Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sence the account hacking... "Att: clans"

chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

This should be pretty obvious but if it is not, I have gotten a few automated responses that my old account name is being used in attempt to join clans for soe game such as star wars galaxies. I have in every case replied to such email notification (verifying the reply or finding out who owns said site) in attempts to intercept these false request. But this is just a friendly reminder that in fact, our information is being used to in scrupulous ways to obtain access to others and or representing themselves as someone they are not.

Keep weary on new recruits more then usual, there is a chance they are not whom they seem to appear. I wouldn't have mentioned this, but I have now seen 3 attempts at this with current active SWG clans that seem my account info is being used to apply for.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Comments

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

I don't know any guild that asks for your account name...

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Not account name but information, IE apply with my personal info along with email. Tis after all, what people use to sign up, all I am saying is be aware it is happening more then ever atm, at least my account is one it is happening to for sure.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Although it's poor timing, I think it's unlikely that it's related.  I think it would be unlikely that the people that have the information would be using (if they've even got to that stage yet) it for anything game related.  Rather, they'd be using your information for things like applying for credit cards, loans, etc. - RL related stuff.

Rather, it's likely to just be a typical phishing attempt.  When I clean out my spam folder I notice a bunch related to WoW and recently, Rift.  Replying to the emails just lets them know they have a real person on the other end - just delete them instead :)