Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Order & Chaos (iPad MMO) | BFF Report

Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

"Having recently rigged his iPad for outbound recording, Mike B jumps right into the latest MMORPG offerings from the mobile world, Order & Chaos. It has been mentioned by many forum-goers that this game feels 'inspired by' World of Warcraft, but do those observations have any merit? Watch and decide for yourself..."

BFF Report Link

After watching this I was quite surprised by what this game is planning to get away with. Not by the fact that it's a blatent rip-off of WoW (really don't care about that) but by the fact that it's charging a subscription fee and also having a Pay to Win cash shop, akin to the one Allod's Online killed itself with.

Comments

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

So in your mind does blizzard own the rights to anything fanatasy?

Or just the lore thats been created before computers were invented?

Possibly the ruleset based on D&D pen and paper (again before computing)

Or is it just anything with sub par cartoonish graphics?

Wow clone referse to gameplay type, that is, open world quest grinder, instanced themepark attractions (be it pvp or pve dungeons) the the goal of grinding for endgame gear as the focus.  Oh and they dont own the right to make those types of games, they just did it first/"best"

You do realize that wow hasnt done anything origional when it comes to lore right?  The only thing origionally theirs is in the games execution, which people who try to imitate can never get right anyway.

Anyway at the rate things are going youll have cellphone abilities to play wow soon.

I really wish people would educate themselves on the orgins of fantasy lore involving orcs,elves ect, rather than assuming its blizzard property, since thats apparently the only time theyve encounterd such lore/ideas.

very sad post indeed

Also, its a mobil game, and from the looks of it quite an advanced one.  If theres no competition for such games, and a market for them, overcharging will only spawn more games like it for less...unless its some wild success (i dont think the market is there for it though)

• etineletinel Member Posts: 9

Here are some screenies I took from one of the starting cities.

-The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph-

• sykxsykx Member Posts: 3

Whether or not you would like to compare this game to WoW or not I could care less.  I tried WoW and never had time to play it or any other game alike.  I find that this platform and the MMORPG gameplay area  great mix.

These games only getting better and thus far I think Gameloft has done the best done job in the MMORPG category.  If you would like to check out a free version there are others such as Seven Swords, but for qualtiy and a social atmosphere I would select Order&Chaos.  

I have only had the game for a few days and have found myself continuously playing, whether on lunch at work, wating for people, and casually at home.  I have actually ran my battery down twice now and I would not be able to find time to play a PC game as much.  I can completely and typically safely disconnect to from the game in an instant and start back up in under a minute.

Out of a 5 Star rating I would give it a 4.5 as everything can and will be improved.  

I hope to see everyone who enjoys such and experience in the game! ...  Gamertag: Sykx

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

WoW and Allods had a baby....O&CO was born!

Na but seriously the game does look like WoW and Allods..Even though its pretty much a ripoff , id still play it if it ever became a FB app. Playing on my phone is out of the question. For 2 reasons..(1) Im too poor to own an Ipad or Iphone. (2) I have really bad eyesite.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Failed to mention the subscription cost is like $3 for 6 months I believe. Or $1 for 1 month(obviously the 6 month deal is better). And technically you can still login without a sub but its extremely limited i guess.