Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it now?

About a month or so ago, everyone said give it a month.

So hows the game>

Not interested in your horror stories from launch, not interested with tales of terror about whatever company makes/runs the game.

#1 is it playable?

#2 is there stuff to do?

#3 is it a full and complete game yet?

Or should i come back in another month and check up?

Comments

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

i'd wait another month if you are not in a "hurry" :P

it got better a lot yet TW is still not in but should be on testserver next week or something. if you are unsure if to play i'd wait for that.

or at least have a look at todays patch which will hopefully bring a little fresh air into the game and  should have some weaponbalance, AI workover and other fixes.

so if you basically are interested in the game and plan to play sooner or later anyway i'd go ahead and start as of now. so you will have a few skills and gear rdy for when TW launches later this month tho noone knows if it will be good or bad. for that time there is surely more than enough to do in the game, tho it is far from perfect mind you.

i play less but still enjoy the game mostly, yet without anything to fight over it gets old after a while as i have been playing since launch :O

1: yes

2: yes

3: not without TW

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

1. Yes.

2. Barely.

3. Not even remotely.

• skynetmsskynetms Member Posts: 8

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Kind of.

4. The problem is that there are no a lot of people left, but there is hope.

After a month it will be better, after two months even more .. The progress is not really fast in fact, but it is continous.

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Wow, no troll or arguments +1

Thanks for the responses, at least its getting better, however without TW i think ill wait.

Anything more descriptive on what "things to do" there is?

I understand the basis without TW for content is basically group crafting, as i hear its far too much for one person to do...how is it, give me a run down on the crafting, granted i understand the circle of processes ect.

What else is there besides crafting and killing eachother, and does anyone know what shape TW will take?

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

crafting:

as you already said you are better off to team up for it so you can advance better. we as a guild as an example started with a list of what ingredients someone can do and is planning on adding as we didn't want to dictate anyone what he has to craft...over time this worked out quite well and when someone started with a new weapon or armor he could rely on the ingredients we already had and avance faster....even those not interested in crafting stood up to make an ingredient here and there.

now that we mostly are at around tier 9 and 10 (the highest) you hardly can craft the stuff that is needed in the safe towns. so we send back and forth tons of ressources to the ppl that make them for orders, organice guild runs to the crafting stations in the wild to get it done etc...keeps you busy overall and i find it to be fun. surely it would (hopefully will ^^) be more fun with more active players again so you can sell/buy and produce way more.

crafting surely  makes up quite a lot of the game as of now.

what else -> PvE:

well you basically skill up you char, test a few builds & combinations of weapons, devices and armor until you feel confident :) this surely also takes some time.

also you farm the ressources crafter need with killing mobs so this also is essential for crafting. i personally mix both as i have fun with it and enjoy both. especially with yesterdays patch where mobs stopped shooting thru the walls and a few group quests added pveing seems to be a lot more fun then before. this surely is no WoW-like instanced PvE but it is fun. but i need to test this more :) there is also some new terminals in one of the highend zones and i have no idea what they are good for :P maybe for pvp ^^

PvP:

well to be honest there was hardly much pvp going on lately due to low player numbers but these new grp quests mentioned send you to take down npcs in the opposing faction outpost and the rewards are ressources you will need for TW according to the patch notes. i guess this will give some good fights over the next days or weeks as we got 2 decent hotspots created as of now.

exploration:

when you start new exploration is quite essential tbh. there is teleporters all over the world and you need to unlock them by visiting them which is quite a task if you want to have them all :) this is a 1 timer tho. the so called exploration rewards, stashes and bags to be found lying around, are not really worth it from my experience..

this basically sums up what you can do ingame now i think. the patch from yesterday at least restored some faith in MHS to make this baby shine sooner than later.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by strangerdang

Anything more descriptive on what "things to do" there is?

Almost nothing, TBH.

You can grind mobs for Battle Points so you can skill up.

You can craft but to craft you need materials so you'll spend more time grinding mobs for parts then you will actually crafting because the crafting grind is a tad absurd and unlike combat skills you also have to pay credits for crafting skills on top of the crafting point investment.

So in reality if you intend to craft you're going to spend 95% of your time farming mobs for quest items and crafting parts... and that shit gets old real fast.

Ummm, you can PvP but currently there exists no real point or goal to it besides losing your stuff if you have something in your inventory you don't want to lose.

And then there's exploration which is probably the highlight of the game TBH.  Unfortunately there's little to be gained beyond personal satisfaction and some cool screenshots.

So in summation unless you really love grinding the same couple of mobs for hours every single day to support a crafter there's basically nothing to do besides play PvP deathmatch outside of DMZs.

• ApegApeg Member Posts: 91

I will add to Cavadus post that there are quests too if you like questing. The only problem is that there are no hints and they are a bit hard to complete if you don't have a guide. Devs recently announced that they are working on quest hints.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Originally posted by strangerdang

Or should i come back in another month and check up?

come back in another month, and after that come back again in another month, keep reading posts about how this game needs another month, and how and what was delyaed for another month. That should keep u busy untill you grow older and stop enjoying games and move on with life.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Wasn't TW suppose to be added in march or something?

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

They said that it will be delayed, since they put efforts in what the comunity wants - removing glitches and "polish", which more or less is going good.

• ApegApeg Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Wasn't TW suppose to be added in march or something?

Yeah, but they changed their priority in February and March after the rough start, instead of new features they started work on improving server and client performance, they also worked on some community requests posted on their official forums.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by skynetms
    This video pretty much shows the pvp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oki0YU1n16A&feature=player_embedded

Showing people videos like that is not really good marketing for the game ^^

It only shows how bad the game really is.

I haven't say, that this is marketing.

As i said only, that this is pretty much the pvp experience now ;]

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Originally posted by skynetms

This video pretty much shows the pvp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oki0YU1n16A&feature=player_embedded

still looks too awkward, and it seems like it will stay forever like that, too bad, no one will like this cuz it isnt 1999, games are much more fluid today. Games better than that have died after a couple years, dont see anything better for this one.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file