an account to download the damn manager.

This is a bad sign.

Also...aparently gamersfirst is K2 networks....saw what they did to KO....this is a VERY bad sign.

If you guys were worried about APB being hack ridden before, K2 networks all but gurantees the hackers and cheaters will only be outnumberd by the amount of gold farmers and bots...this is a terrible sign.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Just a quick FYI, on saturday, they were getting 250 applications a second. I suspect their web servers have met their match now that it is "officially" open.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

It's kind of stupid that they don't have a client download available on their official website, I had to google for mine.

I ended up finding it here. This is the CBT version but it still works.

It seems to be updating fine for me at the moment although it's not finished. I'll update if something goes wrong. If it works I won't update, I'll be playing. :P

I just had to share this thing that popped up in the opening credits when I started APB:Reloaded.

It made me laugh so hard.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Doesn't matter Open Beta or not unless major changes have came we might as well say.

R.I.P APB Reloaded because.

1. The ammount of hackers from those two cheat websites on google are at an all time, and there are quite a few people using them claiming it to be skills but I can tell the difference between a hacker and a Legit player yet Gamers First does nothing about hackers, and all they care about is the cash in their pockets, and say well show me proof of a hack how do you do that when the hack is client side and the person is Stealthy.

2. The Gun Rental system is just seriously messed up because G1 Rents guns out on 10 days, yet they have not had any talks from what I have seen about giving perm weapons back, and this just doesn't make much sense, as it seems G1 is asking people to buy  guns from their G1 Market, which should I say this game will be about who has the most RL money in their pockets to buy the skills to play APB, anyways those who don't use Aimbot.

G1 Has really crap customer service as well, and I talk from experience because I forgot my login information and G1 would not help recover my account even after spending over $100 on their service and said I had to pay premium to get help when I couldn't even get into my account to really change my password because I forgot my secret question.

Anyways APB-R is full of nothing but Trolls, and /b/.

Enjoy the sight of swas**kas, and Pedo Bears all over again in APB Reloaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2-_ifBl5eo&feature=related Game of Skill or hacks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZv9-otEdOo Has anyone seen this video of people using hacks, or any players playing like this in APB? A Game of Skill? I think not, and wow perfect aim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq5Wioq7RYI&feature=related O.o?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOi02GvWPMg&feature=related Did I hear turn on your hacks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh8NLz-JPJ4&feature=related for Lulz

Gamers First has yet to do anything about these stupid cheaters, and community groups that are constantly updating hacks to cheat the game.

G1 Please release a game without hacks, and without screwing over its customers.

• Dorko2kDorko2k Member Posts: 107

the game is exactly the same as it was when it originally released. hackers & all. the only thing that has changed is the 10 duration on weapons like the above poster mentioned & they rebalanced some of the weapons. notice I said "rebalanced" & not fixed. if this game survives this time it'll only be because its f2p.

driving around hanging out the window shooting your guns at people & blasting your own music is pretty awesome. for like 5 minutes & then you realize thats as deep as the game goes. Then it just becomes repetitive & you have to put up with the sploiters, awful match-making system, occasional lag & unbeatable defenders with single choke point roof tops.

Originally posted by Renoaku

Doesn't matter Open Beta or not unless major changes have came we might as well say.

R.I.P APB Reloaded because.

1. The ammount of hackers from those two cheat websites on google are at an all time, and there are quite a few people using them claiming it to be skills but I can tell the difference between a hacker and a Legit player yet Gamers First does nothing about hackers, and all they care about is the cash in their pockets, and say well show me proof of a hack how do you do that when the hack is client side and the person is Stealthy.

2. The Gun Rental system is just seriously messed up because G1 Rents guns out on 10 days, yet they have not had any talks from what I have seen about giving perm weapons back, and this just doesn't make much sense, as it seems G1 is asking people to buy  guns from their G1 Market, which should I say this game will be about who has the most RL money in their pockets to buy the skills to play APB, anyways those who don't use Aimbot.

G1 Has really crap customer service as well, and I talk from experience because I forgot my login information and G1 would not help recover my account even after spending over $100 on their service and said I had to pay premium to get help when I couldn't even get into my account to really change my password because I forgot my secret question.

Anyways APB-R is full of nothing but Trolls, and /b/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2-_ifBl5eo&feature=related Game of Skill or hacks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZv9-otEdOo Has anyone seen this video of people using hacks, or any players playing like this in APB? A Game of Skill? I think not, and wow perfect aim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq5Wioq7RYI&feature=related O.o?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOi02GvWPMg&feature=related Did I hear turn on your hacks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh8NLz-JPJ4&feature=related for Lulz

Gamers First has yet to do anything about these stupid cheaters, and community groups that are constantly updating hacks to cheat the game.

G1 Please release a game without hacks, and without screwing over its customers.

Sounds pretty typical of K2 networks...was hoping with the name change came a change of how they ran business...

...wait....the only permanant weapons are cash shop items?

No Cash Shop weapons are not perm, but again K2 networks, or G1 are totally stupid.

They gave people Rental weapons that expire in 10 days Reguardless of your play to get people to buy cash shop Weapons which last for 30 days and up, and those too expire even when not playing or logged into the game.

They have yet had no talk about giving back the option to buy perm weapons, and I really can't play a game with guns that expire I would rather save up my money and buy perm guns, sure they should give an option to rent guns for X- Number of days, or hours of use like in S4 League, but they should have a drop down menu that says Buy weapon Perm as well.

On top of that they offer the Monthly Fee for 799 GC credits I think it is, and to add above 3 tatts to your character for any reason you must pay them a monthly fee just to do that, and characters that weer imported over or already have the above tatoo on them for any reason can't remove or change any until they decrease below 3 this is another rip off by G1.

As far as G1 Shop.

The G1 Shop should have a list of all weapons in the shop, and the players that buy these weapons should be able to choose what upgrades they want on their weapon, and it expires in X- number of days they buy it for, or hours of use or something, but the higher upgrades you choose the higher the cost, and such this way people can easily choose which gun they want and which upgrades they want instead of G1 Choosing for people and at the same time there is no need to spam the cash shop, yet G1 Doesn't think of this.

No ability to send money to your other characters on your account, and no shared bank either, this is really lame of G1 to do this is something else I never said here but it is on YouTube as well.

G1 has totally ruined APB from what it once was, at least back when RTW first released APB it only went down because of hackers, and RTW's stupid mistakes like Punk Buster without telling its customers and then hey Guise supprise we put spyware on your computer without telling you, and all their mistakes that ruined APB, but beyond that this was the only problem with RTW, now G1 has it and they have screwed it up big times in the name of Greed, and do nothing about the hacks.

If APB were my game right now All the cheating sites would be closed down, as I would get court orders for such, and if they did not listen I would do what sony did and get court orders to everyone using my hack within X-Number of days after giving all the hackers one week to quit using so that their privacy isn't violated like sony did, and not only that but I would have every single cheater a complaint with their ISP never to use the game again.

At the same time I would not be screwing over its customers like G1 is doing currently, and it would be a better game than RTW, and G1 are making the game, but no G1 has to just ruin a perfectly good game which could have been the future of gaming, I guess now we just have to wait 5 more years until a new game comes out or something unless they really get on the move to fix all their mistakes and fast.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

I just had to share this thing that popped up in the opening credits when I started APB:Reloaded.

Why does people losing their jobs make you laugh?  Oh thats right... you think you're entitled to things that you're actually not entitled to.

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Why does people losing their jobs make you laugh?  Oh thats right... you think you're entitled to things that you're actually not entitled to.

Get over yourself, they deserved to lose their jobs in the first place because they never fixed a single thing. They just sat around the office all day drinking martinis after release.

That being said, I have to confirm that this game is exactly the same as before.
    - Latency so high that it's impossible to drive or play properly
    - 32-bit OS users are still constrained to extremely ugly graphics
    - Where's the freakin' matchmaking system they promised us?
    - Sniper rifles still 1-shot you
    - Aimbotters everywhere
    - Vehicle griefers everywhere
    - Weapons still imbalanced, the early weapons require an entire clip unloaded point-blank to kill anybody, higher tier can 1-4 shot across the street
    - Enforcers ALWAYS win

I'm extremely disappointed and saddened. To think I actually had high hopes for this release.

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

I can't get the client to work for the life of me; one problem after another.

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

I have a little left on my update for the game but the launcher keeps having an error!

Full Sail University - Game Design

Originally posted by Bainwalker
    I have a little left on my update for the game but the launcher keeps having an error!

Don't bother, refer to my post above. Just delete it and move on.
  • a7folda7fold Member UncommonPosts: 59

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Get over yourself, they deserved to lose their jobs in the first place because they never fixed a single thing. They just sat around the office all day drinking martinis after release.

That being said, I have to confirm that this game is exactly the same as before.

- Aimbotters everywhere

- Weapons still imbalanced, the early weapons require an entire clip unloaded point-blank to kill anybody, higher tier can 1-4 shot across the street

- Enforcers ALWAYS win

I'm extremely disappointed and saddened. To think I actually had high hopes for this release.

I am going to have to agree with everything said here. The game is still a mess and it saddens me. The game has so much potential to be great but they just won't fix the small things. The whole 32 bit OS thing really is what irks me the most, I mean come on your saying I have to buy a 64 bit OS just so I can run the game decently enough to shoot people... learn some programming.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

1. Is grossly overstated. The number of people accused of hacking Vs the number of people really hacking is massive. People Ghosting for teams & giving them intel on Vent is a problem but definitely not a hack, it is however a bannable offence. Punkbuster is kinda working now, not sure what they longterm plan is to deal with the hackers they do find, F2P is bad for that Crime Craft is still plagued by hacks too although again there is often more QQ'ing about hackers than actual hackers active on the server.

2. Yeah I cant say I am a gun rental fan, that said its pretty easy to make ingame cash to rent guns. The main reason I dont like the rental system is its costly to maintain a flexible arsenal so I can switch SMG to AR to Sniper to shotgun to LMG to grenade launcher when I need to. They all expire after 10 days regardless of use which IMHO sucks. Ive suggested a fix for this on the forums:

Basically every weapon has a limited number of rounds it can fire before it breaks you hit the round limit on a weapon it cannot be used any longer without paying again. The way I wanted it to work was:

- Buy weapon which shows how many rounds it can fire which I sall call X.

- Use weapon, the total count for X goes down each time it is used and is visualy indicated on the weapon.

- After X number of round has been fired weapon breaks and cannot be used.

- Replace weapon.

I have been playing for several months & seen exactly two swastikas, the characters involved have not been sighted since shortly after I noticed them. As for the Pedobear yes there are a few pedobear vans around now :(

All I can say is give the game a chance, my first playsession I hated the game and decided I was done playing. However a few days later I got on, got into a group and made some great contacts on the server who I now play with/against regularly and it is great fun. The New Threat Calculation system that was implemented last week is a massive step in the right direction & the new matchmaking system that uses this should be online tonight which will again be another massive step in the right direction.

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

I didnt receive a beta invite but signed up for a general account on Gamers First, downloaded the client and am playing. I noticed that others are also.  Guess the open beta that was scheduled to begin tomorrow, has begun.

Yeah it started a day earlier than advertised, I noticed there was a flood of people into multiple tutorial districts suddenly on Sunday afternoon my time which made it obvious it had begun.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by TheCrow2k

All I can say is give the game a chance. . .

I agree.  Hackers are active in every multiplayer game, and if that's anyone's issue, then you should not be playing multiplayer games.

The changes with APB is a monotinized one, but every F2P game is.  The difference I've experienced in APB Reloaded is that the money side is less pvp influential and more cosmetic and customization influential, perhaps.

I'm going to give this game a chance too. 

-SNIP-

- Aimbotters everywhere

- Enforcers ALWAYS win

Sounds like it has been sometime since you played...... Outdated viewpoints FTW !

- Latency ? where are you playing from ? I Play on the westcoast US server from Australia, My ping is around 190-210 since 2 patches ago, before that I was around 160-180 ping. Either way 200 (which is only 0.2 seconds of delay, you miss more of the game when you blink) is perfectly playable, no noticeable steering delay on vehicles and no odd combat anomalies. The East coast server is also now physically on the east coast and East coast US players pings are about 60 now.

- 32-bit OS problem was a total bitch until 2 patches ago where they fixed up texture compression. Textures now look good on 32 bit windows (I play from a 32 bit desktop and a 64bit lapptop) however my poor dual core processor on my desktop means theres some static object pop in the game when driving at high speed.

- Matchmaking change is in the patch rollout in the next 24hrs. The last week or so has been spent testing to the new Player Threat Level Calculator which was needed to replace the garbage one that RTW made, now that the TL calculation is better the matchmaking changes will be rolled out.

- I havent been 1 shotted in a long time by a sniper rifle so dunno what your on a bout there.

- Theres lots of claims about aimbotting & hacking everywhere but in my experience for every 50 people accused of being a hacker maybe 1 of them is.

- By vehicle griefer do you mean dumptrucks ? the number of dumptrucks in the game has seriously been reduced as has their ramming damage, its been a month since ive seen anyone killed by a dumptruck griefer where before it was rampant.

- To me weapons are pretty balanced so long as you play to your weapons strenghts. recently SMG's long range damage were nerfed so there was no longer any SMG sniping. If you are unloading a whole clip to kill someone at point blank then that is lag related not weapon related. At medium range the default star A/R will drop a player with 3 x 2-3 on round bursts (if you spray full auto your doing ti wrong) at close range 3-5 rounds gets the job done, unless the person is using kevlar in which case it takes 2-4 rounds more depending on the level of kevlar. It sounds more likely to me that your lag is the issue.

- The statement "Enforcers ALWAYS win" is complete fantasy. Recent example is our Criminal group racked up a 10 mission win streak last night soo yeah...... enforcers always win indeed, this may have been your experience but it has no basis in reality and in my months of testing I have never found the game biased toward one side (although some mission objectives do favour one team, but each faction has their easy & hard missions).

-SNIP-

They have yet had no talk about giving back the option to buy perm weapons, and I really can't play a game with guns that expire I would rather save up my money and buy perm guns, sure they should give an option to rent guns for X- Number of days, or hours of use like in S4 League, but they should have a drop down menu that says Buy weapon Perm as well.

-SNIP-

Not that it really affects me because I am only interested in APB as F2P but Neume has stated on the closed beta forums that there will be permenant weapons available for purchase in the cash shop (using a pricing system similar to that in WAR Rock) BUT they will only be the weapons that are available for rental in the game to players for ingame cash, which to me seems much fairer. The Special modded 30 day weapons in ARMAS cash shop will remain 30 day rentals only.

So basically you will be able to buy say the Ntec permenantly using G1 credits however it is the same weapon that any player can rent for 10 days with ingame cash. If you want the tricked out Ntec with the wooden stock you will need to hire it in 30 day increments which is good because the weapon cannot be hired with ingame currency.

That said I still wish they would replace weapon hire with a wear and tear system instead, it woudl mean weapons break when and as they are used instead of just expiring after an arbitrary number of days regardless of how much you used it.

-SNIP-

- Aimbotters everywhere

- Enforcers ALWAYS win

Sounds like it has been sometime since you played...... Outdated viewpoints FTW !

- Latency ? where are you playing from ? I Play on the westcoast US server from Australia, My ping is around 190-210 since 2 patches ago, before that I was around 160-180 ping. Either way 200 (which is only 0.2 seconds of delay, you miss more of the game when you blink) is perfectly playable, no noticeable steering delay on vehicles and no odd combat anomalies. The East coast server is also now physically on the east coast and East coast US players pings are about 60 now.

- 32-bit OS problem was a total bitch until 2 patches ago where they fixed up texture compression. Textures now look good on 32 bit windows (I play from a 32 bit desktop and a 64bit lapptop) however my poor dual core processor on my desktop means theres some static object pop in the game when driving at high speed.

- Matchmaking change is in the patch rollout in the next 24hrs. The last week or so has been spent testing to the new Player Threat Level Calculator which was needed to replace the garbage one that RTW made, now that the TL calculation is better the matchmaking changes will be rolled out.

- I havent been 1 shotted in a long time by a sniper rifle so dunno what your on a bout there.

- Theres lots of claims about aimbotting & hacking everywhere but in my experience for every 50 people accused of being a hacker maybe 1 of them is.

- By vehicle griefer do you mean dumptrucks ? the number of dumptrucks in the game has seriously been reduced as has their ramming damage, its been a month since ive seen anyone killed by a dumptruck griefer where before it was rampant.

- To me weapons are pretty balanced so long as you play to your weapons strenghts. recently SMG's long range damage were nerfed so there was no longer any SMG sniping. If you are unloading a whole clip to kill someone at point blank then that is lag related not weapon related. At medium range the default star A/R will drop a player with 3 x 2-3 on round bursts (if you spray full auto your doing ti wrong) at close range 3-5 rounds gets the job done, unless the person is using kevlar in which case it takes 2-4 rounds more depending on the level of kevlar. It sounds more likely to me that your lag is the issue.

- The statement "Enforcers ALWAYS win" is complete fantasy. Recent example is our Criminal group racked up a 10 mission win streak last night soo yeah...... enforcers always win indeed, this may have been your experience but it has no basis in reality and in my months of testing I have never found the game biased toward one side (although some mission objectives do favour one team, but each faction has their easy & hard missions).

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

Not that it really affects me because I am only interested in APB as F2P but Neume has stated on the closed beta forums that there will be permenant weapons available for purchase in the cash shop (using a pricing system similar to that in WAR Rock) BUT they will only be the weapons that are available for rental in the game to players for ingame cash, which to me seems much fairer. The Special modded 30 day weapons in ARMAS cash shop will remain 30 day rentals only.

So basically you will be able to buy say the Ntec permenantly using G1 credits however it is the same weapon that any player can rent for 10 days with ingame cash. If you want the tricked out Ntec with the wooden stock you will need to hire it in 30 day increments which is good because the weapon cannot be hired with ingame currency.

That said I still wish they would replace weapon hire with a wear and tear system instead, it woudl mean weapons break when and as they are used instead of just expiring after an arbitrary number of days regardless of how much you used it.

Hey man, that review is basically what im hearing.  Why am i hearing and not seeing with my own eyes? Ive encounted numerous problems trying to create an account, download the game, install the game, and now errors with the patcher.

Eventually ill get in, however, at this point patiences are thin, and even thinner for the publisher, as K2 has never in its entire history done a single thing to combat cheaters/hacks, so i can expect that issue to only get worse. 

I dont mean to rag on your extensive effort to prove that other peoples opinions and experiences are wrong, im just sayin...

Originally posted by strangerdang

-SNIP-

- Aimbotters everywhere

- Enforcers ALWAYS win

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

Hey man, that review is basically what im hearing.  Why am i hearing and not seeing with my own eyes? Ive encounted numerous problems trying to create an account, download the game, install the game, and now errors with the patcher.

Eventually ill get in, however, at this point patiences are thin, and even thinner for the publisher, as K2 has never in its entire history done a single thing to combat cheaters/hacks, so i can expect that issue to only get worse. 

I dont mean to rag on your extensive effort to prove that other peoples opinions and experiences are wrong, im just sayin...

Fair enough, I dont know much about K2 to comment on them, the only other G1 game I have ever tried is 9dragons which was awfull but it meant I already had a gamer first account when beta registrations started a while back. The blog said they were getting 250+ registrations a second the other day so their site is probably just about wrecked.

I had trouble with their crappy patcher/autodownloader/torrent thing (FFS just give me a download link & a list of mirrors) myself when I got my CB activation which would have been in a low traffic time, I imagine its having fits right now as all these new players try to download it for Open Beta.

I was however able to eventually get the game, install it and then rid myself of the crappy updater client and just launch from the APB updater itself. I also copied the client folder to my laptop and it works fine (so if you know someone who has the game files that is an option).

On hacking... well..Having Punkbuster is a big step up from what most F2P games have in that hokey bloody hackshield crap which never does a thing to hackers in my experience, but even with punkbuster it is always a race between the software updates for PB Vs the hackwriters who keep modifying their code. Combatting hackers in F2P is always going to be hard because what is your endgame ? you ban them..... so what ? 5 minutes later they are making a new account and a new character & back to hacking. IP ban is impractical and the mythical "hardware ban" is easily circumvented. There have been some interesting player ideas on "spoiling hackers fun" once they are detected instead of kicking/banning them on the Closed Beta forums but I have yet to see offical word on what G1 plan to do with hackers who get caught.

Hope you get things sorted, paid nothing for APB:R and I am playing it several hours a day (sacrfificng sleep to play) and yet I paid $80 USD for Brink (which is actually a great game, despite the negative press) which I am barely playing simply because I dont have time. 

Okay so this morning I logged into APB and played a few rounds APB itself was okay, and compared to before there were not as many hackers this morning due to the new patch, and the warnings which I found posted on DC, and AA Sites telling people not to use hacks due to detection by Punk Buster, however there are quite a large group of people using these hacks as I saw at least 8 people online at one time on the fourms waiting for okays to use their aimbot/Multihacks.

out of a total of 7 missions there were only two hackers, one of them was using ESP/wall Hacks, and the other one was walking through walls just to piss people off hack.

Game Play issues

1. Only rented Guns for 10 days which totally sucks.

2. No Bank to transfer, or share stuff across characters on your account, and if you purchase things like Weapons, or such with G1C you can't unequip and share across to your other characters, I dont know if it will allow you to mail these or not but what I have been told you can't.

3. No mailing of Gold, and the Market Place itself doesn't allow you to sell guns, or use G1 points unlike RTW.

4. Unbalanced Missions still send people 2 vs 1, 2 vs 3, and some missions which totally suck for example you get stuck in an item grab mission in a 1v1 with no way to call for back up, all the person does is run like a wuss, and so you end up chasing them down in a 5 minute battle for nothing, and in general there are still tons of unbalanced missions where you can do over 3 objectives get to the last part and fail because you loose the last part just because someone kills you and caps really fast which is totally lame.

5. APB Reloaded is still a Arena VS Arena game in 4 v 4 or 8 v 8 combat, there is nothing that impressive about APB really as if I wanted to do arena vs arena combat there are many games out there that have this such as Global Agenda, Crime Craft, Brink & such, while all these games have hacks for it if you spend more than $15 a month in APB this is what you are paying for is an arena based game with a world of 100 players & such.

I hope G1 will make this game worth playing, and honestly its too bad that this game isn't like Saints Row 2, OR SR3 it would be epic then.