Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any word on F2P?

I played Beta and I loved the game. However, it's just not the game that warrants $15/mo as there is no way I would play enough to justify that expense. I wouldn't have a problem paying for content as I needed it, but I can't see myself paying monthly. To me, it seems that the game is perfectly suited to a F2P Model, simliar to DDO. 

Has there been any talk about it on their official forums, or in the game? 

I'm not some 15yr old kid who thinks every game should be F2P. This one however, just seems perfectly suited for it being highly casual and a style that alot of people couldn't play every single day.

Comments

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

Not going to happen anytime soon if ever.

$15 isn't much, or pickup the lifetime and never worry about paying again.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

its on station access with eq2,vanguard,swg and others so no f2p.

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

Not going to happen anytime soon if ever.

$15 isn't much, or pickup the lifetime and never worry about paying again.

$15 is way too much for something I may pick up for a couple days once a month, when I have that Action Game itch. 

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274

No F2P. They are going to launch the super server here probably in the next few months. If the super server doesn't even out the population or work then maybe they might make it F2P but not very likely

• biohazardxbwbiohazardxbw Member Posts: 27

i say F2P by 1yr

http://dcuopodcast.podbean.com/

DCUO Podcast @ http://dcuopodcast.podbean.com/

Or iTunes DCUO

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

It's either going f2p or it's shutting down.  It doesn't have the subs to keep going this way for too much longer.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

not even vanguard have switched to F2P Sony would go bankrupt before going F2P... EQ2 is an exception cos it is nowhere near free to play with so many restrictions... games like DCU just arent worth 15/month cos of the lack of content.... paying monthly for single player experience is nuts...