Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting to play again

quweeequweee Member CommonPosts: 4

Hey all

I've decided now that I have soe time to spend on an mmo this summer, I'm going to start playing EVE.  My question is, i played it a little around christmas this past year but I only had my trail account, I never bought the game.  Is it better if I restart from scratch or should I just reactiveate my trail account and upgrade it so that I have all the skill and ships that I earned in that two week period?

Also just so I'm clear, Incama is going to be a seperate expansion that is coming later this summer and isn't related to the 1.5 patch that is coming out tomorrow correct?

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Did you like the character you had? Did he have a good name or whatever?

If you dont feel any special attachment to him then you might as well get a buddy invite for 21 free days, and start fresh

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• mm0wigginsmm0wiggins Member Posts: 270

Originally posted by Malcanis

Did you like the character you had? Did he have a good name or whatever?

If you dont feel any special attachment to him then you might as well get a buddy invite for 21 free days, and start fresh

This ^

You can't change your avatar's name in EVE... .ever.    Not even with cash.    It's part of the roleplaying in EVE that characters' identity and history be available for all to see.   

Other than that, 14 days is not much at all to dump and start over.   If you do, make sure you choose a name you like, and put some thought into what you want to do in the game.   There's no direction that the game pushes you in, so it's all up to you to decide what your character will want to do in the long run.

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

• quweeequweee Member CommonPosts: 4

I'm pretty happy with my name in EVE.  I was mainly refering to running tutorials or whether or not going throught the new charector creater is worth it.  Can't remember if I made this one beofre or after the new creater came out. 

• Slider7Slider7 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Quweee;

Like both Malcanis and mm0wiggins said in their posts, if you are not really attached to the character that you made on the first try then go ahead and check the Post Trial Invites or Buddy Keys Here thread and ask someone there for a 21-day trial account.

The 14-day trial account from the EvE Online site is okay but it is worth getting the extra 7 days to really get a better handle on the game mechanics and how the game actually plays.

the next expansion is part of the whole package that the EvE Dev's have been pushing out with the incursion patches that have been coming out.  That is another nice reason that I have picked up the game as the expansion doesn't cost anything and it comes with the game.

But, seriously....check out the Post Trial Invites or Buddy Keys Here thread and ask someone to send you a 21-day trial key for the game.  Enjoy and see you in game!

-Slider7

Looking for that next MMO

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Character creating isn't as important as it used to be, so making a new one should be fine.

I'd go for the free 21 day trial and start fresh with all the new tutorials and stuff.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by quweee

I'm pretty happy with my name in EVE.  I was mainly refering to running tutorials or whether or not going throught the new charector creater is worth it.  Can't remember if I made this one beofre or after the new creater came out. 

You'd have to recreate your avatar anyway. You dont have to redo the tutorials if you dont want to - although they are pretty lucrative on the scale of new player operation.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• quweeequweee Member CommonPosts: 4

Thanks for the input all.  I got another buddy key so I think I'm going to start using that one.  I'm sure it can't hurt even if i'm probably going to do the same things I did before since its been a few months.