Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 OST

Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

For the uninitiated (which I honestly doubt is any of you, but just in case!), an OST is an original soundtrack containing all of the music from a given game, show, or what have you.

Thus far we've heard some absolutely amazing orchestral accompaniments in Guild Wars 2 that would serve as amazing music in their own right, and music that I'd want to listen to, too! One of my favourite examples is this piece. I'd be more than happy to buy an OST simply to have the music of that and some other tracks without all hte noise/talking over the top of it. Why that one in particular? I love drums, what can I tell you?

Anyone else have any favourite tracks, and are the rest of you hoping to see the OST sold, or perhaps available as part of a collector's edition?

(Whoops, screwed up me first poll. Sorry about that. I was going to add a 'no, I'm not fussy on the music' option buuut accidentally submitted it too quickly.)

Comments

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I made a topic last month about Jeremy Soule and the GW2 music; http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4130505#4130505

I think my thoughts are minded there. This track you posted sounds nice, but it's not par on the Skyrim theme IMO!

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

That piece really reminds me a lot of the Isengard theme.

Good music anyway :D.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

@Kalfer

That's chalk & cheese though, innit? It's like saying that smooth jazz is better than soul. What's on offer there with that track is more tribal in comparison to Skyrim's more typical 'epic fantasy' muzak. To each their own! I think they're both as good, but just of different genres.

Anyway, that was really just an example, my personal favourite. I was mostly curious what favourites other people had and whether anyone would be interested in an OST. And is Soule the only composer for GW2? I thought there were a few, I recall there being a few for Guild Wars 1, of which Soule was one of them.

(I should make this into a poll! I wonder if I can? I shall endeavour to find out!)

• chiksochikso Member Posts: 150

Yes, that sample is my absolute favorite soundtrack of GW2 I've heard so far, I might as well purchase the OST.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

my favorite. it just... sweeps me away