Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you do most of what Vanguard offers with a band of 2?

David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

I would like to come back with my brother, are dungeons possible with only two, don't know too much about the game besides the intro island?

Comments

• ZiezoZiezo Member UncommonPosts: 45

You need a full group for most dungeouns. BUt you can get pretty far into the game together, when one of you both is a healer (bloodmage for the win!!)

Playing: TESO (great!)
    Most looking forward for: Everquest Next
    Have Played: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, Everquest Online Adventures, Everquest 1, EverQuest 2, Dungeons & Dragons Online, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Aion, CoH, Loong, Dragon nest, LoL, Alods, Diablo 3, NWN, Tera, Poe, Guild Wars 2, Rift
    Most favorite; Everquest online Adventures (EQOA, 2003, PS2)

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Originally posted by Aquazen

I would like to come back with my brother, are dungeons possible with only two, don't know too much about the game besides the intro island?

No, raiding and dungeons would be out of your reach.  However, you could still find a ton of content to enjoy duo'ing to max level.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

TBH I've never had trouble finding groups for any of the 5 man stuff in the leveling period. You and your brother should be able to duo most content and then most things that need 5 man shouldn't be too bad to get a full group, especially your early armor/weapon quests and that first abandoned castle dungeon thingy.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by boojiboy

No, raiding and dungeons would be out of your reach.  However, you could still find a ton of content to enjoy duo'ing to max level.

pretty much this.

though truth be told I've encountered dungeons that would have been group based while I was at high level and was able to slowly make my way through them.

So you can experience some of them as you get higher in level. There are dungeons where a solo player, though perhaps more lower level dungeons, can make their way through if they are careful.

There is a spider dungeon that also connects to an old abandoned tower which can be done with solo or two people while being careful. LOVE this. of course there is a quest for this but I discovered it by accidentlaly find a secret door. That's right, I was exploring and for some reason I thought there should have been another entrance and lo and behold I clicked on a part of a wall and it swung away.

This is why Vanguard rocks.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

We had tried to duo in Vanguard but hit quite  few roadblocks at about mid level.  Dungeons we definitely couldn't do and even several outdoor quest areas were beyond us.   But in spite of that, still had a bit of fun with the areas we could do.  So I'd definitely still give it a go and you may like it.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

There is alot of solo and small group content you guys can do together. And if you pick 2 very good solo classes like a disciple dreadknight mix you can do a bunch of group quests also.

Also if you join a good guild there should be people around to dungeon with. I do group content all the time even though the population is so small.

People who say they couldnt find groups didnt try very hard, were not in a guild or joined a end-game / small population guild.

I am in Twylight song feel free to join if you feel like sticking around.

See you in game.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

fate deals the cards even handedly.. perhaps the silver lining in SOE's clouds is perhaps some kind of revival for Vanguard.... be nice to see some real development time spent on it though..image

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by boojiboy

pretty much this.

though truth be told I've encountered dungeons that would have been group based while I was at high level and was able to slowly make my way through them.

So you can experience some of them as you get higher in level. There are dungeons where a solo player, though perhaps more lower level dungeons, can make their way through if they are careful.

There is a spider dungeon that also connects to an old abandoned tower which can be done with solo or two people while being careful. LOVE this. of course there is a quest for this but I discovered it by accidentlaly find a secret door. That's right, I was exploring and for some reason I thought there should have been another entrance and lo and behold I clicked on a part of a wall and it swung away.

This is why Vanguard rocks.

Some of the most fun I had in Vanguard was going back to Nusibe with my max level, well equipped Psionicist and seeing how far I could solo in....  I don't remember if I was after something in particular or just wanted to see if I could do it.  Either way, it was a heart-pounding, exciting experience where I had to use every ounce of my skill as I worked my way through the dungeon.  Immense fun!

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

WTF are you people talking about.

Of course you can do dungeons with 2 people in Vanguard !

Just not the hardest ones.

But a nice tank + healer combo will be fine if they step carefully, have good gear, and have good skill of their class.

In fact, I've seen Dread Knights SOLO (some of the) group content. As long as you have great gear, totally manageable.

Just avoid making a Paladin + Cleric combo, or a Paladin + Bear Shaman combo. That would be awfully low dps.

A combination of Dread Knight + Blood Mage would look great, for example. Dread Knight get AoE lifetaps - totally killer ability against groups of enemies. And Blood Mage can deal very high dps.

Another idea would be to swap the Blood Mage for a Disciple. Yes they dont deal as much dps, but they can be skilled for dps (+4 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Vit) and still operate very nicely with Yin healing. And they have lesser fake death for wipe survival.

Wolf or Phoenix Shaman are also options. Nice buffs, including runspeed.

You can switch the Dread Knight for the Paladin. Less dps, but great spike dps with Valor points and a couple other tricks and of course some emergency healing. Oh, and of course good dps against undead.

But avoid the Warrior. Thats an absolutely awful class. Extremely complicated to play, worst of all solists, and for their total lack of good features compared to the Dread Knight and Paladin they still get hardly better dps.

P.s.: Ah, and raids are absurd. You wont stand not even the most remote chance. You need 18 people in best gear you can get pre-raid, and good skill, to manage raids. And you'll have to repeatedly work through the entry levels of the raid dungeon to get better and better gear before you will finally manage the way to the endboss.

And then you'll see the overland bosses that need 24 people raids ...

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Adamantine

WTF are you people talking about.

Of course you can do dungeons with 2 people in Vanguard !

Just not the hardest ones.

But a nice tank + healer combo will be fine if they step carefully, have good gear, and have good skill of their class.

In fact, I've seen Dread Knights SOLO (some of the) group content. As long as you have great gear, totally manageable.

Just avoid making a Paladin + Cleric combo, or a Paladin + Bear Shaman combo. That would be awfully low dps.

A combination of Dread Knight + Blood Mage would look great, for example. Dread Knight get AoE lifetaps - totally killer ability against groups of enemies. And Blood Mage can deal very high dps.

Another idea would be to swap the Blood Mage for a Disciple. Yes they dont deal as much dps, but they can be skilled for dps (+4 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Vit) and still operate very nicely with Yin healing. And they have lesser fake death for wipe survival.

Wolf or Phoenix Shaman are also options. Nice buffs, including runspeed.

You can switch the Dread Knight for the Paladin. Less dps, but great spike dps with Valor points and a couple other tricks and of course some emergency healing. Oh, and of course good dps against undead.

But avoid the Warrior. Thats an absolutely awful class. Extremely complicated to play, worst of all solists, and for their total lack of good features compared to the Dread Knight and Paladin they still get hardly better dps.

P.s.: Ah, and raids are absurd. You wont stand not even the most remote chance. You need 18 people in best gear you can get pre-raid, and good skill, to manage raids. And you'll have to repeatedly work through the entry levels of the raid dungeon to get better and better gear before you will finally manage the way to the endboss.

And then you'll see the overland bosses that need 24 people raids ...

Well said mate,this is right info.

You can duo very well in Vanguard with the right classes. A healer is the obvious choice and a tank class is very good indeed.

I have two accounts and duo all the time when not raiding.

I have 55 Disciple-Dread Knight-Bard-Tuurgin Shaman(bear which is the tank healer pet class of the three shaman choices)

My best Duo combo is the Dread Knight and my Tuurgin Shammy which has some of the best melee buffs in the game. This two really kick ass together even though my disciple is good but two boxing him is hard because he needs to do melee to heal.

If i am duoing with another player then my Disciple really kicks ass because of the Feign Death skill if shit hits the fan.

Disciple is one of the four healing classes and the Shaman is one of the healing classes but he is also one of the Two proper pet classes in Vanguard along with the Necro.

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

Speaking as possibly (as far as I've observed) the only Raki paladin in Telon, I can safely say that I can solo a lot of small group quests if I'm careful and diligent, given my lower than average DPS.