Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek: Infinite Space Features

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Interesting looking game.  The features list isn't well explained as yet, but includes:

FEATURES:

• Set phasers to fun: The first browser-based Star Trek MMO game is easy to pick up and play. Suitable for quick lunch break assignments as well as long exploration nights.

• It doesn’t cost the galaxy: Free to play! No software costs and no subscription fees required.

• You are in the Captain’s chair: Select your vessel from many authentic Star Trek spaceships, embark on missions and freely explore star sectors. Rise in level, gather special ship equipment or master skills by building up you own crew.

• Fascinating 3D: Stunning technology from the advanced Unity™ federation delivers rich and rewarding 3D graphics to your web browser like never experienced with flash technology.

• Your web browser is the final frontier: No client software installation to wait for, just visit www.startrek-is.com with your web browser and start playing straight away. Mac users can finally compete with PC users or even play in coop-mode.

• Play with your friends: Tackle missions on your own or join up with fellow Captains for cooperative gameplay.

• … or disintegrate them: Visit dedicated player vs player sectors to engage in combat.

• Be part of the future of Star Trek™: Experience brand-new adventures in the Deep Space Nine universe, developed and scripted by Star Trek Veterans.

I wonder how they will handle exploration as a feature.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• S31ApocS31Apoc Member Posts: 37

sweet hope its nice

§31-ÀÞØÇ
    http://www.s31clan.com
    You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
    "Regis Mark V"
    Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold !!
    "Klingon Proverb"
    As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
    "Apocalypse"
    Can you love a creature that would even ask you to kill your own son? no matter the reason
    "Apocalypse"
    Konichiwa Bitches!!

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Originally posted by Rohn

Interesting looking game.  The features list isn't well explained as yet, but includes:

FEATURES:

• Set phasers to fun: The first browser-based Star Trek MMO game is easy to pick up and play. Suitable for quick lunch break assignments as well as long exploration nights.

• It doesn’t cost the galaxy: Free to play! No software costs and no subscription fees required.

• You are in the Captain’s chair: Select your vessel from many authentic Star Trek spaceships, embark on missions and freely explore star sectors. Rise in level, gather special ship equipment or master skills by building up you own crew.

• Fascinating 3D: Stunning technology from the advanced Unity™ federation delivers rich and rewarding 3D graphics to your web browser like never experienced with flash technology.

• Your web browser is the final frontier: No client software installation to wait for, just visit www.startrek-is.com with your web browser and start playing straight away. Mac users can finally compete with PC users or even play in coop-mode.

• Play with your friends: Tackle missions on your own or join up with fellow Captains for cooperative gameplay.

• … or disintegrate them: Visit dedicated player vs player sectors to engage in combat.

• Be part of the future of Star Trek™: Experience brand-new adventures in the Deep Space Nine universe, developed and scripted by Star Trek Veterans.

I wonder how they will handle exploration as a feature.

Without exploration it would be about the same as STO in a browser.  Sorry, I don't expect this to be any different.

What I really want is to play a trader/explorer.  But I guess that is too much to ask for from a Star Trek or even a Star Wars game.  I am very disappointed in the sci-fi games currently out there.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by kzaske

Without exploration it would be about the same as STO in a browser.  Sorry, I don't expect this to be any different.

What I really want is to play a trader/explorer.  But I guess that is too much to ask for from a Star Trek or even a Star Wars game.  I am very disappointed in the sci-fi games currently out there.

Sadly I agree. But its F2P and its Star Trek so I will check it out. I dont expect much so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised? Probly not :(

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.