Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dl'd the trial and the past few days have been quite fun

MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286

I think I will sub in perhaps a weeks time, the game is very much worth it and has so much potential. Im very curious which direction this game will go. Ill go along for the ride :)

I did ask if the trial time combines with the 30days you purchase with your time code and it does so no worries, 15 days free is always good

Comments

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

I tried it at launch and have two issues: -

1. is the repetitive nature of the quests.

2. Is time played (and subs payed) as a substitute for xp.

Its the same problem I had with Eve.  Just not my cup of tea I guess.

Chins

• yahtzardyahtzard Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by thebigchin11

I tried it at launch and have two issues: -

1. is the repetitive nature of the quests.

2. Is time played (and subs payed) as a substitute for xp.

Its the same problem I had with Eve.  Just not my cup of tea I guess.

1. The real action is in the PvP.  However, the dearth of interesting quests has been noted and more PvE has been promised and, I believe, 'storyline' mission sets were mentioned somewhere... The devs here are active and responsive to community feed back and IMO have made good on the expectations they've set to date with quality updates/expansions.  Quests are coming, think about a second trial in a couple of months.

2. Not time played, but real time elapsed... The casual gamer can take breaks and not worry about falling behind because they haven't been grinding away (at this stage in my life it's really the only kind of XP system that works for me).  As for subs payed... not really but I see where your going.  As in all MMO's the min/maxer does what they do best since XP is finite and limited by real time there are only so many roles that you can fill at once.  You can be amung the best at a few things or mediocre at all things on each account... Many of us, myself included have multiple subs.  However, a one year sub works out to $6 per month, get two and your still paying less than you would for many other quality MMO's... it all works out.

Sidenote - The game is still young and a fresh account can still contribute to a corp or roam around doing PvE from day one.

If it's not your cup of tea, I respect that.  Like many other sandbox type MMO's it's not quest driven, or a gear/xp grind.  Jump in, learn the ropes a bit and then interact with the community its what this genre is all about.