Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is Back Superservers ON. Come Back!

sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349

So the game is back everything is working superservers is on the game... i did purchased the game yesterday and i feel so lonely... why? the game seems and feels so good... will i find more ppl in lvl cap zones or it will stay as it is now...ghost town..i think i saw 1 player today and yesterday 3!.... where is everybody? I am at "Looking for trouble" PVP.... maybe i should go elsewhere..? :/

Comments

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

No offense to anyone that actually likes this game, but isn't it made by SONY?  The same company that basically gave away all sorts of confidential information to hackers, like credit card numbers and such, for about 75 million customers by not fixing known electronic security flaws?  I'm sorry, but SONY will not be getting any of my business for a LONG time.  I would say about 2 years AFTER they have fixed themselves and then only if I don't see another major problem like this in the mean time.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

Its gota be costing them more money to keep this game running now than the subs they get, I bought it and wished I hadn't about two months ago now, combat is nice, character creation is better than most, but the single player feeling is way to strong, you don't need other people to blitz through this game.

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349

Originally posted by daemon

I think its dead Jim.

i dunno if it is really dead.... maybe people dont know that is already up and running again... maybe people just being afraid or causious cause of that security fiasco..well it seems dead at moment...I  hope it will change soon.

Btw i saw 3-4 more people today thats about 4-5 different players today ! :p

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by sodade21

Originally posted by daemon

I think its dead Jim.

i dunno if it is really dead.... maybe people dont know that is already up and running again... maybe people just being afraid or causious cause of that security fiasco..well it seems dead at moment...I  hope it will change soon.

Btw i saw 3-4 more people today thats about 4-5 different players today ! :p

Get used to this. This is how it was even before the fiasco. Without a large influx of content to the game, most people won't come back. 45 days free for people to see nothing new won't cut it. That sucks too because I truly love this game and want to see it grow and mature. I'm sure glad I opted not to go with the lifetime here.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by GMan3

No offense to anyone that actually likes this game, but isn't it made by SONY?  The same company that basically gave away all sorts of confidential information to hackers, like credit card numbers and such, for about 75 million customers by not fixing known electronic security flaws?  I'm sorry, but SONY will not be getting any of my business for a LONG time.  I would say about 2 years AFTER they have fixed themselves and then only if I don't see another major problem like this in the mean time.

Security breaches happen in just about every large company, Microsoft, Paypal, you name it and information has likely been stolen from them.  Sony had their network taken down for a time to correct the issue, and that is the reason why people are looking down on sony. Not because a breach happened, but because Sony handled it very poorly.  No other companies stopped their services for any kind of extended period just to correct an issue where Sony did.

That being said,  I came back to the game,  and super server or not the queue times are terrible.  I was on for 4 hours and only had 1 2v2 pop the entire time.  The rest of the time I was dueling in the park with about 10 others.   

With all the changes they've made to combat I've had a steep learning curve,  not to mention just about every one that I dueled had 75+ skill points.. some had over 80.   Me?  I only have 50.  Most of them also had maxed PvP gear and a 97% DPS weapon,  mine?  Low 70s.  

Needless to say I only won a few duels against these people and most of the time it was luck of the draw that my abilities like impaling thorns actually tic'd properly.  The game still has plenty of combat issues,  but I had a little fun at least.

Alllll that being said,  super server or not,  the PC servers are no good.  PS3 servers are more populated, thats for sure, and perhaps its the PS3 servers that will keep this game running.   Its really disappointing,  I bought two face and only had a chance to play with him once in over 12 hours of play time since the servers came back up.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Also, the superservers, megaservers, industrial-strength-Nth metal servers, or whatever they end up being called, are not online yet.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Also, the superservers, megaservers, industrial-strength-Nth metal servers, or whatever they end up being called, are not online yet.

then why i see only 4 servers..? where is the 30 other people have mention??.....

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

then why i see only 4 servers..? where is the 30 other people have mention??.....

Are you on EU servers?  When I log in I see several servers (haven't counted) at least 10.  I'm on U.S. servers

• poupaspoupas Member UncommonPosts: 16

And i see 4 servers in european version

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Are you on EU servers?  When I log in I see several servers (haven't counted) at least 10.  I'm on U.S. servers

I see only 4 on EU so thats why i ashumed it was the new mega servers thingy...well...

• dogdersROCdogdersROC Member UncommonPosts: 21

you know what they say when you ASSUME things. Shouldnt post stuff like this when you only just started playing the game and not sure of what you are talking about. The super servers could be months away and there has no been clarification to the details since the first vague posting about them. They have released some info on the next content pack but I didnt catch any mention of the meld/merge servers issue.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by dogdersROC

you know what they say when you ASSUME things. Shouldnt post stuff like this when you only just started playing the game and not sure of what you are talking about. The super servers could be months away and there has no been clarification to the details since the first vague posting about them. They have released some info on the next content pack but I didnt catch any mention of the meld/merge servers issue.

There's a FAQ up on the main website.  It is dated 5/16 so it is likely the most recent info.  Interesting read as they are implementing phasing so that you can have both open pvp and consentual pvp on the same superserver or whatever they are calling it.  They said that if you rolled on a pvp server then you will always be flagged and only be a part of the "phase" that has other people from pvp servers, and the same goes for those who started on pve servers.

• KoupasKoupas Member Posts: 6

Guyz I play on Bloodstorm and the last 3 days i have seen a major player activity. I love this game so me and my league around 20 active members are enough to enjoy the game on our side. There are same league on the hero side. But i tell you more and more people come back. Everyone has to give this game a second game i believe it's worth it and it is unique in the industry.In case you want to contact me in-game my nick is Immo on villain side Bloodstorm EU server. Thanks :)

Originally posted by dogdersROC

you are right about assuming things..it was my fault..but it wasnt more bad than others that state that it has (still) 30 servers and they are in the game for longer..

well for better or worse game isnt looking good population wise and you all that writing here you better log in and check how things are...

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by GMan3

Valid credit card numbers were not stolen. There was a database of expired cards that was accessed. If you're not going to trust a company, you may as well do it for factual reasons.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Koupas

Guyz I play on Bloodstorm and the last 3 days i have seen a major player activity. I love this game so me and my league around 20 active members are enough to enjoy the game on our side. There are same league on the hero side. But i tell you more and more people come back. Everyone has to give this game a second game i believe it's worth it and it is unique in the industry.In case you want to contact me in-game my nick is Immo on villain side Bloodstorm EU server. Thanks :)

The Steam numbers (all we have to go on), do not reflect that claim. While those only represent players playing via Steam, not total, they are a very good indicator of trend. I've been tracking them and they are as flat as ever, near record lows even though the game is free right now to anyone who ever played it.

Also, at the time I posted this, DCUO wasn't even on the chart. In order to be on the chart you need to be amongst the top 100 actively played games (real time data).

And OP...

So the game is back everything is working superservers is on the game... i did purchased the game yesterday and i feel so lonely... why? the game seems and feels so good... will i find more ppl in lvl cap zones or it will stay as it is now...ghost town..i think i saw 1 player today and yesterday 3!.... where is everybody? I am at "Looking for trouble" PVP.... maybe i should go elsewhere..? :/

This is incorrect - the sooperservers are not online yet. The game was doing poorly before the hack and data loss, it's doing no better after. Why did you think that would change?

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

I remember someone else trying to use bad Steam, Xfire, etc. service to try and judge AoC numbers back in 2008.

Guess what? They were dead wrong then too.

DCUO on the PS3 isn't tracked through steam and way out populates the PC version.

The PC data is near worthless because even players who purchased DCUO off steam, don't run steam when they play DCUO. They run the exe directly (which can be done with DCUO.) I know about 10 players personally that use this method. Steam can be a pig and annoying to keep in the background while you're playing a game.

edit: although no one is disagreeing that they took a huge hit . However the game isn't dead by a long shot. They have time to recover just like AoC did at the end of 2008.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

I remember someone else trying to use bad Steam, Xfire, etc. service to try and judge AoC numbers back in 2008.

Guess what? They were dead wrong then too.

DCUO on the PS3 isn't tracked through steam and way out populates the PC version.

Umm... no they were not wrong.  The trending from steam/xfire was spot on correct about Age of Conan, Warhammer and most new mmo releases that are tracked.   There are plenty of reasons why they shouldn't be right by rules and laws of statistics, but they have been spot on accurate. 

The trends predicted massive dropoff for AOC, War and DCU

The lead game designers for all 3 of those games were let go.

All three games were setting up server mergers within only a few months after release.

Everything happening to DCU has already happened to AoC, War, etc. 

Also, the PS3 servers are getting merged down to 2 servers just like the PC version.  A few devs from SOE have publically said a few times that populations are about equal between both platforms.

SuperMegaUltraGourmet servers are not going to save this game.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Daffid011

Umm... no they were not wrong.  The trending from steam/xfire was spot on correct about Age of Conan, Warhammer and most new mmo releases that are tracked.   There are plenty of reasons why they shouldn't be right by rules and laws of statistics, but they have been spot on accurate. 

All three games were setting up server mergers within only a few months after release.

Ehm, iirc the server mergers for AoC didn't happen until about 8 months or so after release, which is a bit more than 'only a few months'

About the 'spot on accurate', care to elaborate upon that or do you have proof like official statement that show a near 100% accurate match between actual sub/player activity figures and Xfire figures for those games?

I'm doing a lot with keeping track of XFire figures among others, but even I will never claim it to be a near 100% representation of the actual situation. I only have to look at the XFire, Steam and Raptr figures and other measurements and see the different results in them for that. They can't be all 'spot on accurate' if they're all different.

The best I'd go for is that they give a good general or rough impression of trends in player activity in various MMO's.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• KrellenKrellen Member Posts: 84

Superservers/server merge whatever is not live yet.  I expect this in June.  On Thur (Raid Reset days) server seems great, though everyone in watchtower.  Rest of days seems very light since coming back up.  Hope, more will be coming back and I play on PS3 and was the most populated server. 

I enjoy the game a lot and it is great for my limited time.  The Legends PVP is great.  Might continue to pay $10 a month just for that if queue times are good.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by MMO.MaverickAbout

the 'spot on accurate', care to elaborate upon that or do you have proof like official statement that show a near 100% accurate match between actual sub/player activity figures and Xfire figures for those games?

I believe he meant spot on for trending, not as in official number of players.

A source inside SOE verified about a month ago that the trend STEAM reflected, mirrored their own internal data.

Originally posted by TheNinjaboy

Of course they aren't....but not relevant at all to the OP whom I quoted nor the chart I made, so please don't troll me. The poster "I" quoted was referring to the Bloodstorm server, which is a PC server, hence my chart and comments to him were on topic to the OP, yours are not.

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Originally posted by Daffid011

Ehm, iirc the server mergers for AoC didn't happen until about 8 months or so after release, which is a bit more than 'only a few months'

About the 'spot on accurate', care to elaborate upon that or do you have proof like official statement that show a near 100% accurate match between actual sub/player activity figures and Xfire figures for those games?

I'm doing a lot with keeping track of XFire figures among others, but even I will never claim it to be a near 100% representation of the actual situation. I only have to look at the XFire, Steam and Raptr figures and other measurements and see the different results in them for that. They can't be all 'spot on accurate' if they're all different.

The best I'd go for is that they give a good general or rough impression of trends in player activity in various MMO's.

AoC was talking to players about upcoming server mergers a few months after release.  Sure it took many more months to get the systems in place to complete the server mergers, but funcom was rather quick to address server population issues and discuss mergers with players a few months after release.  

I'm not saying those trending tools are pinpoint accurate with no margin of error, but they have consistantly painted a pretty accurate picture of the health of the new game releases they have been tracking the last few years.  Personally I don't want to buy into their ability to trend like this, but I can't ignore their past results and have no reason to believe they have suddenly gotten less accurate. 

You can see a few threads in the respective warhammer and conan forums here that compare each companies press release numbers to their corresponding positions on the trending tools and they are scary accurate.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Hmm. I did some searching and investigating in earlier months in a number of those games, AoC and WAR included, and I wouldn't say 'scarily accurate'. However, if you have links that show this accurate bond between actual player/sub numbers and XFire figures (or other tools), I'd be more than happy to receive it, I'm always looking for more data and figures regarding MMO's, I only started collecting them last year.

So far I found ingame continuous player counts at certain times and WoWcensus the most accurate measurement of trends.

For the rest, I see those figures as the poll sample results you see before elections: even if those polls have a large enough number of interviewees to be considered statistically viable, the election results can still show results that are different from the poll results, sometimes even surprisingly and significantly different.

That's why I keep track via several tools whenever I can find them, in order to get an average that's a better rough indication of trends, not just 1 tool or means of measurement.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Look for posts by zondorf.  He was batshit crazy troll, but he was really good with the xfire numbers and the press releases.   It is possible all his posts have been deleted as he was banned multiple times and then created fake user accounts, etc. 

Either way, SOE is cutting their servers numbers by 85%.  The trending tools show declines over 85%.  Seems like the numbers are trending accurately again. 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

It's a good game on PS3, but I've played it at a friends house on his PC, it's no where near the same.  In PS3 you can go just about anywhere and be able to see another player.  In PC, I played for about 30 minutes, didn't see a single player.  This game is dead for PC...SOE has stream-lined thier "technique".  It used to take them years to destroy a game, not they can do it in just a couple of months :)