Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Mom that still loves the game

bloominonionbloominonion Member Posts: 1

Been playing this game since CB (July 2010), and still have a love affair with this game. I try a lot of F2P games and quickly delete them from my hard drive. If I do continue to play a game, I get bored with it in about 3 to 4 months. Here I am, after almost 10 months, still plugging away, playing. 

I'm a casual player, slow to level, get called away from the computer often. That happens when you're a Mom. I was originally attracted to it for the cute graphics. Yes, I know, some of you graphic snobs hate the look of the game. But don't judge a game by it's cover! If you can get past the cartoony look, it's a delightful game.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

1. Quests - I hate to grind levels. Sure questing can be considered grinding, but at least at the end of killing the mobs you get a little bonus. There are so many quests, I almost get overwhelmed. There are mainline quests, side quests, bulletin quests. Quests out the kazoo! 

2. Crafting - You get 2 life skills to begin with. You can also buy additional life skills from your guild NPC. The hardest thing about the crafting is gathering the materials for it. Since you can run 3 clients, most people make gathering alts, and have the alts mining, collecting, etc all day. You can make armor, weapons, HP/MP pots. There are recipes you can buy or are dropped from bosses that allow you to make very nice items. 

3. PvP/PvE - You can choose between a PvP and a PvE server. In the mood to pk the heck out of people? Play PvP. Want to veg and just quest? Play PvE. You cannot transfer between servers, but you can always have characters on both! I do! 

4. Guild System - The guild system is nice You have a guild square that everyone in the guild can to go, and it's HUGE! At the square there is a personal warehouse and a guild warehouse. You also have guild quests you can do. There is a series of guild quests that you can do solo. A series of quests for a guild team that people refer to as G4. And a quest you can do as a guild. There is also a golden tree that comes alive twice per day for 10 minutes. You get exp everytime you hit it during those 10 minutes. At the end of that time, the tree will place treasure chests around the guild square. Hide and seek! 

5. Events - The GM and CM are great about providing events for us all. Free stuff is given out all the time through these events. Costumes, mounts, talisman covers, gold chips. I've never played a game where there is always some kind of event going on. 

6. Taming - You can tame pets and mounts. The pets give help you with passive skills and are used for autopathing. They don't fight. But you do level them, and choose the passive skill build that will benefit your character. Mounts are generally combat mounts, and are somewhat class specific. You can also get traveling mounts (non-combat). 

7.  Cash Shop - YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND REAL MONEY. Should I repeat? You don't have to spend real money. Yes I said it. Sure there are some very nice items you can get from the cash shop, however, you can buy tokens (cash shop currency) with in-game gold. At level 60+ gold is fairly easy to earn. There are also surveys you can take to earn tokens (haven't done that). Yes, you can also spend money if you have it. I'm sure the company would be happy about that. In general, you can get most of the cash shop items in game. Is it hard to get the items? Yes. But you can get them. You do benefit from getting the perm costumes from the cash shop for additional attributes. But costumes are also given away in Events held by the CM. 

There's probably a bunch of stuff I've fogotten to mention. But it's only because there's so much to this game. 

Now for the cons: Sure this game does have it's share of problems. What game doesn't? Did people leave the game? Yes, people have left for various reasons. Some left because they felt they couldn't get any further because of the controling guilds. Others left because they either felt the GM's did too much or not enough.  The problems get amplified because there's a small player base. In every game you'll find people that are unhappy, however, there are also a lot of people that are happily playing. 

I still check other games, but I always come back to Zentia. 

I'm looking forward to seeing this game grow and reach it's full potential. Try it out and see if you like it! 

Comments

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Don't forget bounty hunting, the ability to block attacks, and really funny quests that are actually grammatically correct xD 

Epic boss fights too, if Youtube gameplay videos are anything to go by. I'm looking for a war game, but this game was really great for what it is.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-VcxHxwYSSc"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice how they're *dodging* boss monsters' attacks?

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Saying the best parts of an MMO is the fact that is has quests, crafting, PvP, and guilds is like saying the best part of this car for sale is that is has tires, an engine, seats, and a steering wheel.

Besides that I have absolutely no opinion about this game, I just wanted to make that point.

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

Saying the best parts of an MMO is the fact that is has quests, crafting, PvP, and guilds is like saying the best part of this car for sale is that is has tires, an engine, seats, and a steering wheel.

Besides that I have absolutely no opinion about this game, I just wanted to make that point.

Hehe I have to agree with your point. On the other hand, to the OPer, glad you have an MMO you love. I know to many people (myself included at times) that are nomadic and never truely find a game they like enough to stay with more than a few months.

Not all MMOs have PvP( Maplestory) and few have real PKing(Mabinogi doesn't), Not all have enough quests to say it's not a grind(Priston tale, though an okay game imo, didn't), I've never heard of those kinds of guild activities, and not all have crafting(Ragnorok). They were good points. She mentioned unique things too...like constant events....and she also mentioned mainstream quests. Few F2P MMOs have mainstream quests(I can only think of Mabinogi, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online, and Dynasty Warriors Online).

Originally posted by Feverfew

Not all MMOs have PvP( Maplestory) and few have real PKing(Mabinogi doesn't), Not all have enough quests to say it's not a grind(Priston tale, though an okay game imo, didn't), I've never heard of those kinds of guild activities, and not all have crafting(Ragnorok). They were good points. She mentioned unique things too...like constant events....

Not all cars have tires and a few don't have steering wheels, not all have engines, I've never heard of those kinds of seats, and not all have windshields. Those are good points. I can also mention unique things too like shifting knobs but a lot of cars have those.

Still not trashing or flaming anything, just defending my point: Zentia brings nothing original to the table.

Not all MMOs have PvP( Maplestory) and few have real PKing(Mabinogi doesn't), Not all have enough quests to say it's not a grind(Priston tale, though an okay game imo, didn't), I've never heard of those kinds of guild activities, and not all have crafting(Ragnorok). They were good points. She mentioned unique things too...like constant events....

Not all cars have tires and a few don't have steering wheels, not all have engines, I've never heard of those kinds of seats, and not all have windshields. Those are good points. I can also mention unique things too like shifting knobs but a lot of cars have those.

Still not trashing or flaming anything, just defending my point: Zentia brings nothing original to the table.

Yes, but you probably wouldn't want to buy a car with no tires, steering wheels, or engines. I wouldn't. It's nice to know before you've already paid for it, right?

And this car has spinners, great engine, can it be a hover car? Can I stop talking in metaphor?

Though the OP didn't mention these "original things brought the the table," things include: Very big mounts, like a frog the size of a shack. Most mounts that I know of have combat skills of their own...the frog can jump up into the air and land to create a shockwave that knocks things around him back. You can block attacks. It's not the action game that I'd originally hoped that implied, but it adds something to the combat. Very few grammatical errors in quest text; that's always nice to know, imo, before you try a f2p mmo. I leave as soon as I see quest dialogue that looks like it's been through Google Translate. Bounty Hunting. And she did mention some things that are uncommon, though probably not original, for a F2P MMO. 

Yes, but you probably wouldn't want to buy a car with no tires, steering wheels, or engines. I wouldn't. It's nice to know before you've already paid for it, right?
    And this car has spinners, great engine, can it be a hover car? Can I stop talking in metaphor?

From what I see on the outside, I don't see a hover car or even a Ferarri, I see a family sedan.

Sure it's a decent car, get's ok gas mileage, and comfortably seats a family of four (what mother wouldn't love that?) but it's hardly fun or unique to take out for a drive. And this day and age where people are utterly sick to the point of throwing up old and spoiled game mechanics, something that doesn't bring fresh food to the table will just be thrown out with the rest.

From what I see on the outside, I don't see a hover car or even a Ferarri, I see a family sedan.

Sure it's a decent car, get's ok gas mileage, and comfortably seats a family of four (what mother wouldn't love that?) but it's hardly fun or unique to take out for a drive. And this day and age where people are utterly sick to the point of throwing up old and spoiled game mechanics, something that doesn't bring fresh food to the table will just be thrown out with the rest.

Meh, I agree with most of what you're trying to say. I rage all of the time on the internet about how these games want us to watch our characters fight, but I'm starting to suspect that either you're really enjoying this debate or you've played a lot of games that I haven't. It brings new things to the table....just not things that either of us want. I was supplying info for people who may be interested in these features, but I've said already that this game didn't have what I'm looking for.