Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP nerfs RPers

TyphadoTyphado Member Posts: 177

With the latest patch CCP released a heap of small changes such as simplifying the mission system fixing a few other minor changes that where all pretty good. They also threw this one at us.

The show info page won’t show another players standing to EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE. From now on, it will only display standings relevant to you. This basically limits your ability to be a creepy stalker that keeps an eye on other people’s standings to random agents. It also simplifies the UI.

This caused a couple of seconds lag whenever people opened this as their was wierdness with the default tab that often caused this to open first.

This caused a hell of a lot of problems for RPers and FW groups who use this information almost as much as what your current corp is or your employment history.

To try to give an idea of how important it was for FW (without writing an essay) your only reward for capturing systems is standing, and if you don't have enough standing you get kicked out of FW.

Into the breach meatbags

Comments

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

If you want to roleplay in EvE, then do it oldschool like it was done years ago allready.

Look at 0.0-alliances and all the old pirate-corps like Veto... that's real roleplaying! Not some crap tied to a premade storyline you simply do follow. Write your own stories.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Doesn't affect me, don't care image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Doesn't affect me, don't care

Do you run missions?
    Do you involve yourself with other npc corps/factions (traveling in their space, missioning, high-sec POS, station services, etc)?
    Do you like knowing how dealing with one npc corp/faction will affect others?

Because now you can't!

The latest patch also removed the ability to lookup relationships between npc corps and factions. You are blind now when it comes to knowing where your standings are going to end up.

I can't help but wonder if this is something that CCP didn't think through..

//insert sig here
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Originally posted by Nu11u5

Do you run missions?

Do you involve yourself with other npc corps/factions (traveling in their space, missioning, high-sec POS, station services, etc)?

Because now you can't!

The latest patch also removed the ability to lookup relationships between npc corps and factions. You are blind now when it comes to knowing where your standings are going to end up.

True, but why would anybody accept an unfamiliar mission without checking it out here first?

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Do you run missions?

Because now you can't!

Sadly its for another player not NPC corp. Most NPC corps don't have near the amount of standing information that I do. Even if it does end up affecting NPC corp/faction its really isn't hard to figure out how its going to affect your standing when completing storyline missions. Boost to the faction your working for, smaller boost to its ally (Caldari-amarr, Gal-Minmitar), Penalty to thier enemy (Amarr-Min, Cal-Gal), minor penalty to enemies ally (Caldari-Min, Gal-Amarr). That covers probably a good 85% of mission runners if not more.

• DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by Hazelle

Do you run missions?

Because now you can't!

True, but why would anybody accept an unfamiliar mission without checking it out here first?

They might accept a mission without looking it up on the interent because they want a little surprise... a little adventure.. hell, maybe a little excitement. Not everyone likes to know exactly who or what they are going to fight before they go into it. You know.. "playing the game like it's supposed to be". I, for one, have never been one to use "strategy guide" type things. I like to figure things out for myself.

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by deathtripp

Do you run missions?

Because now you can't!

They might accept a mission without looking it up on the interent because they want a little surprise... a little adventure.. hell, maybe a little excitement. Not everyone likes to know exactly who or what they are going to fight before they go into it. You know.. "playing the game like it's supposed to be". I, for one, have never been one to use "strategy guide" type things. I like to figure things out for myself.

Then that reinforces Kyleran's initial point of how some people aren't affected by this.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mm0wigginsmm0wiggins Member Posts: 270

@deathtripp:

I know exactly what you mean.  I too dislike the overuse of 'strategy guides' and internet walkthroughs, and how-to videos on youtube.   They really do ruin the adventure/mystery/excitement aspect to games lately.   

BUT, once you've run missions enough in EVE, you'll find that there's no more excitement/adventure left, because you've run the same mission 5 times, and all you're trying to do is complete it for your rewards.    At this point, those sites are very helpful because you can't properly fit your ship without knowing who you're going to fight.       People use those mission guides (i do too) because farming missions for isk is just much more reasonable if you know what kind of ship you'll need for each mission.

EVE is not easy.  CCP didn't develop a game for anyone to be able to start a mission, complete it, cash in, rinse and repeat.   These guides were made by players who thought it would be helpful to have this info available to those of us who don't want to lose ships on PVE that's meant to make us money instead of costing us money.

Since there's substantial risks involved with running high lvl missions with the wrong fitted ship, I think mission guides are a decent exception.   

my 2 cents.

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by mm0wiggins

@deathtripp:

I know exactly what you mean.  I too dislike the overuse of 'strategy guides' and internet walkthroughs, and how-to videos on youtube.   They really do ruin the adventure/mystery/excitement aspect to games lately.   

BUT, once you've run missions enough in EVE, you'll find that there's no more excitement/adventure left, because you've run the same mission 5 times, and all you're trying to do is complete it for your rewards.    At this point, those sites are very helpful because you can't properly fit your ship without knowing who you're going to fight.       People use those mission guides (i do too) because farming missions for isk is just much more reasonable if you know what kind of ship you'll need for each mission.

EVE is not easy.  CCP didn't develop a game for anyone to be able to start a mission, complete it, cash in, rinse and repeat.   These guides were made by players who thought it would be helpful to have this info available to those of us who don't want to lose ships on PVE that's meant to make us money instead of costing us money.

Since there's substantial risks involved with running high lvl missions with the wrong fitted ship, I think mission guides are a decent exception.   

my 2 cents.

definitely.. must admit whenever i do missioning i check the mission reports at eve survival guide... i try to keep missioning to a minimum so that i have time to do the 'really fun' stuff.. not that missioning can't be fun.. but it depends on what other things you have planned.. and theres always more to do in Eve...  but.. at least Missioning is more fun than Mining.. beats me how people can have fun doing that.. but they do.. then again.. not everyone finds pvp fun.. so horses for courses etc..  at least in Eve you get to choose how you play the game image

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Since when has role-playing ever been dependent on an in-game mechanic ?

If anything this encourages more roleplaying to actually discover a persons relationship with other entities instead of just 'right-click - read'

If someone wants to know more about my relationship with someone, they can ask me, then I can chose to tell them, lie to them or ask them to mind their own f'kin business.

If anything, this is a boost to role playing.