Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better than sieges?

MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

The TERA website FAQ has a bit on sieges, asking whether there would be sieges or not this is the response:

"No; we've come up with something we think you'll agree is much cooler. Stay tuned in the coming months for more details!"

So does that mean something better is actually in the game or does it mean nothing is currently in the game for siege-warfare? Or if anyone can describe that system they use it would be appreciated.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

What they are talking about will be added later this winter.  Basically it will be a zone on a seperate server where 4 other servers can enter, fight each other or form alliances with other servers, and use the zone as a jumping off point to invade other servers.

This winter, the level cap will raise again, large scale PvE content called the ‘Black Crevice’ will be added and an area available for multiple players from different servers called ‘Agaia’ will be added. This is also when server vs server content will be implemented.

Posted Image

From left top, clockwise ‘Fight for the World’s Origin, Dream Shard’, ‘Floating City of Juras’ Ark’, ‘Server Neutral Area Agaia’ and ‘Monster Invasion the Dark Crevice’.

Dark Crevice will be event based. Dark Crevices will randomly appear in zones and spawn large scale monster invasions which players will have to fight off together. This content was made for all types of players, casual, hardcore and solo.

The server neutral city of Agaia will open up frequently and will be a place multiple servers will share. This area will provide different kinds of PvE and PvP experiences. Each server’s Archons will have to fight off the other servers in order to provide a better experience for their own server players.

Through Agaia, players can also invade other servers, allowing them to collect ‘Dream Shards’. To balance out the power, the server matching will change depending on how many shards a server has.

Posted Image

Agaia.

Lastly, early next year, the fourth major city called ‘Juras’ Ark’ will be revealed. Juras’ Ark can only be acquired through politics and the policies made through Juras will be server wide, affecting more than one continent. If Dream Shard and Agaia is about power, Juras is about how to use that power.

For example, if you are in a server that takes great care at PvP and server vs server wars, you can move Juras to the middle of Agaia, to use as a floating fortress. Along with the Juras’ Ark patch, TERA’s ninth class will be revealed.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

That does sound pretty cool.  Now if the game would just.. y'know,  release here.  

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Originally posted by stayontarget

What they are talking about will be added later this winter.  Basically it will be a zone on a seperate server where 4 other servers can enter, fight each other or form alliances with other servers, and use the zone as a jumping off point to invade other servers.

This winter, the level cap will raise again, large scale PvE content called the ‘Black Crevice’ will be added and an area available for multiple players from different servers called ‘Agaia’ will be added. This is also when server vs server content will be implemented.

Posted Image

From left top, clockwise ‘Fight for the World’s Origin, Dream Shard’, ‘Floating City of Juras’ Ark’, ‘Server Neutral Area Agaia’ and ‘Monster Invasion the Dark Crevice’.

Dark Crevice will be event based. Dark Crevices will randomly appear in zones and spawn large scale monster invasions which players will have to fight off together. This content was made for all types of players, casual, hardcore and solo.

The server neutral city of Agaia will open up frequently and will be a place multiple servers will share. This area will provide different kinds of PvE and PvP experiences. Each server’s Archons will have to fight off the other servers in order to provide a better experience for their own server players.

Through Agaia, players can also invade other servers, allowing them to collect ‘Dream Shards’. To balance out the power, the server matching will change depending on how many shards a server has.

Posted Image

Agaia.

Lastly, early next year, the fourth major city called ‘Juras’ Ark’ will be revealed. Juras’ Ark can only be acquired through politics and the policies made through Juras will be server wide, affecting more than one continent. If Dream Shard and Agaia is about power, Juras is about how to use that power.

For example, if you are in a server that takes great care at PvP and server vs server wars, you can move Juras to the middle of Agaia, to use as a floating fortress. Along with the Juras’ Ark patch, TERA’s ninth class will be revealed.

is this game released anywhere yet? or its just in Beta.

It's released in Korea with a lv cap at 50,  The PTR server in korea has the new patch that has lvl 58 content.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I have stopped following TERA, because of the anime/eastern style, but this is pretty damm innovative.  Pretty groundbreaking imo.

Well the only thing that bothers me is that they release like a year earlier in Asia.

By the time it starts in EU/NA... we got asians coming prepared to farm it to hell and back so they can sell stuff for real money.

And of course they know what to farm and where since they had plenty of time ahead to learn whats gonna bring money in.

Not to mention the Bots will be ready to rock by this time.

So we will have a crap economy from start. RMT will drive the game and you will have to pay or not have a life to be competitive.

Seen it all before with lineage1 ,lineage2, Aion and few others I dont recall at this point.

Thats why I might skip this one even if I will regret it for a long time since I love the game so far.

Such a shame !

Not likely daemon,  The ping rate for them playing on NA servers would be well over 400+.   In a game like tera your gonna want to play the game in the 150 > ping and the odds of asians have that type of ping playing thousands of miles away from the server is zero.  Not saying there won't be bots because there will be, but how much of an issue it will be will depend on how much EME handles it.

Not likely daemon,  The ping rate for them playing on NA servers would be well over 400+.   In a game like tera your gonna want to play the game in the 150 > ping and the odds of asians have that type of ping playing thousands of miles away from the server is zero.  Not saying there won't be bots because there will be, but how much of an issue it will be will depend on how much EME handles it.

Well I dont know. I think PVE farming with 400+ ping will work. As it worked so well with L2 and others before. Even WoW.

Also theres videos on youtube with some russians PVPing very decently with 400 ping on the korean servers.

So I dont think the usual farmer or a BOT will have any troubles camping some areas and killing 1231 milion NPCs.

But as you said it.. yes it will depend on how much they will deal with bots and RMT.

Hope they learned from their mistakes with NCsoft.

Originally posted by daemon

"Sigh"  must I always correct this error.

GW2 has more in common with NCsoft than Tera/EnMasse.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by daemon

Well I dont know. I think PVE farming with 400+ ping will work. As it worked so well with L2 and others before. Even WoW.

Also theres videos on youtube with some russians PVPing very decently with 400 ping on the korean servers.

So I dont think the usual farmer or a BOT will have any troubles camping some areas and killing 1231 milion NPCs.

But as you said it.. yes it will depend on how much they will deal with bots and RMT.

You are going to get rmt anyway.

Let's say (and I don't entirely agree with you) that they released the western version along with the korean version at the same time. there are still going to be rmt companies that played on the beta servers and know a bit more than going in cold.

Even if they didn't , it's their job to learn and since these games are not rocket science its' not going to take long.

The only way to stop rmt is to not allow players to trade with each other. And most players would throw a hissy fit if that ever happened.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Lol...yes Mr. Tera Devs...a pvp zone is much cooler than sieges....to funny.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"