Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB Beta, did anyone not like it?

sheek80sheek80 Member Posts: 158

I was wondering what you dislikes are on the game without giving too much info, like concepts and what you feel will be the future of this game

Comments

• Volture777Volture777 Member Posts: 31

APB is a lot of fun, but the game is, IMO, always going to be heavily hindered by the fact that its 3rd person.  3rd person game with objectives = camp fest peering around walls

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

There is alot of work that needs to be done and who knows if it will ever be fixed. Same problems when RTW was around. Spawns were/are horrid, match-up's are completely unfair, aimbotters, wall hackers, etc. etc.

• I agree with both of these guy's still some of the same problems RTW had, i hope they fix it and whats up with the weapons.

• Thraz312Thraz312 Member Posts: 2

they nerfed the Non Lethal weapons really bad...I shot a wanted crim 8 times with my nl 9 shotgun but nothing happened he turned around and killed with like 4 shots of his ak :

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Corrupted

There is alot of work that needs to be done and who knows if it will ever be fixed. Same problems when RTW was around. Spawns were/are horrid, match-up's are completely unfair, aimbotters, wall hackers, etc. etc.

This.

All in all they just fixed SOME of the performance issues and changed the character progression.Everything else that made the game fail in the first place is still there.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

My opinion on Apb Reloaded

Pro           - Driving and customization is fun .

Negative - Latency 300 Ping vs 50 ping

- People with mods against people with zero mods are getting rape in Mission.

It gets dull after awhile but who cares right cos its F2P lol. :)

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by Corrupted

I never played APB: under RTW but from my closed beta experince the matchups are improving slowly and supposedly the spawning will be sorted soon. I do feel however it may be too early to go to open beta considering some of the outstanding issues that when encountered can make your experience horrible. I think the implementation of Punkbuster should lower the number of hackers while increasing the number of banned accounts.

My first night playing after about 90 minutes I quit in disgust and vowed never to play again and it is this kind of reaction I worry will wreck the otential APB:R player base by going to Open beta now.

I managed to convince myself to give it a second try and after about 4 hours of running riot in a nice group I was hooked. Yes even last night out team got whooped twice by a known group of aimbotters and we got harrassed by some enforcers "ghosting" us (ghosting = people who interfere in your missions who are not actually opposing you, usually its clanmates of the people you are fighting co-ordinating on Vent/TS and since they arent in your mission you cant kill them or blow up their vehicles) at the request of their clanmates who were opposing us.

Still for me the Fun of playing and the potential I can see in the game outweights these downsides. But yeah, going Open beta now worries me, perhaps instead they should give each of the active closed beta testers 1 or 2 friend invites to send out and then use that to graph how many of those invites tht are accepted actually stay actively playing longer than 2 weeks.

Overall I am surprised by how much I have enjoyed the CB.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

Aimbotting was as rampant as ever... and that was my #1 issue with RTW: at higher level's 90% of my matchups were against people running third party appz and/or players who would hide on rooftops.

No thanks, not again.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Whoa, what?

First I hear specific lists of things APB:R fixed and then this thread pops up contradicting everything everybody has been saying the entire time this game has been in CB. Did they change everything back or were we all lied to up until now? And lied to by actual beta testers after the NDA lifted, not just by gamersfirst?

Things that were contradicted:
    Weapon Balance including mods
    Matchmaking
    Wall Hacks (aimbots can't be prevented, only reported)

Either they fixed these and broke them again, people have been lying this entire time, or the information in this thread needs checking.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I love it, again. Just to be clear, there are not that many hackers. People who say so can not stand the fact that other people are better players. Matchmaking is in the works, but they already said they need a bit more time. I don't like the cash shop part, but I pwn people with my starter star anyway.

I highly recommend anyone to play this game in a team. This game is very teambased. If there are Dutch people here looking for some ingame buddies to game with, look me up on server; Patriot, Chazer (enforcer).

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

Whoa, what?

First I hear specific lists of things APB:R fixed and then this thread pops up contradicting everything everybody has been saying the entire time this game has been in CB. Did they change everything back or were we all lied to up until now? And lied to by actual beta testers after the NDA lifted, not just by gamersfirst?

Matchmaking

Either they fixed these and broke them again, people have been lying this entire time, or the information in this thread needs checking.

Well I never played under RTW although from what ive read on the CB forums things were far far worse under RTW in basically every way but most importantly in the cheating stakes. Anyways here is my CB experiences.

Weapon Balance including mods - is pretty good, there are 3 weapons right now that need a change but so far anytime a particular weapon has seemed too powerfull its been tweaked. The default A/R is IMHO pretty good compared to the others you can buy and each weapon has a specific role with upsides & downsides. A certain group of weapons got nerfed but I never used them and from what I have seen the people who didnt whinge about it have adapted to those changes quite well.

Matchmaking - Not perfect but its better now than it has been before, they are still working on it but at least now the game calculates match ups in a logical way. Some of the people complaining on the CB forums about matchmaking are actually complaining another game mechnic I won't go into.

Wall Hacks - I have yet to be presented with a scenario where I thought someone was wallhacking. Since its TPS and you can switch which shoulder you look over on the fly at will, its very easy to use the camera system to look over walls, around corners & so forth to the point it may seem like a wallhack. Also in some situations your location will show up on the minimap under certain conditions which is by design. You can also have your character facing one way but actually have your camera and crosshair looking the opposide way (essentially eyes in the back of your head) but again this is by design and firing will cause your character to snap 180 degrees & open fire.

Aimbots - yes you will encounter them and they are quite obvious but the devs claim to have something in mind for these people beyond just a ban (which once it goes f2p would be useless anyway as they just make another account)

I dont think any CB testers would be lying, why would they ? they have nothing to gain.

As I said in my other post, after my initial bad first night experience I have been surprised by how much fun I have had in CB most of which can be attributed to how much fun it is playing in groups.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I will post here my experience with APB Reloaded.

I signed up for APB Reloaded Beta, and played the game, and I was kicking everyones ***** When it was closed beta, but as soon as people got their invites to get their characters back, and about two weeks later I noticed that people who were accused of hacking are back in APB Reloaded, and obviously using wall hacks, and Aimbots with push to toggle keys on their aimbot, aka two cheating websites which you can easily find on google.

APB is pretty much the same as it was when RTW owned the game, although Gamers First has made APB a lot worse than you could ever imagine.

Guns are no longer Sold to you, they are rented to you, and expire After 10 days even if you dont use the gun, I Guess you might be able to get guns from Mission Unlocks that you can keep, but I totally do not like the new APB Rental system for the guns, and Feel that these should be reverted so that you can keep them forever as long as your a subscriber or something.

Character Customization is screwed up, I imported my character from the original APB, and I had like 10 tatoos on it, and again Gamers First made a major screw up, I could not remove or edit tatoo on my character unless I purchase a premium account reguardless of if it was there before, and therfore I couldn't remove just one, or I would have to remove all but 3 which is insane.

Problem is if lets say you subscribe for one month, then add 20 tatoo to your character then go back to a free user, you can no longer edit or customize any tatoo unless you remove all but 3, and this really pisses me off that game companies can screw up a game this bad.

Other than these two changes tweaks, and changes to the game play, as well as bug fixes thats all that has changed really, and I will more than likely not play APB until they change the gun rental system, get rid of the hackers, and Fix character customization so that if it was there previously you can modify it without paying.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?s=57dad2e7d319b8acb3dca376ca5c90e7&showforum=631 You can read more on patch notes and such here.

You can see some similar complaints of other users here.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showforum=636

Out of asking gamers or other MMO Users to play this game, I would seriously advise against it, or at least do not put money into it until you have played the game to see what it is like, and if you can stand it, and then if you can feel free to do what you want, but this game the way it is as I said above I cant stand APB Reloaded as it is worse than RTW.

Originally posted by TheCrow2k

Originally posted by Xero_Chance
    Whoa, what?
    Matchmaking

Well I never played under RTW although from what ive read on the CB forums things were far far worse under RTW in basically every way but most importantly in the cheating stakes. Anyways here is my CB experiences.
    Weapon Balance including mods - is pretty good, there are 3 weapons right now that need a change but so far anytime a particular weapon has seemed too powerfull its been tweaked. The default A/R is IMHO pretty good compared to the others you can buy and each weapon has a specific role with upsides & downsides. LTL weapons got nerfed but I never used them and from what I have seen the people who didnt whinge have adapted to the changes quite well.
    Matchmaking - Not perfect but its better now than it has been before, they are still working on it but at least now the game calculates match ups in a logical way. Some of the people complaining on the CB forums about matchmaking are actually complaining about being witnessed and then engaged by a high threat player which is a different scenario and entirely the players own fault.
    Wall Hacks - I have yet to be presented with a scenario where I thought someone was wallhacking. Since its TPS and you can switch which shoulder you look over on the fly at will, its very easy to use the camera system to look over walls, around corners & so forth to the point it may seem like a wallhack. Also some people fail to realise that their location will show up on the minimap under certain conditions which is by design. You can also have your character facing one way but actually have your camera and crosshair looking the opposide way (essentially eyes in the back of your head) but again this is by design and firing will cause your character to snap 180 degrees & open fire.
    Aimbots - yes you will encounter them and they are quite obvious but the devs claim to have something in mind for these people beyond just a ban (which once it goes f2p would be useless anyway as they just make another account)
    I dont think any CB testers would be lying, why would they ? they have nothing to gain.

As I said in my other post, after my initial bad first night experience I have been surprised by how much fun I have had in CB most of which can be attributed to how much fun it is playing in groups.

Ah, somebody with some sense. Yeah, I thought something was fishy about this thread. It contradicted everything I've heard up to this point.

The extra thing to get rid of the aimbotters is either an IP or a MAC ban. A MAC ban bans your network card's MAC address from ever making a connection to their server. You cannot change your MAC address unless you change out your network card, it's hard-coded into the hardware. It essentially disables a specific computer from ever connecting again unless they switch out their entire network card (AKA buy a new one). Since it's probably paired with an IP address ban, they'd have to change that too, making it incredibly difficult and costly to "un-ban" yourself.

EDIT: Stupid mix-up, change "MAC address" with "NIC number". It's essentially the same thing. Too lazy to do it myself.

-SNIP-

The extra thing to get rid of the aimbotters is either an IP or a MAC ban. A MAC ban bans your network card's MAC address from ever making a connection to their server. You cannot change your MAC address unless you change out your network card, it's hard-coded into the hardware. It essentially disables a specific computer from ever connecting again unless they switch out their entire network card (AKA buy a new one). Since it's probably paired with an IP address ban, they'd have to change that too, making it incredibly difficult and costly to "un-ban" yourself.

Actually it is possible to change your MAC or even spoof it, I wont go into that but yeah. In another game I played a few years back (first person shooter not MMO) they had coded it to make your weapon essentially fire blanks if the game thought you were cheating, which was quite entertaining all these people rage quitting and accusing others of cheating when it was they themselves who were cheating.

You cant really ban People by IP, most of the worls population are on dynamic IP's so you simply go to yoru router and reset it to get a new one. Then some poor unsuspecting soul on the same ISP as you eventually is allocated that IP and cant play APB because its banned.

One thing I left out was I dont like is that gun rental is the only option, it would be nice to have a permenant purchase option that has a limited lifespan (number of bullets it fires) instead.

Well IP Bans are easy to get around.

DSL, Unplug Modem for 24 hours, or if you have two gateways like me  its even easier, I suppose you could always use a proxy.

MAC Bans, Couldn't these be bypassed by editing APB Reloaded, and client mods?

I know in some games this is easily done.

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DFE-530TX-Ethernet-Desktop-Adapter/dp/B00004SYNX/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305098399&sr=8-3 Alternately you can easily get a bulk load of network cards for $2 a piece, and get banned as much as you want there, or on ebay, and then resell?

Gamers First just needs to actually get Punk Buster working, and start going after the companies making these cheats/hacks, and problem solved, because the way I see it there is always going to be cheaters in this game, and then it isn't worth playing.

* I mean MAC ban on most common unexperienced cheaters I know it will work, but the 5 cheaters I have seen using hacks and talked to in game have experience in this stuff and can easily circumvent any type of ban.*

Originally posted by Renoaku
    Well IP Bans are easy to get around.
    DSL, Unplug Modem for 24 hours, or if you have two gateways like me  its even easier, I suppose you could always use a proxy.
    MAC Bans, Couldn't these be bypassed by editing APB Reloaded, and client mods?
    I know in some games this is easily done.
    http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DFE-530TX-Ethernet-Desktop-Adapter/dp/B00004SYNX/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305098399&sr=8-3 Alternately you can easily get a bulk load of network cards for $2 a piece, and get banned as much as you want there, or on ebay, and then resell?
    Gamers First just needs to actually get Punk Buster working, and start going after the companies making these cheats/hacks, and problem solved, because the way I see it there is always going to be cheaters in this game, and then it isn't worth playing.
    * I mean MAC ban on most common unexperienced cheaters I know it will work, but the 5 cheaters I have seen using hacks and talked to in game have experience in this stuff and can easily circumvent any type of ban.*

Regardless, I know if gamersfirst quietly logged those people's IP and sent an abuse report to their ISP, their service would be promptly canceled. They just need to not let the player know they were logged so they don't change their IP during that time. They would have to switch ISP's too.

In extreme cases, they could even get the FTC (or FBI?) to subpoena the ISP into giving them enough contact information for gamersfirst to take legal action, but I doubt they would do this because it costs a lot of money. There's got to be something they could sue for. Maybe something related to abuse or harassment of a company or something. Maybe something related to vandalization? I'm no lawyer.

They could also hire a big guy with an aluminum bat to go to those hacker's houses and beat them to within an inch of their miserable little lives. I'd pay to see that.

• nethstarnethstar Member Posts: 24

So far, played with both versions.

The only differences between RTW and G1's versions of APB are the naming conventions (APB and APB:R) and the fact that RTW spent a lot of time balancing weapons. G1 spent more time worrying on the Marketplace and minor performace issues.(mostly PB related)

What's still there?

-Camping

-Mismatching

-Those lame "defend location" missions still exist

-Press F to do everything still exists.

-Spawns are still bad.

-Camping or getting to mission location first still wins matches

True, but how many game companies out there actually report cheating to ISP's I mean usually they just ban the account, and I have never seen a game company besides Blizzard ever go after a company that made cheats for wow called wow glider, and its gone.

Also people who are behind proxies, or use programs like HMA, or other WTFast they would have to get a court order for disclosure of information or something, and then they could deliver a notice that says they are no longer allowed on that service, but I have yet to actually see any game companies do this.

I would also totally pay to see this done to cheaters lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EJXTh4HMAE

• DarthMajinDarthMajin Member Posts: 92

I did both the CB for RTW and now for G1.  The game is sitting in a better state then it was under RTW.  Hackers are there but I could care less about them.  As far as the weapon rental, I'm pretty sure it's that way right now to test weapon rental, from what I understand there will be perminent versions of the weapons in game.  G1 just wanted to get the lease testing done so it could be implemented right away, which lets newer characters rent high grade weaponry to stay competative with the better skilled players.  My ONLY major problem with this game is the community.  I am not a very good player, I know this.  But almost every mission I get whispers from the opposing side that usually one (cause I am not that good) telling me that I suck, that I should just quit, and sometimes it can get down right verbally abusive.  If G1 would institute the ability to only send whispers to people who you are on their friends list, then I wouldn't have much more to complain about beyond that.  The matchmaking is better now, some guns aren't as overpowered now, though the less than lethal i think was nerfed a bit much hehe.  I think this game under G1 will become a nice F2P game though I think it would be just as good under a B2P model as well.  I would definately pay to purchase the game if I didn't have to pay a subscription.  I hope G1 keeps up the good work so I can enjoy myself while playing, even if some of the community make me feel like just stopping ever so often.

Originally posted by nethstar
    So far, played with both versions.
    The only differences between RTW and G1's versions of APB are the naming conventions (APB and APB:R) and the fact that RTW spent a lot of time balancing weapons. G1 spent more time worrying on the Marketplace and minor performace issues.(mostly PB related)
    What's still there?
    -Camping
    -Mismatching
    -Those lame "defend location" missions still exist
    -Press F to do everything still exists.
    -Spawns are still bad.
    -Camping or getting to mission location first still wins matches

-Camping is a legitimate gunfighting strategy used in real-life, what do you think bunkers are for?
    -One of their main selling points is their new matchmaking system, they'll probably fix this before OB.
    -Those missions suck but they're essentially a King-Of-The-Hill match, which are in lots of shooters.
    -Interact keys are in lots of games and are more useful than having a separate key for every little thing.
    -Spawning is random for a reason but sometimes you do get screwed over. That's the nature of randomness. They could tweak it a bit, I agree.
    -That's the point of fast cars and crazy driving. Of course getting there first gives you an advantage, that's why you hurry. It's part of the whole adrenaline rush.
  • BizzlebuffBizzlebuff Member Posts: 87

I'm looking forward to APB Reloaded going live, it looks like fun. 

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

The truth is people that dont like APB are the people that suck at it.

I dont mind saying that for the most part I was especially good at APB, so of course I loved it.    I'm not really a shoot em up player but something with APB clicked.

Now, though, APB:R  is considerably tougher and I find myself having to fight really hard for every inch, every kill, every target and every mission.

Do I still love it?.... damn right!... but yea, I can see how people who arnt very good, dont get it, dont make an effort wont like it.. they are basically humiliated to the point where they can only blame the game.. not themselves.

APB is one of those games which really shows up those people who have no skill and no fighting spirit.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by sadeyx

The truth is people that dont like APB are the people that suck at it.

I dont mind saying that for the most part I was especially good at APB, so of course I loved it.    I'm not really a shoot em up player but something with APB clicked.

Now, though, APB:R  is considerably tougher and I find myself having to fight really hard for every inch, every kill, every target and every mission.
    Do I still love it?.... damn right!... but yea, I can see how people who arnt very good, dont get it, dont make an effort wont like it.. they are basically humiliated to the point where they can only blame the game.. not themselves.

APB is one of those games which really shows up those people who have no skill and no fighting spirit.

That is exactly what I mean as well. This is the reason people THINK only hackers play this game. And besides, G1 already banned around 170 people from the game.
  • David99David99 Member Posts: 224

Firstly, cheating in games isn't against the law or against your ISP TOS, and really, the ISP isn't going to go digging through logs unless there's a court order of some sort.

Secondly, cheating was rampant in the original game especially at higher levels- people killing you from across the map or from fast moving cars with auto ntek's & oca's without missing a shot, people doing 360 degree turns and locking to target instantly, and people who always knew where you were etc... it was pretty damn obvious who was cheating and who wasn't.

TLDR: If the fix the hacking and add new content i'm in! Will definitely be checking out the open beta.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Well Ive just read their latest blog and they do give the impression that they are on top of hacking.

Although, what worries me is that they say cheating only helps them to Aim.. and Im fairly sure the hacks can do more than that.

as for content... hmm, well its a shooter, the content comes from your enemy.. so long as there is people to shoot I'm not really too botherd about that.   Sure, new maps, missions types and rulesets would be nice but wont effect if I play or not.