Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE back up - 30 days free play on Planetside for old subscribers

borguk1of9borguk1of9 Member Posts: 38

If you ever played Planetside but are no longer subbed you get 30 days free play now that the SOE network is back up.

Lets hope too theres some more news on Planetside Next shorty now Sony are back online full stop.

Comments

• borguk1of9borguk1of9 Member Posts: 38

For those customers on an active paying plan, this time has been added to the end of your current billing cycle. For all other customers, your time begins upon your first login to each of the relevant games. Customers must login by 11:59 pm PST August 31, 2011 to claim the game time.

• varnlestoffvarnlestoff Member Posts: 26

Too lazy to search for and dust off the old disks. I must have reinstalled planetside at least 10 times througout the years.

To pay for play, or pay not for play, that is the question.

• TR-MattTR-Matt Member Posts: 24

I started up PS again because of this. I need a team though, I really don't find the game enjoyable without one. Anyone on TR with Vent or TS want to use some of the group vehicles? (all AirCav all the time gets boring fast for me)

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

Just saw I have 45 days free looks like I will be playing some planetside.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

DAMN!

I got 45 days to ALL their games. And I don't even own DC universe and I got 45 days to it! 

SOE may do bad. But they did good with this. 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Konner920

DAMN!

I got 45 days to ALL their games. And I don't even own DC universe and I got 45 days to it! 

not sure how the DCUO would help.. if you havent got the game you can't play it anyway..  and by the sound of it.. more people play Planetside than DCUO anyway .. must admit i did succumb to temptation and reinstalled planetside - DCUO isnt on the station games list so the option to play isnt even there anyway.. i'd be very surprised if they did offer a free 30 or 45 days for it though.. as you can complete the whole game within that timeframe..image

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Originally posted by Phry

DAMN!

not sure how the DCUO would help.. if you havent got the game you can't play it anyway..  and by the sound of it.. more people play Planetside than DCUO anyway .. must admit i did succumb to temptation and reinstalled planetside - DCUO isnt on the station games list so the option to play isnt even there anyway.. i'd be very surprised if they did offer a free 30 or 45 days for it though.. as you can complete the whole game within that timeframe..image

I'm installing planetside. I've wanted to play it again, since I heard Planetside next was in development.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

I haven't played PS in maybe a year or two (maybe even longer).  I still have it on my computer (just couldn't remove it for sentimental reasons), and after a quick update, I was back into it.  Just had to try it after I heard it was free for a short time.

I still can't believe no one has taken this format and redone this game already.  I know Sony is doing the whole PS Next thing, but there's still something in the back of my mind telling me that this will be vaporware.  Especially after the most recent fiasco.

So much fun to be had, and so many options to have that fun.  You update the graphics, smooth out the gameplay, optimize the code, and redo the bases, and you'll have lifetime subscriber in me.

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by Centhan
    optimize the code

They need to figure out how to stop hackers, too.
    And what I don't understand is the game went downhill fast when they introduced BFR's. PS Next is supposed to get rid of them. Hopefully it stays that way.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

Originally posted by ronpack

Originally posted by Centhan

optimize the code

They need to figure out how to stop hackers, too.

And what I don't understand is the game went downhill fast when they introduced BFR's. PS Next is supposed to get rid of them. Hopefully it stays that way.

Yes you're right, I should have mentioned the hackers too.

It's really sad how just in the couple of days I've been back, I've already seen many instances of hacking, all of them warping around at unbelievable speeds.  One guy in my platoon was actually bragging how he was using a hack, and a couple other people were encouraging and applauding him.  So I've been reliving the good memories, but also reliving the memories of why I quit.  To have a game this easily hacked, and seemingly no one to stop them is just a deal breaker for me.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Phry

DAMN!

Just a note.   If you can see a game on your account that has game time then as far as SOE is concernered you "own it".

There is an installer on their website for DCUO if the poster you quoted wanted to try it...   I bought DCUO on steam but got sick of having to log in through steam.   So I got the installer off SOE's site and could bypass steam..

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

shame my pc is of line  ill miss out on some free game time