Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3? Christmas!?

IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

So,

I have heard many rumors and articles on Blizzard releasing Diablo 3 this Christmas. Lets hope, because I am stoked!

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

It would be in their best interest sales wise.

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

In 2009 Blizzcon they showed previews and leaks, but now it is said to be all a "hold off" so people wouldn't lose interest. Also, Diablo 2 servers are still mid-high capcitated. I know, hard to believe. I was playing the game near a decade ago and its still going. But, yes , it would be good for their product slate. But, I studied up on it and read that Starcraft led above Diablo and below Warcraft, therefore they made Starcraft 2 with a rush.

Even then look at it this way, Warcraft 1, was earliest release, Starcraft was second release and Diablo was in the third release spot.

If we go by that theory, you would say they have no choice but to come out with Diablo 3. Blizzard has even referenced in the past that, it will be made.

They made WoW Cat. Which don't get me wrong, they had too, they were doing it for more keeping the servers alive more than a money maker. 

We look at WoW and see the biggest massive MMO on market . Its crazy, they raise levels bi yearly maybe yearly, just to keep players there or for return. 

But the craziest part is: WoW is P2P , which is crazy with how big it is. But look at consoles, online , p2p. Right?

We can also assume Diablo 3 may change to a whole new format from dungeon , monster fighting and mini quests to a whole quest world with amazing skills and dozens of races. It most likely will. 

But the most important thing is, is it going to be P2P, 90% sure it will be.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by Ifeedtrolls

That's not true at all.

Originally posted by Gemma

That's not true at all.

Why would it not be? It would make their sales crazy, yes, releasing the game itself will probably make a boom in their bank. But to make their online servers P2P would be the sensible thing for blizzard.

They would be rolling in the bills.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

That's not true at all.

I'm 90% sure that we'll have to pay them if we want to play it. :) But yeah it's just a single-player game. No subscription fees.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

That's not true at all.

Why would it not be? It would make their sales crazy, yes, releasing the game itself will probably make a boom in their bank. But to make their online servers P2P would be the sensible thing for blizzard.

Because none of the other Diablo's were P2P.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Good luck with that Christmas release. We'll be lucky enough to get a beta announcement at Blizzcon in October.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

That's not true at all.

Yeah, that plan worked out real well for Hellgate...

SC2 isn't P2P and D3 won't be either. They share battle.net after all.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Its true ,even though battlenet is still rising with D2 and D2LOD fans. I play now and then, the game never gets old. 

• GerethGereth Member Posts: 20

Well with the anouncement that at E3 in june they will be alowing people to play the Closed beta version they have been playing for about 5 months now. There 90% done with the game so a Christams release is not beyond possiable.

PS,

Blizz has said on sevral occasions that Diablo for as lone as it stays in this format will never be pay to play. Now if the IP gose MMO thats another story we can only hope.

Honor, Valor, Truth are in the heart of the true and the one.

- Gereth Deepdale

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Originally posted by Gereth

Well with the anouncement that at E3 in june they will be alowing people to play the Closed beta version they have been playing for about 5 months now. There 90% done with the game so a Christams release is not beyond possiable.

PS,

Blizz has said on sevral occasions that Diablo for as lone as it stays in this format will never be pay to play. Now if the IP gose MMO thats another story we can only hope.

The new MMORPG is an entirely new IP. My concern with D3 is that they fired all of the people that made the previous Diablo games and completely trashed their own, the real, Diablo 3 game years and years ago. My guess is that they are going to get this wrong the same way that they got Starcraft 2 wrong, and for the same fucking reasons. They should have stuck to what they were good at- Warcraft games, and let BNorth handle Diablo.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• KyleSintonKyleSinton Member Posts: 9

In 2009 Blizzcon they showed previews and leaks, but now it is said to be all a "hold off" so people wouldn't lose interest. Also, Diablo 2 servers are still mid-high capcitated. I know, hard to believe. I was playing the game near a decade ago and its still going. But, yes , it would be good for their product slate. But, I studied up on it and read that Starcraft led above Diablo and below Warcraft, therefore they made Starcraft 2 with a rush.

Even then look at it this way, Warcraft 1, was earliest release, Starcraft was second release and Diablo was in the third release spot.

If we go by that theory, you would say they have no choice but to come out with Diablo 3. Blizzard has even referenced in the past that, it will be made.

They made WoW Cat. Which don't get me wrong, they had too, they were doing it for more keeping the servers alive more than a money maker. 

We look at WoW and see the biggest massive MMO on market . Its crazy, they raise levels bi yearly maybe yearly, just to keep players there or for return. 

But the craziest part is: WoW is P2P , which is crazy with how big it is. But look at consoles, online , p2p. Right?

We can also assume Diablo 3 may change to a whole new format from dungeon , monster fighting and mini quests to a whole quest world with amazing skills and dozens of races. It most likely will. 

I am actually still playing D2, lol.

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Over at http://www.diablofans.com/ the admin have been invited to the beta the 27. of juli so beta is pretty much set.

And no it will not be pay to play but there is talk of premium editions of battlenet is going to cost a monthly fee, so they might try and sqeeze som dollars out of us that way around.

And december release is not far fetched at all.. at the last directors meeting they said they aimed for a 2011 release.. but made no assurences.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Gazenthia

Originally posted by Gereth

PS,

The new MMORPG is an entirely new IP. My concern with D3 is that they fired all of the people that made the previous Diablo games and completely trashed their own, the real, Diablo 3 game years and years ago. My guess is that they are going to get this wrong the same way that they got Starcraft 2 wrong, and for the same fucking reasons. They should have stuck to what they were good at- Warcraft games, and let BNorth handle Diablo.

They most likely will go the same route on D3 as they did on Star craft 2 . IE: They are going to milk it for all it is worth, so expect it to be a base game with several expansions all ready in the works that they will release every other year or so as long as they can.

All that said, i still think they are commited to putting out the best games they can as well. Just the gamers will end up paying for more expansions along the way.