Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It runs good on my cheap Laptop :)

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Hay

Just to let people know.  I had to load Vanguard on my cheap $450 HP Laptop as I'll be traveling for several weeks. 

It has Windows 64 bit 4 Gig of ram, 500g hard drive, and I'm sure a cheap standard video card that I'm not even gonna look up.

I turned all my sliders and settings down and still looked great, and the controls were still a little chunky.  So I changed the game from " Balanced " to " High Performance ".  I must say it now looks a little bland, BUT it plays perfect even in zones that would normally be chunky.

I'm it in for Fun not graphics anyway.......Vanguard is wayyyy more optimized and coded better than EQ2.  EQ2 is a piece of crap in my opinion.

Comments

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

When reinstalling the other day, I was greatly amused by the 7GB download, considered impossibly huge at the time.  Nowadays WoW rolls in at about 25GB, LotRO at 27GB.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by Ardwulf

When reinstalling the other day, I was greatly amused by the 7GB download, considered impossibly huge at the time.  Nowadays WoW rolls in at about 25GB, LotRO at 27GB.

The up-side of never getting an expansion.

• KrilsterKrilster Member Posts: 230

Runs well and it's actually a pretty good game. It's unfortunate hardly anyone plays anymore. :(

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

There are quite a few people that play. I just subbed and got in with a good guild . the game is realy good and has a deep crafting system if thats your thing.if not there is still alot to do between questing fatcion (more factions than I can name) and the diplomacy aspect. People realy need to give this game a chance. that being said The game dose not hold your hand you have to work out the details for your self. so may not be for every one. All in all a truly fun game that lets you do whay you want.

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

If you only have 7gig then you have not got all the game lol. Vanguard is around 19-21gigs.

Originally posted by ArcheAge

If you only have 7gig then you have not got all the game lol. Vanguard is around 19-21gigs.

Quite sure that is not the case, although unpacked it'll be bigger than 7GB.  I'll check the installed footprint when I get home.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I seem to recall the 19GB number.  I'll be curious to see what it is.  Still, that's about average for an MMO nowadays.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Quite sure that is not the case, although unpacked it'll be bigger than 7GB. k the installed footprint when I get home. I'll chec

Well, it's 19.3 gig on my machine.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by CasualMaker

It actually did kind of get an expansion.  Not a retail one, granted, but a pretty massive update with a new raid (and Vanguard raids are huge) level cap increase, AA and substantial new content.  There was very little publicity.

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by CasualMaker

At least do your homework before you make comments you no nothing about.

Originally posted by Sovrath

Quite sure that is not the case, although unpacked it'll be bigger than 7GB. k the installed footprint when I get home. I'll chec

Well, it's 19.3 gig on my machine.

Yeah, upon checking it's the same for me.  Still...  the point is that even at 19GB it doesn't seem so big nowadays.