Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real time population ( did full count )

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

1-10                                40

11-20                              21

21-30                              15

31-40                              5

41-50                              23

51-55                              90

----------

Total                               194            At 7:30 PM est, May 5th 2011 on Telan server

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

World population not just a zone

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

[Mod Edit]

OK

1) first of all, I cant hide facts. I did a count and this is it.

2)  I'm not discouraged at all. If you read my post you would find that I give good information on HOW TO FIND GROUPS no matter how low the population is.

NOTE :

If I was level 16 and would like to get a full group for Kreagers end ( 6 people ) I would use the social panel and individually ask all 21 people, and get my group in LESS THAN 15 MIN.

3) Most people don't know Vanguard is back up yet !

4) Most of them in point 3 don't know that you get 45 days free !

5) Most of the mmo population don't even know what Vanguard is.  I'm sorry it's just a fact.........I love Vanguard but hate SOE for owning it and giving a great game like this zero advertisement when its Wayyyy better than EQ2.

NOTE :

If I were to go into work and ask 50 WoW players if they know what Vanguard is they " NO "........And yes I know 50 WoW players.

6) SOE is fudging numbers, I used to do counts in EQ2, and you would be surprised how low the populations REALLY are on there more popular servers. ( maybe 3x Vanguard ). Log into EQ2 and do a count...You would be surprised at your findings !

I would suggest that you read my post on how to find friends in a low populated game. Vanguard will grow as more find out it's free for 45 days.

• carrie01carrie01 Member Posts: 77

Thanks. I was wondering exactly how many people played Vanguard. LoL, there are games that have even lower populations believe it or not, where its like 15-20 people most of the time and 50-60 at prime time!

[Mod Edit]

Favorites: Vanguard SOH, Final Fantasy XI, Dungeons and Dragons Online

Future:
    Final Fantasy XIV 2.0
    EverQuest NEXT
    Wizardry Online
    Vanguard F2P edition (fingers crossed)

http://vgrpgblog.blogspot.com/

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

if those numbers are accurate then the pop is growing wildly! now would be a great time for everyone to jump back in... 45 days free!!!11!

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

My problem is I am undecided, EQ2,...Vanguard...EQ2....Vanguard..SWG..bah got back into EQ2 again and there is a healthy population on Antonia Bayle. I may have to get the Station Pass after =/

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

Page, can you tell us exactly how you gathered this info?  Just with a /who?

Also, bear in mind that the stated time is a bit before prime time in any NA timezone save Atlantic. I'd be curious to see what the number was at peak time - say, 10pm EST on Saturday -  and how it differs from what's given here.

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Whoa, why did my posts get deleted? There was nothing wrong with them, just couldn't understand why you were bashing the population after making a thread about how the game is great despite low pop...

Whatever. Guess you felt silly :p

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

SOE already said that EQ2 has low population and that EQ1 has larger population than EQ2 and VG combined.

edit:

this was before EQ2 went f2p... so I assume EQ2 has much healthier population now

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

It truly is a shame that the playerbase didn't stick around long enough for SOE to really get behind Vanguard, as I am absolutely astounded at its amazing gameworld every time I log in.  The lack of a population really hurts this game though, as it's just too group dependant for its own good.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

SOE already said that EQ2 has low population and that EQ1 has larger population than EQ2 and VG combined.

source?

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

source?

one the main EQ faq/guide site

and ya I did edit the post ... these numbers were before EQ2 went f2p

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• I still love VG, even with a low pop. I play every now and then. When I do, I love it because I notice how VG still hasn't catered to the casuals. ^.^

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Originally posted by jonesing22

I still love VG, even with a low pop. I play every now and then. When I do, I love it because I notice how VG still hasn't catered to the casuals. ^.^

Not because the dev team is trying to stay true to their roots, but because the dev team isn't working on the game :p

Not trying to bash, I think VG is great, but you've got to realize it's been abaondoned. If they decided to come back to it and try to make some real money off of it you can bet your arse they would casual it up :)

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• Not because the dev team is trying to stay true to their roots, but because the dev team isn't working on the game :p

lol too true

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

I still love VG, even with a low pop. I play every now and then. When I do, I love it because I notice how VG still hasn't catered to the casuals. ^.^

Well that depends on how you define casuals. I am a casual and I enjoy vg very much. I think you are refeering to entitled casuals and not casuals. Two veeeeeery different things, I hate when people automatically think casuals as a negative word, it just people who does not schedule his life around the game, but play when they have the time.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by Ozreth

Whoa, why did my posts get deleted? There was nothing wrong with them, just couldn't understand why you were bashing the population after making a thread about how the game is great despite low pop...

Whatever. Guess you felt silly :p

He isn't bashing the population, you just choose to read it as criticism.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Interestingly, based on that count, population numbers aside, it shows something I've been talking about for awhile now in regards to leveling in VG.  When you hit 25-35 the game comes to a screeching halt.  The content is a bit thin or it doesn't lead you to the right areas and so I have my main character basically stuck at level 28ish because of the lack of solo quests in that range.  Sure, I could go mindessly grind mobs to get over that hump, but well, look at the numbers.  High in the beginning and endgame, extremely low in the middle game. 

Not that talking about it is going to help anyway, without any developers around to fix the glaring issue, I guess I'll always be stuck at the mid level until I either find a way to change my playstyle to incorporate mindnumbing mob grinding or if I can somehow find a static group that will run ALL of the world dungeons for that level range. 

Just thought I would point out that THIS is the reason I sub and then unsub and it has nothing to do with population...at least on the surface, for me.

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

And that is the reason why this game is in bad state for years now. Don't think they are doing it just for your love, they have no choice.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

once we're a few days into the free period i'd love a recount to see if $oe is getting anyoe back, to see which way the numbers are trending.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I was playing at that time on that server. I am not a number! I am a free man! (Cookie 4 refrence).

Seriously though. Looking forward to geting into it for the next free 45 days. I know frustration at soe and the fact I can't get it to run very well on windows 7 will make me quit at some point. But that's tommorow. Enjoying the game at the moment.