Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greetings fellow space people

PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Just saying hello from that other space game, Vendetta Online. I've been running into a lot of comparisons between the two recently, on YouTube, this site, and others. I myself have never tried Eve, but my brother played the 14 day trial. I thought I would start this thread as a diplomatic gesture between two communities of space mmos. We both enjoy drifting through and exploring space, so we have that in common.

A primary source of my enjoyment has been writing and designing missions, and then seeing others experience and discuss my work. There is something about being out in space that gives a feeling of depth, expansiveness, and freedom. I personally would have a hard time being convinced to play anything other than VO, but it is a fascinating genre and the fact that both games spawned around the same time and have survived this long is a testament to the need for such games to exist. I think I am somewhat of a unique case, however. I was an alpha tester and constant subscriber, still am.

Anyway, much respect to Eve and to CCP for creating and maintaining a work of art. It's good to see any game that sparks the imagination of people to look skyward.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Comments

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Do they know how to use paragraphs at Vendetta on line? lol

I dont have anything good to say about that game, and yes I gave it as much of a chance as every mmo I try.  So i'll not say anything more :P

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

OP plz go to your mmorpg profile and pick WYSIWYG editor, you will see how the post will look before you hit post

BestSigEver :P

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

I apologize, I initially posted from my phone, the post has been edited.

I've often heard that Eve has 'Chess' like strategy to it in PvP, and I can understand the appeal in that regard.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Phaserlight

I apologize, I initially posted from my phone, the post has been edited.

I've often heard that Eve has 'Chess' like strategy to it in PvP, and I can understand the appeal in that regard.

Well there are so many types of PvP, but yeah that's a decent enough analogy for a first approximation. It's a thinking game for sure.

Give me liberty or give me lasers